this had to hurt big time..
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Re: this had to hurt big time..

We made sulphuric acid and OLEUM from the off gasses in the copper smelter where I worked, just the gasses were enough to drop you at times.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC MIG/STICK/TIG
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
    We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream".
    RONALD REAGAN

how do you fall into a vat of acid? that is the things nightmares are made of, his poor family.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Prayers for the man's family.
    I once had to change a bad battery in an Alco locomotive, it had swelled badly and was at the point of rupture when we started to pull it out of the tray. Oh, this thing was about 300 pounds too. On the way out it split and doused me with acid. The guys got me with a firehose immediately and helped tear off my coveralls and clothing and more fire hose. Luckily my underwear wasn't soaked with acid Got some good skin burns on my lower legs though and totally ruined a good pair of Whites logger boots.

12V71

Quote Originally Posted by 12V71 View Post
    I once had to change a bad battery in an Alco locomotive . . . this thing was about 300 pounds
    On the way out it split and doused me with acid . . . and totally ruined a good pair of Whites . . .
    Actually: 405 lbs. - I have pulled dozens/half from 'pocket-height' - Sorry about the Whites . . .

Hobbytime

Sulfuric Acid - Sherlock Holmes . . . oil of vitriol . . . vitriolic speech . . .

I recommend: you, and your cadre of 'Whipping Boys' - from the Political Thread . . .

Gargle oil of vitriol - it would 'excoriate your vocal cords' - and terminate your diarrheic
    pronouncements . . .

Sherlock channeled - 'you would type less - and think more' . . .

Opus

Quote Originally Posted by OPUS FERRO View Post

12V71

Actually: 405 lbs. - I have pulled dozens/half from 'pocket-height' - Sorry about the Whites . . .

Hobbytime

Sulfuric Acid - Sherlock Holmes . . . oil of vitriol . . . vitriolic speech . . .

I recommend: you, and your cadre of 'Whipping Boys' - from the Political Thread . . .

Gargle oil of vitriol - it would 'excoriate your vocal cords' - and terminate your diarrheic
    pronouncements . . .

Opus
    Keep the political thread nonsense in the political thread.
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Airco 300 - Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

Poor guy!

Quote Originally Posted by OPUS FERRO View Post

12V71

Hobbytime

pronouncements . . .

Opus
    opass why dont you jump into the acid yourself and see how fast a giant turd dissolves....

Quote Originally Posted by idacal View Post
    how do you fall into a vat of acid? that is the things nightmares are made of, his poor family.
    I've been in some plants (not dealing with acid) that had gigantic mixing tanks. It wouldn't be as hard as you think. The mixers were off the ones I was working by, but it still gave me the willy's just walking by looking down in them.
    "You can't out puke a buzzard"

I worked with a guy that spilled battery acid on his pants. He went and washed them off and didn't have any others so he wore them the rest of the day. When he stopped by the convenient store on his way home. He reached in his pocket for change and the whole front of his pants came off in his hand. The threads they used for sewing it with were not acid resistant like the material in the pants was. He could tell some good stories. One day on the way home a large German Shepard came and attacked his front tire, biting it hard enough to cause it to go flat immediately. He didn't change it until he had driven a mile from there on a flat.

Quote Originally Posted by mwshaw View Post
    One day on the way home a large German Shepard came and attacked his front tire, biting it hard enough to cause it to go flat immediately. He didn't change it until he had driven a mile from there on a flat.
    About 18 years ago I was delivering propane (bulk tanker truck) to an indian reservation and a pack of dogs ran to attack me.

I beat them to the truck and they chased the truck, biting at the tires.
    One actually bit the tire while it was moving and got rolled several times over.
    Came back and did it a couple more times...
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Airco 300 - Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

Que the OSHA investigation.......
    When i grow up i want to be a welder

PRIMEWELD TIG225ACDCP
    Millermatic 215
    Everlast PowerPlasma 50
    oxy/ac
    Not enough talent to use any of it very well