anyone ever used a grease gun for a hrrststic taste of at tank - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: anyone ever used a grease gun for a hrrststic taste of at tank

Quote Originally Posted by ronsii View Post
    That means you'll have to lay it on the side to test???
    Man I hope not, back up plan, I'll just put a tee on top of the standpipe I run on the air output side of the tank, come off the bull of the tee with a nipple and ball valve to vent the air, and pipe the pump to the top of the tee instead of the side of the tank where the compressor tube threads into the tank.
    I've been everywhere but the electric chair, seen everything but the wind...the only two things I can't weld is the crack of dawn and a broken heart!

Started to get the compressor tank ready for hydro testing. Starter relay electrical feed has been removed and the pressure switch electrical hae been removed from the pressure limit switch. Now I have to lay the tank on its side and fill it with water and hook the test pump to it when the BSPT to NPT adapter fittings arrive in a few days.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    I've been everywhere but the electric chair, seen everything but the wind...the only two things I can't weld is the crack of dawn and a broken heart!

more pics
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by tackit; 03-14-2019 at 07:28 PM.

Every pressure vessel should have a data plate on it listing
    The woking pressure and an hydro static pressure. I believe the hydro pressure is the one you test to.
    If you do a search for asme codes you can find what you need to do a pressure test. Link is to some info on testimg
    https://www.engineersedge.com/pressu...ests_13917.htm
    Lincoln 350mp
    miller regency
    miller syncro wave 300