Convince me to buy an Everlast 255 EXT over a Lincoln 225 Precision Tig - Page 4
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 162
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    436

    Re: Convince me to buy an Everlast 255 EXT over a Lincoln 225 Precision Tig

    Quote Originally Posted by searcyfarms View Post
    One thing I will say is the us manufacturers are really pulling some funny business with the pitiful duty cycles on some of their inverters and small machines, the dynasty 280 for 7 grand and only 25% duty cycle, wtf. It's kind of like when the food companies started shrinking the contentents of ther packages but kept them looking the same so people wouldn't notice.
    ***********************

    CR

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    SoCal-LA
    Posts
    9,231

    Re: Convince me to buy an Everlast 255 EXT over a Lincoln 225 Precision Tig

    Quote Originally Posted by CrookedRoads View Post
    One thing I will say is the us manufacturers are really pulling some funny business with the pitiful duty cycles on some of their inverters and small machines, the dynasty 280 for 7 grand and only 25% duty cycle, wtf. It's kind of like when the food companies started shrinking the contentents of ther packages but kept them looking the same so people wouldn't notice.
    That is because the domestics underestimate the duty cycle for warranty and safety reasons. The professionals that use them know better. Last thing Miller needs is for one of their Dynastys to burn down a defense plant and get hit with the liability. Dang lawsuits are things most chineeser importers don't fret over. The imports tend to overestimate for marketing purposes. They all blow magic smoke sooner than later. But it is just a lot easier to repair a Dynasty under warranty than a mail order bride. It's all in the ROI. Even a $7k Dynasty brings ROI in at 6 months max. That is why professionals buy the best and maximize productivity.

    The best mig welders and engine drives are made by Lincoln.

    The best tig welders are made by Miller.

    The best Plasma cutters are made by Hypertherm.

    The best generators are made by Honda and Generac.
    Weld like a "WELDOR", not a wel-"DERR"
    MillerDynasty700DX,Dynasty350DX3ea,Dynasty200DX,Th ermalArc400GTSW,LincolnSW2002ea., MillerMatic350P,MillerMatic200w/spoolgun,MKCobraMig260,Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm1250,HFProTig4ea,MigMax1ea.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Posts
    4,919

    Re: Convince me to buy an Everlast 255 EXT over a Lincoln 225 Precision Tig

    Quote Originally Posted by shovelon View Post
    That is because the domestics underestimate the duty cycle for warranty and safety reasons. The professionals that use them know better. Last thing Miller needs is for one of their Dynastys to burn down a defense plant and get hit with the liability. Dang lawsuits are things most chineeser importers don't fret over. The imports tend to overestimate for marketing purposes. They all blow magic smoke sooner than later. But it is just a lot easier to repair a Dynasty under warranty than a mail order bride. It's all in the ROI. Even a $7k Dynasty brings ROI in at 6 months max. That is why professionals buy the best and maximize productivity.

    The best mig welders and engine drives are made by Lincoln.

    The best tig welders are made by Miller.

    The best Plasma cutters are made by Hypertherm.

    The best generators are made by Honda and Generac.
    I used to give you credit for knowing a lot. But the more you talk, the more you hang yourself with the rope you are given.

    The duty cycle is not regulated by the manufacturer as much as it is by the testing agency, such as UL or ETL, which test and confirm that these models do in fact meet duty cycle statements, either way. The units are tested by controlled, but harsh testing methods that have been developed across the years to make sure they hold up to the statements and are safe to operate at extremes. And to assume an importer doesn't fret over lawsuits...where is your proof? Wow. That's just an irresponsible statement there, designed to throw shade.

    As far as the rest, its opinion. I'd agree with some, disagree with others.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    central Wis.
    Posts
    4,237

    Re: Convince me to buy an Everlast 255 EXT over a Lincoln 225 Precision Tig

    Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    I used to give you credit for knowing a lot. But the more you talk, the more you hang yourself with the rope you are given.

    The duty cycle is not regulated by the manufacturer as much as it is by the testing agency, such as UL or ETL, which test and confirm that these models do in fact meet duty cycle statements, either way. The units are tested by controlled, but harsh testing methods that have been developed across the years to make sure they hold up to the statements and are safe to operate at extremes. And to assume an importer doesn't fret over lawsuits...where is your proof? Wow. That's just an irresponsible statement there, designed to throw shade.

