Sensoring on the Forum
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sensoring on the Forum

Why is my post currently being blocked on the Everlast sponsored thread “2016 MTS 251”, I’m having a problem with an Everlast welder and wanted to inform people on the Forum and apparently I’m now being blocked from posting, what kind of sensoring is happening here?

Re: Sensoring on the Forum

As a moderator I don't do any sensoring due to machine complaints.

I don't read the Everlast nonsense. I don't have good things to say, so I stay out of the sponsored thread.
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Airco 300 - Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

The sponsored forums have been this way forever. Members do a get a brief time to see their negative post prior to the sponsor removing it. Why do you think there are all those positive comments ???? You complain, it's not shown or maybe briefly.
    Don't buy this import stuff . You import get the Vulcan from harbor freight where you can go to a brick and motor store. No shipping

Quote Originally Posted by Twin2cs View Post
    Why is my post currently being blocked on the Everlast sponsored thread “2016 MTS 251”, I’m having a problem with an Everlast welder and wanted to inform people on the Forum and apparently I’m now being blocked from posting, what kind of sensoring is happening here?
    You can not post anything negative about Everlast on their form or any Everlast sponsored forum. See you posted a positive yesterday and its still there.
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Sales and Repairs--Ebay store
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's

Not to put too sharp of a point on this, but you're referring to "Censoring".

censor
    [sen-ser]
    |
    noun
    an official who examines books, plays, news reports, motion pictures, radio and television programs, letters, cablegrams, etc., for the purpose of suppressing parts deemed objectionable on moral, political, military, or other grounds.
    any person who supervises the manners or morality of others.
    an adverse critic; faultfinder.
    (in the ancient Roman republic) either of two officials who kept the register or census of the citizens, awarded public contracts, and supervised manners and morals.
    Lincoln Precision TIG 185.
    Flex-Loc 150 torch.
    Super-Flex hose.
    Lincoln MIG 180.
    Victor Oxy/Act torch set.
    DeWalt Bandsaw with SWAG stand

Quote Originally Posted by WenValley View Post

censor
    [sen-ser]
    |
    noun
    an official who examines books, plays, news reports, motion pictures, radio and television programs, letters, cablegrams, etc., for the purpose of suppressing parts deemed objectionable on moral, political, military, or other grounds.
    (in the ancient Roman republic) either of two officials who kept the register or census of the citizens, awarded public contracts, and supervised manners and morals.
    I clicked on this thread to see what sensors are now used on this forum and where installed... heat sensor on the political thread or on some members that get fired up?
    Thunderbolt AC/DC
    330AB/P + Bernard cooler
    Syncrowave 250
    Oxy/Ace torch
    Dayton 160 MIG
    6CF pot with 185 compressor
    Too much big equipment
    Even more small tools

Quote Originally Posted by WenValley View Post

censor
    [sen-ser]
    |
    noun
    Thanks for correcting my misspelling, l’m a welder not an English professor.
    I though these Forums were designed to help others by informing them, helping others with problems. The reason I purchased an Everlast welder is because I really could not find any solid acumulative feedback on these welders, only positive feedback. Also I heard from an individual on the web that Everlast has been suppressing all negative feedback, I did not believe it until now, because I’am being suppressed. The post I tried to leave on the Everlast sponsored Forum last night was not negative with regards to Everlast I was trying to help a fellow welder with a 4” MIG spool adapter that I designed, build and have been using with the MTS 251 welder I purchased for the company I work for. The post was immediately blocked. I was actually done ragging on Everlast because I figured they would probably take some type of action against me.
    I always bought blue and still have machines over twenty years of age, I’am diffinitely done with Everlast.

I though these Forums were designed to help others by informing them, helping others with problems. The reason I purchased an Everlast welder is because I really could not find any solid acumulative feedback on these welders, only positive feedback. Also I heard from an individual on the web that Everlast has been suppressing all negative feedback, I did not believe it until now, because I’am being suppressed. The post I tried to leave on the Everlast sponsored Forum last night was not negative with regards to Everlast I was trying to help a fellow welder with a 4” MIG spool adapter that I designed, build and have been using with the MTS 251 welder I purchased for the company I work for. The post was immediately blocked. I was actually done ragging on Everlast because I figured they would probably take some type of action against me.
    I always bought blue and still have machines over twenty years of age, I’am diffinitely done with Everlast.
    well you just learned the hard way about buying chinesium junk from a scam seller...buy lincoln or miller and the vulcan line from harbor freight all those have real support and brick and mortar stores to bring them back for warranty and repairs....if you already have good experience with miller why in the world would you buy junk? no savings if at any price it doesnt work...
    im sure lugnut will be by soon to make more false claims about neverlast....and he wonders why people bash his crap...

