Looking for input on Everlast 200sti vs 210stl
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Looking for input on Everlast 200sti vs 210stl

I am looking for peoples input I am wanting to get a "stick" welder for home I really want more power over my hobart 140 so I have the capability to weld some thicker material. I have looked at Everlasts website and I am really looking at the 200sti and 210stl trying to decide if all the extra features on the 210 are worth it?
    I would like to add a tig down the road but that is not my primary focus right now. I have tried to reach out to everlast about trying to find a dealer that I could talk to or even look at the machines and I was never reached out to by everlast.
    So does anyone here have one or the other and wish they would have spent the money on something else? Or is it worth looking for a local thunderbolt Ac/dc or tombstone? Just trying to make sure I make the most informed wise decision.

Re: Looking for input on Everlast 200sti vs 210stl

I have the 200 STi.

Would I have wished I had bought the 210 STL in it's place if I had the extra cash on hand? possibly. I already had a gas valve operated torch and limited myself to a certain dollar amount because I don't use a welder all that often.

The 210STL has provisions for pedal operation, has downslope and post flow control. Those I consider a plus. It also has a gas solenoid, VRD and anti stick. You have judge if that is worth the $90 difference in price. I think when you take a hard look you may find it is.

Have you also compared the 160STH to see if it is a good fit for your requirements?

Can't help you with any other recommendations as the only other model I considered was the ESAB 161LTS and it's more money than the 210.

I can made a short video and host it on YT if you need me to. Might be a few days.

One more thing. Yes I did consider buying a used Lincoln 225 AC/DC machine. Considering the difference in the price between what I paid for the Everlast 200STi (on a whale of a sale last year!) and what I could find used, it was a no brainer. More features, lighter, warranty... you can see where I'm going with it.
    Might a 225AC buzz box fit the bill for your needs? Those can be found for as low as $50~75 used on CL. Built a lot of crap with my old craftsman over the years.
    Last edited by rustybronco; 02-01-2019 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rustybronco View Post
    I have the 200 STi.

Would I have wished I had bought the 210 STL in it's place if I had the extra cash on hand? possibly. I already had a gas valve operated torch and limited myself to a certain dollar amount because I don't use a welder all that often.

The 210STL has provisions for pedal operation, has downslope and post flow control. Those I consider a plus. It also has a gas solenoid, VRD and anti stick. You have judge if that is worth the $90 difference in price. I think when you take a hard look you may find it is.

Have you also compared the 160STH to see if it is a good fit for your requirements?

Can't help you with any other recommendations as the only other model I considered was the ESAB 161LTS and it's more money than the 210.

I can made a short video and host it on YT if you need me to. Might be a few days.

One more thing. Yes I did consider buying a used Lincoln 225 AC/DC machine. Considering the difference in the price between what I paid for the Everlast 200STi (on a whale of a sale last year!) and what I could find used, it was a no brainer. More features, lighter, warranty... you can see where I'm going with it.
    Might a 225AC buzz box fit the bill for your needs? Those can be found for as low as $50~75 used on CL. Built a lot of crap with my old craftsman over the years.
    In my area even a 225AC still bring $150-300 and I have seen AC/DC 225 $300-500 Mainly on FB for sale groups. my local CL is very limited I am kind of in the sticks and its about 1hr any direction for a CL "town" The few I have seen on groups all seem to have been kicked around the barn for many many years and would definitely need new cable/cables so it makes zero sense when I can buy something like an Inverter machine.

the built in gas solenoid, anti stick and post flow controls definitely seem like they would be worth it the extra cash. the 161 and 160sth seem to be great machines which maybe I should get something with a little less maximum amperage so get the extra features.

I dont use a welder often but when I do I always seem to find that my hobart 140 isnt enough I do simple home repairs/basic farm repairs I am hoping for a step up over my 140 and get me buy until I decide to buy a large unit.

if you want to make a YT video that would be great I love to watch and learn as much as possible whenever I can.

bought everlast MTS 211Si 2 years ago

for stick, has arc force, hot start %, hot start time

ahp, primeweld TIG225ACDCP, don't got nothing for ARC

pedal for 221Si, is a real foot pedal...not some cheezy pedal
    like ahp, primeweld, uses

my 2 cents

Charl

Quote Originally Posted by xmmancharl View Post
    bought everlast MTS 211Si 2 years ago

for stick, has arc force, hot start %, hot start time