    As far as the rest, its opinion. I'd agree with some, disagree with others.
    While I don't agree with shovelons opinion on Lincoln welders, he is probably correct on the duty cycle thing. Often times duty cycle is rated at different tempetures.
    Miller xmt304, Miller S22 p12, Miier Maxstar SD, Miller 252 w 30A, Miller super32p12, Lincoln Ranger 9, Thermal Arc 181I with spoolgun, Hypertherm 10000 ,Smith torches. Esab 161lts miniarc.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    512

    Re: Convince me to buy an Everlast 255 EXT over a Lincoln 225 Precision Tig

    Duty cycle?

    Dont these things shut down when they get hot? I think I payed for that option....
    ESAB Rebels 215/235, Hypertherm 85, 45xp, Miller 350p, Synchrowave 350 LX, Thermal Arc 185, Everlast 255EXT, TD 60i

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    270

    Re: Convince me to buy an Everlast 255 EXT over a Lincoln 225 Precision Tig

    I think the old idealarc round top was just a stamp on the case, i wonder if they really tested it at that ? 200 amps for 5 minutes out of 10 so 50% duty cycle. I dont think i could stand the heat coming off 200amps for 5 minutes nor find a Stick that would weld for 5 minutes solid at 200 amps maybe that was with a Tig unit and a wire running for 5 minutes.

    It never mentions how long you have to wait before firing it back up and running another 5 minutes but i know I would need to rest if I tried that especially if it was 90degrees out and i was sitting in the sun.

    Which brings me to another question What is the difference between ac tig and dc tig, can you only use one or the other for certain things?

    It mentions you can use an AC tig unit on the ole tombstone - something called a HI-FREQ unit that includes an RF Bypass Cap for protection.
    Lincoln AC 225 - S
    Lincoln Idealarc 250 ( 1980 )
    Oxy/Acet Victor Gauges/Purox Torch
    Hypertherm Powermax 800
    Miller Digital Elite US Flag

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Posts
    4,919

    Re: Convince me to buy an Everlast 255 EXT over a Lincoln 225 Precision Tig

    Quote Originally Posted by M J D View Post
    While I don't agree with shovelons opinion on Lincoln welders, he is probably correct on the duty cycle thing. Often times duty cycle is rated at different tempetures.
    Nope. 40 degrees C is the standard. When you conform to UL and ETL standards, 40 degrees C is the standard for all companies. Our products have always been at 40 C since I started with Everlast 11 years ago. That was one of the first things I checked on.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Posts
    4,919

    Re: Convince me to buy an Everlast 255 EXT over a Lincoln 225 Precision Tig

    Quote Originally Posted by Jawslandshark View Post
    Duty cycle?

    Dont the se things shut down when they get hot? I think I payed for that option....
    Ours do. They have a thermal cutout on the heat sink. The thing is that a lot of these older type machines from other companies that are oft glorified about duty cycle did not they'd just overheat and arc quality would gradually diminish or go awry , and over time the unit would gradually fade from routine overuse or the transformer would degrade or some part would suffer from it. No thermal cutout on many of those machines. Duty cycle was stated, and true for the temperature rating of the era, just often ignored.

    Interesting thing, the duty cycle temperature rating standard has actually risen. That's one reason you see older older Ideal arcs and Dial arcs with higher duty cycles than more modern versions. Old duty cycles were 60% and newer ones are 20% or so.
    Last edited by lugweld; 03-28-2019 at 09:49 AM.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Convince me to buy an Everlast 255 EXT over a Lincoln 225 Precision Tig

    Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    Ours do. They have a thermal cutout on the heat sink. The thing is that a lot of these older type machines from other companies that are oft glorified about duty cycle did not they'd just overheat and arc quality would gradually diminish or go awry , and over time the unit would gradually fade from routine overuse or the transformer would degrade or some part would suffer from it. No thermal cutout on many of those machines. Duty cycle was stated, and true for the temperature rating of the era, just often ignored.

    Interesting thing, the duty cycle temperature rating standard has actually risen. That's one reason you see older older Ideal arcs and Dial arcs with higher duty cycles than more modern versions. Old duty cycles were 60% and newer ones are 20% or so.
    This is good info Lugweld. I have often wondered about this. Do you know when this change happened?

