Everlast multiprocess welders
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Everlast multiprocess welders

Has anyone had negative issues with Everlast multiprocess welders?

Re: Everlast multiprocess welders

Welcome! I haven't had any issues with them, but then again I don't have any! I have a little 175 amp multi process chinese welder and the electronics and construction seem to be top quality.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC MIG/STICK/TIG
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
    We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream".
    RONALD REAGAN

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

The MIG TIG Stick units or the TIG stick plasma?
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

I have had the MTS 211si for almost 3 years. Not one problem (except operator error sometimes). Have had a couple of reasons to call for guidance and got excellent help from Mark. Never had a reason to need repairs of any kind, so can't comment on that. Had an issue with a mis-shipment, but Oleg took care of that right away with no hassle. All machine functions perform as advertised. Wish the 221si had been available to get pulse function and others, but am glad I pulled the trigger when I did. Could not be more satisfied.

bought the MTS 211Si, Jan 16, 2017.....still works okay

hobby welder

some manufacturers cheap out of some functions..like arc

this everlast, has arc force, hot start, hot start time

used several older arc welders, did not have above junk...

very easy to stick weld with those functions...

like the Lincoln mig gun...better than everlast

wish it came with Ck tig torch....

my 2 cents

Charl

The MIG,TIG, stick machines.

Thanks Cavemann.

Thanks John.

Thanks xmmancharl.

Bought a Everlast MTS 251 MIG, DC TIG, stick machine for the company I work for, machine runs great, do mainly SS TIG mods and repairs on their commerical kitchen equipment.
    With confidence in Everlast I bought a MTS 252 MIG, DC TIG, AC TIG and stick machine for my shop, ran a bunch of structural welds on a job with no problems using stick, had a motor cradle build and switched to DC TIG, that's when the problems started, the HF started to degrade and finally quit, had to finish the job using the lift arc.
    The Everlast tech said it needed a new HF board, he wanted me to test the AC TIG to see if the HF was working in that mode. The AC TIG circuit was also defective, no HF, would not maintain an arc, lots of sooty deposits.
    Had to pay $100.00 to ship to their Tennessee facility for repairs using their UPS rate, got the machine back after thirty days, they did not repackage it well, the power plug was crushed, they sent a new one, the back panel was dented in and the machine had more scratches and chipped paint than it left with.
    The HF is working correctly now but the AC TIG still has a hiccup with arc stability and leaves contamination.
    After this experience confidence in Everlast has died, will go back to the Red and Blue machines as they have always served me well.
    Thanks for all your input, and I hope you all gave better luck than I did with Everlast.

I have the PowerPro 251 stick/TIG/plasma cut machine; after a period of non use in high humidity, my gas solenoid was stuck shut. it was a fairly simple fix. Another time, I forgot to turn my home made cooler on, and ran the TIG dry and cooked the gas line....my own fault, and an easy fix. Don't run a water cooled torch without coolant. It is a good machine for home shop use.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Shimanek View Post
    I have the PowerPro 251 stick/TIG/plasma cut machine; after a period of non use in high humidity, my gas solenoid was stuck shut. it was a fairly simple fix. Another time, I forgot to turn my home made cooler on, and ran the TIG dry and cooked the gas line....my own fault, and an easy fix. Don't run a water cooled torch without coolant. It is a good machine for home shop use.
    Hey Steve, I did the same with an ESAB HW20 water cooled torch, the power cabled line heated up and melted the PVC hose jacket when I forgot to turn on the cooling pump.I assumed that the fused Dinse connector would have prevented this but not so, PVC melts at 270 degrees and the fusable link melts at 500 degrees. The fused CK Worldwide 35mm Dinse connector I installed on the torch cable was a waste of money, must be designed to work with the flex power cable torches. Now before I step on that foot control if I don't hear that water cooler pump I remember all the s**t I went through to replace the power cable on the torch and get up to start the water cooler.