Money Not Spent
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Money Not Spent

Money Not Spent

I'm putting off replacing the kitchen sink faucet so I thought I'd put this out there.

I gotta current wish list.

Noga indicator holder

.7-6" bore gage (I'm considering an Igaging brand set, not Mitotoyo….they're really all comparators when you set them with a mic, so why spend huge bucks)

Noga, in the size I want is about $100. Igaging bore gage about the same bucks. Altogether $200

Well, luckily I haven't caved on the wish list. New faucet ran about $100. I now find out that I have to replace the motor bearings on the lathe....probably another C Note, which does not include new intermediate shaft bearings (we ARE at the point of considering some sorta legal action on this)

And this doesn't take into account the probable unforeseen things that are gonna require spending money.

So, I contented myself with purchasing a cast iron micrometer stand for $20 Name:  itsok.gif
Views: 725
Size:  1.3 KB

Sigh

Re: Money Not Spent

I hear ya. I'm feeling the same.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk
    Ryan

Miller Multimatic 200 tig/spool gun/wireless remote
    Millermatic 350P, Bernard/XR Python guns
    Miller Dynasty 350, Coolmate 3.5 & wireless remote
    CK WF1 TIG wire feeder
    Miller Spectrum 375 Xtreme
    Optrel e684
    Miller Digital Elite
    Miller Weld-Mask

Check out the accusize stuff. Pretty decent quality as far as import stuff goes. I have an I gauging digital height gauge that is pretty decent. As far as the noga, it's the one they try to copy.
    Miller xmt304, Miller S22 p12, Miier Maxstar SD, Miller 252 w 30A, Miller super32p12, Lincoln Ranger 9, Thermal Arc 181I with spoolgun, Hypertherm 10000 ,Smith torches. Esab 161lts miniarc.

Thanks, I was hoping somebody had some experience with the import stuff.

I bought a Delta. Supposedly the best out there

AND LOOK AT THIS BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Name:  faucet.JPG
Views: 663
Size:  118.8 KB

I looked at the ticket...…...I was wrong, it ran around 60 bucks......was the new shutoff valves, and pigtails that ran it up to a C Note. But REALLY!!!!!!!!!! They can't make faucets in the US anymore And I'll betcha I paid a tarrif on this B'std

WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED IF THIS POS NEEDS ALL NEW BEARINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’ve got Moen fixtures for bath and kitchen.
    Bought at the big box store.
    They’re the only ones I’ve found that are “made is USA” (not “designed in USA bs).
    Been happy so far.

Darryl

They all suck! I maintain rentals. I've tried all the names and prices, all junk now days.
    12v battery, jumper cables, and a 6013.
    I only have a facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/pages/VPT/244788508917829

I bought a Delta. Supposedly the best out there

Get that info at your local lathe selling place?

If you are talking best, at least get into the ballpark.

https://www.chicagofaucets.com/products
    Esab 2200i-TA34
    Esab 160i caddy
    Thermal Arc LM-200 Lincoln feeders
    Thermal Arc Pee-Wee 85s
    Thermal 60i (Beast)
    Klutch P-300i/ 120 volt Plasma.

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong!

Well Samm, sorry for your discovery but yesterday is gone. We are all so much smarter after the purchase, Moen would have probably been the better choice but, I've been in many new and older homes with Delta stuff and most seem to work just fine so if your lady is happy, enough said. Bob

i have a kraus kpf 1603 and love it.
    i.u.o.e. # 15
    queens, ny and sunny fla

you mean stuff is made in china? what rock have you been hiding under?
    get over it and get used to the idea of replacing instead of fixing.cheaper too!

I like Delta faucets, they have a lifetime warranty and are super easy and cheap to repair, as for rentals, I think I would go for the Delta copies.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC MIG/STICK/TIG
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
    We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream".
    RONALD REAGAN

Quote Originally Posted by VPT View Post
    They all suck! I maintain rentals. I've tried all the names and prices, all junk now days.
    I've found that Glacier Bay stuff to be pretty reliable. Just as much as the "real brands" but only 1/3 to 1/2 the price. Basically getting what you pay for as being the same qualityas the name brands for a reasonable price.