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    SoCal-LA
    Posts
    9,231

    Re: Convince me to buy an Everlast 255 EXT over a Lincoln 225 Precision Tig

    Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    Ours do. They have a thermal cutout on the heat sink. The thing is that a lot of these older type machines from other companies that are oft glorified about duty cycle did not they'd just overheat and arc quality would gradually diminish or go awry , and over time the unit would gradually fade from routine overuse or the transformer would degrade or some part would suffer from it. No thermal cutout on many of those machines. Duty cycle was stated, and true for the temperature rating of the era, just often ignored.

    Interesting thing, the duty cycle temperature rating standard has actually risen. That's one reason you see older older Ideal arcs and Dial arcs with higher duty cycles than more modern versions. Old duty cycles were 60% and newer ones are 20% or so.
    Wait! What? They are supposed to shut off before they go POOF!

    How strict on the standards for the magic smoke you include with each machine?
    Weld like a "WELDOR", not a wel-"DERR"
    MillerDynasty700DX,Dynasty350DX3ea,Dynasty200DX,Th ermalArc400GTSW,LincolnSW2002ea., MillerMatic350P,MillerMatic200w/spoolgun,MKCobraMig260,Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm1250,HFProTig4ea,MigMax1ea.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Convince me to buy an Everlast 255 EXT over a Lincoln 225 Precision Tig

    Quote Originally Posted by shovelon View Post
    Wait! What? They are supposed to shut off before they go POOF!

    How strict on the standards for the magic smoke you include with each machine?
    Shovelon I have a lot of respect for you over all but I think you are letting your prejudice get in the way here. What he said makes perfect sense to me.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    SoCal-LA
    Posts
    9,231

    Re: Convince me to buy an Everlast 255 EXT over a Lincoln 225 Precision Tig

    Quote Originally Posted by thegary View Post
    Shovelon I have a lot of respect for you over all but I think you are letting your prejudice get in the way here. What he said makes perfect sense to me.
    Funny you say that. Let me try to explain. Most times Everlast topics get commandeered and dragged downstairs to the paid section and sterilized. Many of my comments are then never to be seen again. I do sometimes read the posts down there by mistake and laugh, but I never post a reply to them.

    With that said, I fart in your general direction.
    Weld like a "WELDOR", not a wel-"DERR"
    MillerDynasty700DX,Dynasty350DX3ea,Dynasty200DX,Th ermalArc400GTSW,LincolnSW2002ea., MillerMatic350P,MillerMatic200w/spoolgun,MKCobraMig260,Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm1250,HFProTig4ea,MigMax1ea.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    SoCal-LA
    Posts
    9,231

    Re: Convince me to buy an Everlast 255 EXT over a Lincoln 225 Precision Tig

    Quote Originally Posted by shovelon View Post
    Funny you say that. Let me try to explain. Most times Everlast topics get commandeered and dragged downstairs to the paid section and sterilized. Many of my comments are then never to be seen again. I do sometimes read the posts down there by mistake and laugh, but I never post a reply to them.

    With that said, I fart in your general direction.
    Like this one. Ha Ha!!!!!

    https://weldingweb.com/showthread.ph...32#post8677032
    Weld like a "WELDOR", not a wel-"DERR"
    MillerDynasty700DX,Dynasty350DX3ea,Dynasty200DX,Th ermalArc400GTSW,LincolnSW2002ea., MillerMatic350P,MillerMatic200w/spoolgun,MKCobraMig260,Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm1250,HFProTig4ea,MigMax1ea.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Convince me to buy an Everlast 255 EXT over a Lincoln 225 Precision Tig

    Quote Originally Posted by shovelon View Post
    I never said they were perfect. I have had my own problem with the owner there. Its been 3 years and some parts he told me he would send right out still are not here. I was just talking about the duty cycle of welders. My parts do not keep the welder from working so I never pushed the issue. Even if he had said I needed to pay for the parts I would have done that. I agree they have had issues in the past with repairs and even warranty stuff. I have never even called back about not getting my parts. I figure he knows he did not send them. I still purchased another welder from them because I do not expect them to be perfect and I can see where they might figure I had done something to cause the problem I had. I didn't but I can see how it could have been me. The parts I need probably cost less than $25 and would have purchased them if that is how they felt but he never said that and just said he would send them right out. I believe they are improving and will give them credit for the products they are putting out. I have talked to others that got very good personal service from them and I have most of the time myself but that was the only time I had a warranty issue. I do agree that their warranty service guys had a chip on their shoulder a few years ago. That showed through just by him getting the owner involved on a very minor warranty issue.
    I have had problems with Miller in the past also and lincoln for that matter and I can tell you one thing you will never get an owner on the phone at either of them.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    SoCal-LA
    Posts
    9,231

