Lincoln AC-225-S
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Lincoln AC-225-S

Just purchased this unit used.

Its not like all the other 225 welders, mine has a flat top, with rounded corners. Like these:
    Name:  Lincoln Welder.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  70.1 KB
    Name:  Lincoln Welder1.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  34.7 KB

Do you guys think all the ones made in Canada were flat top?
    Mine has these markings
    Code No, W-190 7
    Type K-1170
    AC-225-S
    CM 9803-1

States its made in Toronto Canada, but should have a CI not a CM for March 1998.

Info on the color ranges from Plastikote Fire Red, Safety Red, Fire Truck Red
    to Rustolium Royal Rad, or Regal Red, or Sunrise Red
    Dupont Centari Auto - Powder Paint Red B8902AW
    Sherwin WIlliams J22XXR16517P4337
    Dupont pre 91 is 6334, 91-97 is 45832 and 97+ is B8012

There is a black wire, label on it states H2, my digital multi meter hooked up to that, goes to the bottom left on switch. Seems to be heat shrunk, with some red paint. Not sure if its suppose to be connected to anything or not. The bottom left has a wire hooked up to it, I cant tell if H2 is the same wire, or connected to another wire. It is all heat shrunk.
    Last edited by matt4x4; 02-09-2019 at 11:55 PM.

Re: Lincoln AC-225-S

Weird who knows
    looking for an old cheap Engine drive

That's the Canadian shape.
    Eventual master of the obvious, practitioner of "stream of consciousness fabrication". P.S. I edit almost every post because because I'm posting from my phone and my fingers sometimes move faster than my brain.

I found a picture of paper tag online about the h2 and h3. It states for the 230V input, connect h3 and fan motor to switch and insulate lead h2. For low line voltage connect h2 to switch and insulate connection of lead h2 & fan motor. Does low line mean 110V, since h2 is insulated?

Best guess as to the shape other then the "Canadian" model LOL is the age of stick welder. Looked high and low for the serial, dont think CM 9803-1 is it, since CI is Toronto. I have found no stamps anywhere on the metal. The only thing with any numbers is the face plate.

Lincoln AC-225-S

I’ve seen plenty of units like this, all made in Canada. It’s been awhile since the ac180 amp machine was made. The are all 225’s now. My 1991 250 ideal arc is also a flat top, made in Canada machine.
    Jason
    Lincoln Idealarc 250 stick/tig
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Miller Bobcat 250
    Torchmate CNC table
    Thermal Arc Hefty 2
    Ironworkers Local 720

How about a Mexican dual volt ?
    Name:  maquina-soldador-lincoln-electric-ac-225-glm-industrial-D_NQ_NP_756000-MLV25983820294_092017-F.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  50.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by matt4x4 View Post
    I found a picture of paper tag online about the h2 and h3. It states for the 230V input, connect h3 and fan motor to switch and insulate lead h2. For low line voltage connect h2 to switch and insulate connection of lead h2 & fan motor. Does low line mean 110V, since h2 is insulated?

Best guess as to the shape other then the "Canadian" model LOL is the age of stick welder. Looked high and low for the serial, dont think CM 9803-1 is it, since CI is Toronto. I have found no stamps anywhere on the metal. The only thing with any numbers is the face plate.
    I doubt they were referring to 120 volts when they said low voltage. More likely they mean 208 volts like you'd get from 2 legs of 3 phase.
    Eventual master of the obvious, practitioner of "stream of consciousness fabrication". P.S. I edit almost every post because because I'm posting from my phone and my fingers sometimes move faster than my brain.

I was going to get a unit that converted two 120V outlets on different phases, but the input line would only handle 15A or 20A whatever the circuit breaker is rated for on the 120V line. Needless to say I purchased a clamp meter because it was on sale for 80% off. Cleaned her up nice, spark plug cleaner on the contacts, cleared out the cob webs, cleaned up the welding gunk caked onto everything. On the hunt for some diode rectifiers.

Lots of YT channels to choose from for learning, anyone have a welding YT channel they prefer?

Thanks for the input.

i prefer the Weld.com channel on youtube Bobs been a welding instructor since 1984
    looking for an old cheap Engine drive

Weld.com and weldingtipsandtricks.

^^^ This. Especially weldingtipsandtricks.

Hey thanks guys.

I just hooked up the machine for the first time, and did my first sparks, I wont call them welds. I had it at 60A for some 1/4" (no joining steel) and the 6013 would stick, not enough juice. Then moved over to joinery and slowly raised it to 100A when I got my first "bead" what an amazing feeling to melt two pieces of steel together. I have to get the feel for how much feed to give the rod into the puddle. Definitely have to hook up 240 outlets in both garages now, and go on the hunt for scrap steel.

For a long time I always pondered trying this out, just felt overwhelmed and the cost of the machines through me off. I paid $160 cdn for the box, no cables, no clamps or holder. I bought everything from Power Fisted Princess Auto. Into it all for probably $225'ish.

I bought their house brand rods PowerWeld, 5lbs, because they were on sale, half off.
    https://www.princessauto.com/en/deta...es/A-p8522898e