Full size Magnifers 3M Speed Glas
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Full size Magnifers 3M Speed Glas

Is there any full size cheater lens for a Speed Glas 9100xxi other than the 2 1/4x 4 1/2 adapters version??

Re: Full size Magnifers 3M Speed Glas

No full size cheaters available for any helmet, just the standard size with adapter.

Amazon has some full lens Elvex safety glasses. (RX-500C-1.5). They work pretty good, but sure makes eyeballing square difficult unless you look under the lens.

Go to an ophthalmologist(not optometrist) and make some upside down bifocals with the close focus on top instead of bottom. Youll have to lean your head back to walk across the shop for a grinder but when the sparks fly and the hood is down you'll understand why they're upside down compared to an office boys. Ask him to set them at( reach your arms out and pretend you have a torch/electrode in a puddle---mine are 15-18 inches perfect x 4x)You'll be elated. You'll also be out $300 or so....maybe less up there ?

My optometrist made me a single vision prescription for close up work, focus at about 18". I sent that prescription to zennioptical.com and in two weeks I had my glasses which work perfectly. Cost $45. Including adjusting for astigmatism. That's the third pair I've gotten from them and all have been great.

I switch them with my regular trifocal ones when my hood goes on. But I still use a 2x cheater in addition.

Everything is a little blurry when I lift the hood but not so bad I can't function. If it gets worse I'll take that advice and have a pair made upside down - close on top, far on the bottom.

But at $45?? I can have a bunch made without worrying about it. Price varies depending on frame and what add ons you get. Under the hood no one sees you and you don't need fancy.
    Last edited by JD1; 03-27-2019 at 08:17 PM.