    Re: Convince me to buy an Everlast 255 EXT over a Lincoln 225 Precision Tig

    Quote Originally Posted by thegary View Post
    I never said they were perfect. I have had my own problem with the owner there. Its been 3 years and some parts he told me he would send right out still are not here. I was just talking about the duty cycle of welders. My parts do not keep the welder from working so I never pushed the issue. Even if he had said I needed to pay for the parts I would have done that. I agree they have had issues in the past with repairs and even warranty stuff. I have never even called back about not getting my parts. I figure he knows he did not send them. I still purchased another welder from them because I do not expect them to be perfect and I can see where they might figure I had done something to cause the problem I had. I didn't but I can see how it could have been me. The parts I need probably cost less than $25 and would have purchased them if that is how they felt but he never said that and just said he would send them right out. I believe they are improving and will give them credit for the products they are putting out. I have talked to others that got very good personal service from them and I have most of the time myself but that was the only time I had a warranty issue. I do agree that their warranty service guys had a chip on their shoulder a few years ago. That showed through just by him getting the owner involved on a very minor warranty issue.
    I have had problems with Miller in the past also and lincoln for that matter and I can tell you one thing you will never get an owner on the phone at either of them.
    I see your point. As a fab shop owner I do have special privilage when it comes to Miller electric. Although I have never spoken to Miller corporate officers, I do have the ear of technical support, the regional sales rep, and my LWS. On many occasion technical service has sent over rep to diagnose or teach me how to program the hidden screens. I even weld for the regional sales rep, demo machines, and troubleshoot difficult welding situations for his clients. I do this free of charge for both he and my LWS salesperson. So in exchange I get special treatment. When it comes to warranty repair usually I have someone at my doorstep the same day I call it in. They double check the issue and summons a pickup. Sometimes they solve the issue on the spot. If not I get my machine troubleshooted, repaired, and delivered back within 2 weeks or the LWS offers me a loaner to get me by. I always decline because I have backups. The last repair of an out of warranty Dynasty was in exchange for some consulting work I did for Miller. I have had similar experience with Hypertherm, which has the best customer service hands down.

    As said other times I have attended a few SoCal Weld-O-Ramas and people gather and bring their machines to tryout. I have brought my Dynastys. Others have brought plasma cutters, mig welders, stick welders, air-arc cutters, and we have dogs and drank beer while shooting the breeze. The brands I have got to try out were Hypertherm, Miller, Lincoln, Everlast, Longevity, HTP. MK, Go-Weld, Esab, Hobart, and others. The Everlast machines I welded with, one died after less than an hour. The other just had starting problems from the get-go. Nothing we could do could get them going before we all had to get back on the road for home.
    Weld like a "WELDOR", not a wel-"DERR"
    MillerDynasty700DX,Dynasty350DX3ea,Dynasty200DX,Th ermalArc400GTSW,LincolnSW2002ea., MillerMatic350P,MillerMatic200w/spoolgun,MKCobraMig260,Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm1250,HFProTig4ea,MigMax1ea.

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    270

    Re: Convince me to buy an Everlast 255 EXT over a Lincoln 225 Precision Tig

    just curious shovelon, how long ago was that weldorama that the everlast croaked and then had issues ? if more than 3 or 4 yrs i would hope they have improved on that and even if not, with a 5 yr wty i would not be too concerned provided they stood behind their product.

    I have been considering one of their units as the specs look better than miller/lincoln - not to mention price and wty - you do have a point regarding reliability especially when it was two for two - funny how people give these igbt welders a bad rap and whine about transformer this and transformer that but did you know your favorite Hypertherm Plasma cutters have been using them for over 20 yrs - dont hear too many bad mouthing hypertherm plasmas ;-)
    Lincoln AC 225 - S
    Lincoln Idealarc 250 ( 1980 )
    Oxy/Acet Victor Gauges/Purox Torch
    Hypertherm Powermax 800
    Miller Digital Elite US Flag

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Convince me to buy an Everlast 255 EXT over a Lincoln 225 Precision Tig

    Quote Originally Posted by searcyfarms View Post
    just curious shovelon, how long ago was that weldorama that the everlast croaked and then had issues ? if more than 3 or 4 yrs i would hope they have improved on that and even if not, with a 5 yr wty i would not be too concerned provided they stood behind their product.

    I have been considering one of their units as the specs look better than miller/lincoln - not to mention price and wty - you do have a point regarding reliability especially when it was two for two - funny how people give these igbt welders a bad rap and whine about transformer this and transformer that but did you know your favorite Hypertherm Plasma cutters have been using them for over 20 yrs - dont hear too many bad mouthing hypertherm plasmas ;-)
    I don't think shovelon has any problem with inverters. I think he has a problem with Everlast. I am sure Everlast was a little more than embarassed at the weldorama that it happened at. I guess what I do not understand is that shovelon did not drop any hard money on one and lose it. So I do not see why the grudge is still there.

    Have you ever tried to sell something that never gave you any trouble and it decided to screw up right when you had a cash buyer there. I am sure Everlast lost more than a few sales because of the problem but I also bet they made sure something like that does not happen again by improving their product . I wonder how many problems Miller and Lincoln had when they first started. The difference is anybody that knows is dead and it is forgotten. I can tell you first hand that not all of Millers products are without problems, the difference I see though is that Everlast gets after their problems faster than the big makers.

    as an example I will use a senerio that I know about first hand with a well known and revered product that many will swear by. My father in law used to sell tires for semi's. One brand he sold was Michelin . So I figured I would buy a few from him. He told me he was going to stop selling them because they would not honor their warranty replacements he had given to customers. I asked him how they justified not honoring this with one of their dealers. He told me that when he tried get them to reimburse him they just said they do not make any bad tires. Its not welding machines but the same kind of arogance is out there in the welding industry too.

    Miller and Lincoln do not deal directly with the end users of their products as a rule and are thus insulated from a lot of what Everlast deals with . I can assure you that Miller and Lincoln have had many dealers that have not treated their customers well and I will bet more than one is because Miller or Lincoln did not hold up their end. The difference is the dealer got the blame from the customer , not Lincoln or Miller.

    I am not trying to protect Everlast , I am just stating fact. They all have their problems and there are times that they all let a customer down. I believe Everlast needs improvement in some areas. I also believe Miller and Lincoln have area for improvement too. The biggest problem I have with Everlast is the dumb name they chose. I am sure it is here to stay now that they have many years and are getting name recognition and it would be expensive to change it but it just is such a dumb name its like a lot of these pills that are sold now like metabozeen or what ever that are trying to legitimize itself by association. I am sure everyone has seen the puns on it like Neverlast .
    Last edited by thegary; 03-28-2019 at 11:26 PM.

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Posts
    4,919

    Re: Convince me to buy an Everlast 255 EXT over a Lincoln 225 Precision Tig

    Quote Originally Posted by shovelon View Post
    Funny you say that. Let me try to explain. Most times Everlast topics get commandeered and dragged downstairs to the paid section and sterilized. Many of my comments are then never to be seen again. I do sometimes read the posts down there by mistake and laugh, but I never post a reply to them.

    With that said, I fart in your general direction.
    Again you are wrong. The forum mods do that. We don't ask or request that. And I don't tend to sterilize stuff. That may have happened 11 years ago, but only on rrare occasion do we edit anything anymore. Again, living in the past with old info, discrediting your reputation.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    SoCal-LA
    Posts
    9,231

    Re: Convince me to buy an Everlast 255 EXT over a Lincoln 225 Precision Tig

    Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    Again you are wrong. The forum mods do that. We don't ask or request that. And I don't tend to sterilize stuff. That may have happened 11 years ago, but only on rrare occasion do we edit anything anymore. Again, living in the past with old info, discrediting your reputation.
    Hmmm. I have only been here going on 9 years and the editing has been on going.

    For example;
    http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php...run-this-forum
    Last edited by shovelon; 03-29-2019 at 01:21 AM.
    Weld like a "WELDOR", not a wel-"DERR"
    MillerDynasty700DX,Dynasty350DX3ea,Dynasty200DX,Th ermalArc400GTSW,LincolnSW2002ea., MillerMatic350P,MillerMatic200w/spoolgun,MKCobraMig260,Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm1250,HFProTig4ea,MigMax1ea.