Ryan

Miller Multimatic 200 tig/spool gun/wireless remote
    Millermatic 350P, Bernard/XR Python guns
    Miller Dynasty 350, Coolmate 3.5 & wireless remote
    CK WF1 TIG wire feeder
    Miller Spectrum 375 Xtreme
    Optrel e684
    Miller Digital Elite
    Miller Weld-Mask

I've replaced a number of higher dollar deltas over the years, anyone have any experience with their warranty process? I just figured it was like everything else (empty sales promises) and bit the bullet for new ones every time.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBlues View Post
    I've replaced a number of higher dollar deltas over the years, anyone have any experience with their warranty process? I just figured it was like everything else (empty sales promises) and bit the bullet for new ones every time.
    Most of the time you just call them up and tell them what you have and they send out a new one no questions asked. I had a Kohler about 5 years old spring a leak on one of the braided supply lines THAT YOU CANNOT REPLACE. I called Kohler to find out what to do they said no worries we will send you a whole new $200 faucet and they did just that! Had a Danze about 5 or 6 years old, needed a part. Called them up and they don't make that model anymore and don't have the part so they sent me a whole new model free! I have also got free stuff from Price Pfister and American Standard for faucets and toilets, just call them up! I am pretty sure all the big names do it, Delta, Moen, Kohler, American Standard, Price Pfister etc.
    Last edited by bigb; 03-14-2019 at 10:55 PM.
    Miller Challenger 172
    Miller Thunderbolt AC/DC 225/150
    Miller Maxstar 150 STL
    Victor 100C
    Victor Journeyman
    Oxweld OA
    Harris O/A
    Smith O/A little torch

No, that's not my car.

Oh man, that hurts considering the amount i've spent on those things over the years! Good info though and glad to know!

Quote Originally Posted by xryan View Post
    I've found that Glacier Bay stuff to be pretty reliable. Just as much as the "real brands" but only 1/3 to 1/2 the price. Basically getting what you pay for as being the same qualityas the name brands for a reasonable price.

Glacier Bay is Home Depot's brand. I always thought of them as "throwaway" units but now I see they have parts for them. Still cannot bring myself to buy an item Home Depot brings into the market and raves over it when the real reason they do it is so they can have a bigger profit margin.
    Miller Challenger 172
    Miller Thunderbolt AC/DC 225/150
    Miller Maxstar 150 STL
    Victor 100C
    Victor Journeyman
    Oxweld OA
    Harris O/A
    Smith O/A little torch

No, that's not my car.

Might have to just start making our own? Stainless ball valves, some 1/8" wall stainless tube, simple and will work forever. $50 in materials.
    12v battery, jumper cables, and a 6013.
    I only have a facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/pages/VPT/244788508917829

Well, the $20 big buy came in

Name:  mic stand.JPG
Views: 433
Size:  136.7 KB

Pretty slick I always have trouble measuring telescoping gages......trying to hold the gage, and the mic, at the same time. This is gonna open up a whole new world of preeeeeeeeeeeeeecision metrology

Where oh where did you get that?

Sent from my LG-US601 using Tapatalk

Fleabay…….where else? https://www.ebay.com/itm/PRECISION-M...oAAMXQk-FREMwV I just couldn't pass it up Greatest thing since sliced bread Name:  tkqe4fh-smiley-two-thumbs-up175028_285604.gif
Views: 375
Size:  1.1 KB

Sent from my LG-US601 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Is that made in China too?

Quote Originally Posted by arcflash View Post
    Is that made in China too?
    You betcha, but so is this...……………………

https://www.grainger.com/product/MIT...er-Stand-4CGH2

So, which one ya gonna buy????????????????

And,,,,,,,,,,,,how about this one?????????????

http://www.starrett.com/metrology/product-detail/3206 Notice that it's a Starrett Global Series Wanna bet it's made somewhere other than the good ol' USA?

This is what I'm always bit###ing about

It's ALL made over there So why should I be a moron, and pay a money grabin' middle man...…...might as well get the cheap direct product. China made...……….I want the China price.

This stupid tariff thing goin' on now is a joke, and it's a bad joke on US(you and me). They're not gonna bring production back here, they're just gonna pass the cost along to the consumer.

When I replaced the kitchen faucet: Delta faucet made in China, Shark Bite fittings, and ball valve made in china, new seal rings for the drain pipes on the sink made in China. Gimme a choice, and I'll gladly take it...……...but there ain't no choice anymore
    Last edited by farmersammm; 03-17-2019 at 11:36 PM. Reason: added last two paragraphs

Check out how Ebay is going nowdays…………………………...Lot of stuff is sold DIRECT from China...……..they're cutting out the American middleman now. I have no sympathy for the US sellers...….they made real good profits for a long time, and now it's goin' away for them (shrug)

We took 5 head to Tulsa today. I'll be doing good to get around maybe $1.50-1.75/lb on those animals (400# feeder bulls). WHAT ARE YOU PAYING FOR THAT MEAT?? You're paying all the people between me, and yourself, when you go to the grocery store. In effect...….I'm same as the Chinese......I'm sellin' my labor for nothing, and don't have a stinkin' choice in the matter.

This is the cold hard reality. https://www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/ko_ls760.txt

Then I gotta pay yardage, and seller commission.

Only good part of the trip was eating at Carl's Junior on the way back, and K'kins got to do a bit of shopping.

Looks like your having a bad day all around. Next time I'm down that way I'll stop and buy you a beer.