AmicoPower SF-200A 200 Amp Welder
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

AmicoPower SF-200A 200 Amp Welder

Has anyone looked at the new AmicoPower SF-200A 200 Amp Welder?
    It's recently been released, has 85 OCV and is designed for cellulosic electrodes, but surprisingly it has no Arc Force Control Knob

How would you switch between basic and cellulosic electrodes?
    http://amicopower.com/index.php?rout...product_id=146
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by mbmalone; 02-10-2019 at 02:12 AM.

Re: AmicoPower SF-200A 200 Amp Welder

same advertising BS as we get here.
    i suspect because they don't say 6010 and only "cellulosic" it means it will run 6011 but not 6010.

most small inverters here don't have adjustable arc force etc. they claim its "automatic" ie its preset.

They say it will specifically run 6010.

They offer another new 2019 model which has the arc force adjustment, but this is their latest technology for stick welders.
    It requires slightly less input and produces slightly more power. Both these 2019 models cost exactly the same, btw.

thats doesn't mention 6010 at all. tho the model with arc force adjustment says its does.

however it does mention "it even can be adjusted for specialty to make arc softer or harder". what that actually means is anyones guess. it might have arc force adjustment, you can get it where you push in the control knob for other adjustments.
    however without reading the operating manual i couldn't say.

home depot sells many online. cannot go by ocv. i have HF inverter with 95 ocv that runs 6010 with problems.
    i normally test inverters 1/8 6010 has normally 70-130 amp range and some inverters will run it with
    short arc at 70-100 amps
    1) at 100 amps i would see if i can maintain a 1/4 to 5/16" arc length. many inverters after 1/2 second arc goes out
    2) at 125 amps can i short 1/16" long arc weld without a sputtering arc wanting to go out
    3) can i pull a 1/4" arc at 125 amps and how long can i maintain it some arc goes out in less than 1 second and
    some welding machines you can maintain the 1/4" arc length continuously full length of the rod
    inverters react fast ocv and arc voltage can change in a millisecond easily 10x faster than human can react.
    some welders specifically designed for arc to go out at 1/8" arc length and by bringing hot rod end closer a
    arc will jump and restart before touching again. specifically you can pulse weld. rather than whip a short to
    long arc periodically with inverters you can pull up 1/8 before porosity starts arc auto goes out and wait a
    second and bring closer and arc reignites automatically. arc on, arc off, arc on, etc
    in the old days if i had painted steel i could pull a 5/16" to 3/8" arc length and go down weld path to warm up
    the paint and then wire brush the soft paint off. old welding machines i could maintain a 5/16" arc length for
    the length of the rod easily far enough away to not deposit metal. but if i tried to weld at 1/4" arc length
    i would get a porous or bad weld. inverters are designed to prevent maintained long arc length that could
    give a porous weld. inverters are designed to stop arc fast and restart arc fast. 10x faster than a human can.
    old mig welders had reactor or inductance setting. basically you could slow down time it takes for amps
    and voltage to change as arc length changes (less splatter needed on big 500 amp machines) .
    possibly 6010 rated welder they are just slowing the arc voltage changes to arc length changes timing
    so arc is more stable at longer arc lengths. obviously you dont want to continuously weld at a 3/16 to 1/4"
    long arc length. point is do you want a welding machine that prevents long arc lengths by having arc go
    out fast or faster. never saw stick welder with inductance knob to slow down arc voltage changes to arc
    length changes. be nice feature turn knob and could maintain 3/8" long arc length as long as wanted and
    then turn knob and when arc length gets to 1/8 after 0.5 seconds arc goes out and bring rod closer and
    arc auto restarts at 1/16" gap within 0.5 seconds
    Last edited by WNY_TomB; 02-10-2019 at 06:39 AM.

SF-200A is specially designed for welding cellulose electrode welding machine, with force adjustment function. Very easy to use all electrode E6010, E6011, E6013, E7014, E7018, etc., Advanced IGBT inverter technology, excellent Arc stability, hot start, anti-sticking, forces adjust, steeples amperage control, all generators friendly. Automatic compensation for voltage fluctuation, over-voltage protection, under voltage protection, over current protection, over load protection, Fan automatic temperature control, intelligent fan control operates when welding commences to cool components and reduce airborne contaminants pulled through the power source. The lightness and strength of its components make this a reliable work tool for professionals or personal use. This is optimized to deliver a flawless weld, making spatter and post-weld cleanup almost non-existent. SF-200A is a rectifier adopting the most advanced inverter technology. Welding power source can offer stronger, more concentrated and more stable arc. When stick and work piece get short, its response will be quicker. It means that it is easier to design into welding machine with different dynamic characteristics, and it even can be adjusted for specialty to make arc softer or harder.

I was going to buy this new Amico 2019 model, when I found the one I mentioned above.
    They are the same price and have the same capability, but the one above with the single knob provides more power on 110v, so more generator friendly and has a higher OCV of 85v, vs 75v. They went from having an Arc Force control to removing the Arc Force Control, which makes no sense ??

.Name:  Amico MMA 2019.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  86.4 KB
    Last edited by mbmalone; 02-10-2019 at 10:42 AM.