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,958

    Re: Convince me to buy an Everlast 255 EXT over a Lincoln 225 Precision Tig

    I think there are much better options then Generic Generators. Honda's are very good, but really never found them to work any better then a Yamaha.In fact the Yamaha's always seem to work better for me.. Might want to read up and figure out who's Inverter Patent that Honda has used in their Generators for many years.. (Yep Yamaha...) I will stick With My trusty MQ genny. Don't think you will see very many Generic genny's on the same playing field as MQ. I would take a Champion generator over any smaller Generic .
    Esab 2200i-TA34
    Esab 160i caddy
    Thermal Arc LM-200 Lincoln feeders
    Thermal Arc Pee-Wee 85s
    2-Thermal 60i- 3phase (Beast)
    Thermal 38XL
    Klutch P-300i/ 120 volt













    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong!

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Florida aka The Gunshine State :)
    Posts
    367

    Re: Convince me to buy an Everlast 255 EXT over a Lincoln 225 Precision Tig

    Quote Originally Posted by shovelon View Post
    Hmmm. I have only been here going on 9 years and the editing has been on going.

    For example;
    http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php...run-this-forum
    Well damn, that was an interesting read. Seems to shed some light on whats really going on.
    Last edited by bevis28; 03-29-2019 at 07:51 AM.
    When i grow up i want to be a welder

    PRIMEWELD TIG225ACDCP
    Millermatic 215
    Everlast PowerPlasma 50
    oxy/ac
    Not enough talent to use any of it very well

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    720

    Re: Convince me to buy an Everlast 255 EXT over a Lincoln 225 Precision Tig

    Quote Originally Posted by bevis28 View Post
    Well damn, that was an interesting read. Seems to shed some light on whats really going on.
    Yeah, sheds light on one cats hardon. So what? Never had anything like that happen to me including posting on the Everlast parent site.

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Florida aka The Gunshine State :)
    Posts
    367

    Re: Convince me to buy an Everlast 255 EXT over a Lincoln 225 Precision Tig

    Quote Originally Posted by Yofish View Post
    Yeah, sheds light on one cats hardon. So what? Never had anything like that happen to me including posting on the Everlast parent site.
    Not sure why you responded like that. I said it was an interesting read. I took out of it what i read.
    Its interesting how many people lash out at anything thats implied negative about everlast.
    i actually own one of their plasma cutters and have never had a problem with it.
    I DO have a problem with their customer relations and their public displays of unprofessionalism.
    I personally would NEVER buy another one of their products based solely on the companies self destruction of their public image.
    Im sure they have some solid products. I just would not do business with a company that publicly acts like a bunch of high school kids.
    Kind of like the Oleg / Simon, Jerry Springer episode displayed for all to see right here on WW. Thats some real professionalism right there.
    The great thing is that everyone gets to spend their money wherever they choose.
    When i grow up i want to be a welder

    PRIMEWELD TIG225ACDCP
    Millermatic 215
    Everlast PowerPlasma 50
    oxy/ac
    Not enough talent to use any of it very well

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Posts
    4,919

    Re: Convince me to buy an Everlast 255 EXT over a Lincoln 225 Precision Tig

    Quote Originally Posted by bevis28 View Post
    Not sure why you responded like that. I said it was an interesting read. I took out of it what i read.
    Its interesting how many people lash out at anything thats implied negative about everlast.
    i actually own one of their plasma cutters and have never had a problem with it.
    I DO have a problem with their customer relations and their public displays of unprofessionalism.
    I personally would NEVER buy another one of their products based solely on the companies self destruction of their public image.
    Im sure they have some solid products. I just would not do business with a company that publicly acts like a bunch of high school kids.
    Kind of like the Oleg / Simon, Jerry Springer episode displayed for all to see right here on WW. Thats some real professionalism right there.
    The great thing is that everyone gets to spend their money wherever they choose.
    Again going way back 11 years ago.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    270

    Re: Convince me to buy an Everlast 255 EXT over a Lincoln 225 Precision Tig

    i dont think anyone will talk anyone into anything since its not their money - id say find someone that has one of each and make arrangements to go and test them or have the manufacturer/dealer in your areas set you up with a demo and see what you think personally, there is nothing better.
    Lincoln AC 225 - S
    Lincoln Idealarc 250 ( 1980 )
    Oxy/Acet Victor Gauges/Purox Torch
    Hypertherm Powermax 800
    Miller Digital Elite US Flag

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
RSS | Home | Penton Media | Contact Us | Subscribe | For Advertisers | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement