Switch to everlast?
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Switch to everlast?

Hey everybody my name is jay and im new to the forum. I Pray im in the right spot for this since its everlast related. I have been using an eastwood 200 ac/dc which sadly bit the dust and is out of warranty. I would like to get an estimate of a few different options from everlast either a plasma, acdc tig, stick unit.

Or a acdc tig stick combo, and plasma cutter separate. Can anyone with first hand experience of the currently listed everlast Multi tig plasma units lend some general info to quality or any Pros and cons? Do you think I should go two different machines plasma and acdc tig welder separate. If so can you elaborate why. Once again if this is in the wrong place I apologize. I have done some research and searching but would like some real knowledge of owners of these units. Thanks for reading this if you took the time!!!

Re: Switch to everlast?

I have the PowerUltra 205p, since 2013(DC only Tig/stick/plasma), happy with it. Works as it should, just only DC Tig. Look into AHP products, that's where I got my AC TIG machine. Both brands (in my opinion) are good, AHP is less expensive, but just as good(again, my opinion)

Quote Originally Posted by throwncircles View Post
    Multi tig plasma units lend some general info to quality or any Pros and cons? Do you think I should go two different machines plasma and acdc tig welder separate.
    I like to keep my machines separate. If you use your machines to make money daily this is especially useful. The fact is that if say you TIG machine goes down you can switch to using your Mig or vice versa. This way you dont have to worry about the down time it will take to get your machine fixed. Stuff breaks, boards get fried. It happens.

If you use your machine for a hobby this isn't as big of a deal. But if you count on your machine to work for you everyday, having one machine to do everything for you might leave you stranded. Just my .02

Thanks for the input i appreciate it. I have come to the same conclusion as suggested. That i will buy two seperate units.

AHP has some great reviews and im considering them on the tig but there plasma cutters are out of my price range.

Maybe one of the everlast reps will see this and work with me on a little better price. If i buy both machines from them. If anyone knows whos the go to guy to talk to with them before i make a decision please let me know.

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

You can call me. I am at 877 755 9353 ext. 204.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Hey Oleg! I spoke with another gentleman at everlast off the main line I think mark, I was hoping to speak with you. When are you available? Monday? I’ve kinda been looking at technical responses to questions I’d appreciate the time to speak with you. I have a powermig I have a few questions about plus what I posted here. Let me know when I can reach out to you thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by throwncircles View Post
    Hey everybody my name is jay and im new to the forum. I Pray im in the right spot for this since its everlast related. I have been using an eastwood 200 ac/dc which sadly bit the dust and is out of warranty. I would like to get an estimate of a few different options from everlast either a plasma, acdc tig, stick unit.

Or a acdc tig stick combo, and plasma cutter separate. Can anyone with first hand experience of the currently listed everlast Multi tig plasma units lend some general info to quality or any Pros and cons? Do you think I should go two different machines plasma and acdc tig welder separate. If so can you elaborate why. Once again if this is in the wrong place I apologize. I have done some research and searching but would like some real knowledge of owners of these units. Thanks for reading this if you took the time!!!
    Spin the bottle, roll the dice, take your chances, I bought a MTS 252 and two of the machine functions crapped-out the first time, the HF and the AC TIG.
    It cost me $100.00 to ship to their repair facility, got the machine back with shipping damage because they did not repackage the machine well, the HF works again but the AC TIG still not working correctly and that was the reason I bought the machine, they wanted me to return the machine again and I laughed and said I'm not going through this again.

Quote Originally Posted by Twin2cs View Post
    Spin the bottle, roll the dice, take your chances, I bought a MTS 252 and two of the machine functions crapped-out the first time, the HF and the AC TIG.
    It cost me $100.00 to ship to their repair facility, got the machine back with shipping damage because they did not repackage the machine well, the HF works again but the AC TIG still not working correctly and that was the reason I bought the machine, they wanted me to return the machine again and I laughed and said I'm not going through this again.
    Really sorry for the crossed lines there. We don't charge shipping back if the repair center didn't do the job right. It's on us. And did you use the unit in the first 30 days? If it was the first time then shipping should have been covered as well.

But we will take care of it. In fact, Oleg asked me to pm you his private contact info and he'll handle it personally.

And you can call me again at ext 204.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

I'm going to go ahead and put his number here in case you don't get the pm notification.
    415 613 6664
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT