What's goin' on, WWEB? Greetings from the elustrious Balitmore, Md
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

What's goin' on, WWEB? Greetings from the elustrious Balitmore, Md

Approaching my final classes to become a journeyman Millwright, should be topped out within 9 months. I've been in the racquet for a little over 6 years now [Year of classroom progress got delayed due to Philly,PA merger].

I've played with a wirefeed since I was 14 in my garage. "hey bro can you weld my jettas oil pan, since you started welding last week?" "Got you!"
    BOOM!, learned all about heat, wire speed and pinpoint hand movement while fusing a chunk of steel to cover the hole I blew... Never cracked that oil pan again. Addicted.

After a few years of goofing off, playing in bands and partying hard, I became a Millwright @ age 22. I had worked for a " Kitchen Equipment Repair Service " for 2 years before millwrighting ( It was inlaw set up). I was near suicidal, didn't know what to do with my life, these techs were not going to give me their thunder. Their pay topped out pretty sad on account how gross working on that sh!t is. Although I did thoroughly enjoy working with the refrigeration techs.

Literally all the Baltimore Universitys, Union halls and trade schools were on one street. I put an application in all places; roofers, fitters, IBEW, plumbers, you name it. The Millwrights got back to me first, and my time at the "Kitchen Service" turned out to be somehow beneficial because first week as a MW, changing a mechanical clutch on a bucketwheel on a summer coal pile was similar to the drive set up on a Hobart 140 Quart Mixer in a 40+C Jessup State Prison. Gravy. Pay went up $30 at age 23. Onto other things... I became a Millwright, in those earlier years I became more of a motor setter, layout, structure guy. Crazy going from somewhere I was miserable as hell, to a place I was trusted and actually do enjoy my job.

As of lately I can find myself behind the shield for 30 hours out of my 60 hour week. I get things done. I've bent coupons without a proctor present, but will actually have my D1WHATEVER Unlimited Structural Cert. On Marth 5th., Third of many more to come. There

LONG STORY SHORT, ILL PICKIN YALL BRAINS

We'll get to that some other time. Many of millwrongs or ironworkers in the Area?

Re: What's goin' on, WWEB? Greetings from the elustrious Balitmore, Md

Welcome!
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC MIG/STICK/TIG
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
    We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream".
    RONALD REAGAN

Welcome aboard !

I always look up new words, so I had to look up "elustrious".
    Must be derived from the Latin "elusus":
    https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/elusus#Latin