Klutch 150 Spool Gun Works On Harbor Freight Titanium Welders
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Klutch 150 Spool Gun Works On Harbor Freight Titanium Welders

I purchased the "spool gun ready" HF Titanium Unlimited 200 multi-process welder but HF has, as of this post, not offered an SG for it. The 160 spool gun that HF offers is for the Omni Pro series and has different connections. The Titanium welders have a unique 5 pin snap on trigger control connection which it seems you can only buy in China. In my research it seems that some of the new Klutch inverter welders share the same connection and other components as the HF Titanium welders. They may even have the same guts and be made in the same Chinese factory. Also the HIT 140 welder uses the same connections.

I ordered the Klutch 150 SG through Amazon although it seems to be sent by a Northern Tool subsidiary in North Carolina. Sure enough the trigger/SG motor power connection was exactly the same as the HF MIG gun connector. I connected it up, clicked in the gas line quick connector, put a wire spool in the SG, crossed my fingers and turned it on. It worked! Didn't short out the welder. Trigger clicked the gas regulator and spooled the wire. I ran about 15 minutes of test beads with some .030 gas wire adjusting the tension in the gun and the wire speed and voltage on the welder. I was satisfied that it worked pretty well but perhaps not quite as smooth as the MIG gun itself.

After finding the gun on the Klutch welders, I have had some buyer's remorse that I didn't buy an equivalent Klutch as they come with a 3 year warranty instead of 3 months and they come with that same spool gun included. The new Klutch MP220siDV has an LCD screen with smart setup features and is a more advanced welder than the Titanium 200 MP and, if you include the spool gun, is a bit cheaper than the HF welder + separate SG purchase.

Bottom line: If you need a spool gun for your HF Titanium, the Klutch 150 SG is 100% compatible. That goes for the MIG 140, MIG 170, and 200 MP. You can also buy the same gun for fitment with the HIT 140 welder.

Re: Klutch 150 Spool Gun Works On Harbor Freight Titanium Welders

That's funny, I almost have buyer's remorse in not waiting to get the Vulcan multiprocess welder (wasn't out when I bought my Klutch MP220). The Vulcan MP welder can use a foot pedal with the Tig, while the Klutch MP220 that I have does not have that option (unless its hidden inside). But I was also able to get it for much less, albeit, since it was a while ago, it does not come with the LCD screen.

Most spool guns are made to run aluminum. Some are made to run solid, fluxcore and aluminum. They come with different rollers and are adjustable tension.
    If you are trying to run solid wire or fluxcore in it you will need to get new rollers. That may be why its not welding the way it should.
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Sales and Repairs--Ebay store
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's

Quote Originally Posted by mechanic416 View Post
    Most spool guns are made to run aluminum. Some are made to run solid, fluxcore and aluminum. They come with different rollers and are adjustable tension.
    If you are trying to run solid wire or fluxcore in it you will need to get new rollers. That may be why its not welding the way it should.
    I have some aluminum wire, just didn't have any aluminum handy when I set it up so I threw in the .030. It fed ok after I adjusted it. I probably could set it better with a little study. My main concern when attaching the Klutch SG to my new HF titanium was that I would short something out when I turned it on, but it seems to be the SG that HF should be selling for those machines. Why not? It must be some sales or anti-competitive issue.

only 2 pins are used, so you were not in any danger of shorting anything.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

that's not right, sorry. I had trouble with the mig gun not working and it only used 2 pins. The spool gun probably uses 4 pins

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Yep, 2 pins for the trigger and 2 for DC power to the SG motor. Even so, I think you could dead short the DC circuit if it was wired incorrectly. Even though everything hooked up, I still had some apprehension of actually hitting the switch and perhaps seeing the magic smoke from my new welder.