Homemade brake for 1/8th? - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Homemade brake for 1/8th?

I built a brake that will bend 3\8 plate with 2 bottle jacks on a home made press, 1\4 plate is like bending paper. It was built from scrap from a job years ago. I can post pics if you are interested, the design is very simple and easy to make.

Please do.
    Thanks,
    Russ
    RIP Mallory, we miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by kctgb View Post
    I built a brake that will bend 3\8 plate with 2 bottle jacks on a home made press, 1\4 plate is like bending paper. It was built from scrap from a job years ago. I can post pics if you are interested, the design is very simple and easy to make.
    I'd be interested in that as well

I was going to buy a habor freight metal brake to mod up last weekend with the 25% coupon but the lines were so crazy I didn't want to have to deal with waiting for an employee to bring it out from the warehouse. " These are the [brakes]! " - kurtis blow. Anyhow I'm Interested as well, thanks guys.
    Last edited by SlowBlues; 06-02-2019 at 04:43 PM.

Here's mine. It uses American-style press brake tooling so you can swap out the upper and lower dies for different configurations. I found some short chunks of 1" wide lower die and the corresponding upper on Craigslist and made the rest. The 1" wide vee is perfect for 1/8". I need to find some wider dies to allow bending thicker material. I wish I had a wider press than the HF 20 tonner...I can do approximately 16" wide material with this.

Name:  pressBrake.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  85.3 KB