As for censoring, I think facebook and twitter took lessons from neverlast!!
    Mike
    Ol' Stonebreaker
    "Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes"
    Hobart G-213 portable
    Miller 175 mig
    Miller thunderbolt ac/dc stick
    Victor O/A setup
    Makita chop saw

Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    The sponsored forums have been this way forever. Members do a get a brief time to see their negative post prior to the sponsor removing it. Why do you think there are all those positive comments ???? You complain, it's not shown or maybe briefly.
    Don't buy this import stuff . You import get the Vulcan from harbor freight where you can go to a brick and motor store. No shipping
    Thanks for an honest answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbytime View Post
    well you just learned the hard way about buying chinesium junk from a scam seller...buy lincoln or miller and the vulcan line from harbor freight all those have real support and brick and mortar stores to bring them back for warranty and repairs....if you already have good experience with miller why in the world would you buy junk? no savings if at any price it doesnt work...
    im sure lugnut will be by soon to make more false claims about neverlast....and he wonders why people bash his crap...
    Thanks Hobbytime, your absolutely RIGHT.

Well, at least in the main forum you won't have your post or thread deleted for being negative on Everlast.
    I have a long memory for all the people that got screwed over years ago by them and partner Longevity.
    No matter how "good" their machines get, I'll never recommend them based on that fact.
    AHP is also a partner in this. Started by the Everlast guy.
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Airco 300 - Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbytime View Post
    While i understand your post bashing the neverlast's way of doing business and their horrible unsupported customer service,
    need i point out that every new inverter welder on the market has chinese components in them ? So you are correct to
    compile miller. lincoln and harbor freight vulcan in the same sentence. Lets not forget that harbor freight is the poster child
    for chinesium products. Im not bashing HF because i have plenty of their stuff that i use but lets call a spade a spade.
    When i grow up i want to be a welder

PRIMEWELD TIG225ACDCP
    Millermatic 215
    Everlast PowerPlasma 50
    oxy/ac
    Not enough talent to use any of it very well

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaDave View Post
    Well, at least in the main forum you won't have your post or thread deleted for being negative on Everlast.
    I have a long memory for all the people that got screwed over years ago by them and partner Longevity.
    No matter how "good" their machines get, I'll never recommend them based on that fact.
    AHP is also a partner in this. Started by the Everlast guy.
    I think the people that were on here at that time are probably PTSD about even hearing their names.
    I would never recommend them.

Quote Originally Posted by bevis28 View Post
    While i understand your post bashing the neverlast's way of doing business and their horrible unsupported customer service,
    need i point out that every new inverter welder on the market has chinese components in them ? So you are correct to
    compile miller. lincoln and harbor freight vulcan in the same sentence. Lets not forget that harbor freight is the poster child
    for chinesium products. Im not bashing HF because i have plenty of their stuff that i use but lets call a spade a spade.
    you are correct almost everything has chinesium parts, but I will say miller and lincoln have a higher quality of chinesium parts going into their equipment backed by real warranties and tech support, so you are not comparing apples to apples with neverlast..and harbor freight vulcan line from the start has shown a quality unit with a 1 year no questions asked return policy..again nothing comparable to neverlast junk...and all the problems from neverlast for how many years from the past....so a spade is not a spade in this case....miller and lincoln the best..harbor freight behind that and at the bottom of the pail..neverlast boat anchors....lets see if neverlast is around in 5-10 or 20 years..how long has miller and lincoln been producing welders..well over 60 plus years....and many of their old welders still going strong..
    Last edited by Hobbytime; 03-31-2019 at 03:51 PM.

Thanks everyone for your input on this issue, now I know more about neverlast and I could kick myself for stepping in that s**t pile.

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

Twin2Cs.
    No one has censored you. No posts have been deleted of yours. If you can't post, it's for some other reason. The mods can see what was edited if they are signed in. Any honest mod can take a look and see those posts on our forum and tell if they've been tinkered with. They haven't.

I believe you've already been told that we would help you anyway we can through multiple avenues. And that you shouldn't have to pay for what happened or charged shipping...no one should or does if your statement is correct about what happened. It's on us, and we've tried to contact you through this forum about it by posting a reply. We don't know who Twin2Cs is so we can't look you up to help.

I see you that you did post in that thread. You were asked to call in with your issue, even with personal contact info and we'd make sure it was taken care and fast track it the way it should have been from the beginning. I pm'd you in fact when you posted about the problem with your unit and you didn't even bother to reply. If you don't want help, that's one thing. But to say we haven't tried or are trying to block you from posting, that is untrue and to even further going around and spamming multiple threads is even another matter entirely.

As far as Hobbytime's statement above...no we use name brand, high end parts in our welders. The statement is really what has been repeated since 2004. 5 to 10 to 20 years? It points to willful ignorance and dishonesty by detractors. We survived, 5, 10, and 15 years and now more. Stronger every day and in more markets than you can believe. Distribution on 6 continents.

The strange thing is that we cannot block or ban users, or at least I can't or don't know how. Our mod privileges do no not extend that far. But the regular, more powerful mods don't want to explain that or clear up the matter or be transparent about the issue either apparently.
    Last edited by lugweld; 04-01-2019 at 12:03 PM.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Any post that has been censored or deleted shows up to the moderator. There is a notification. If the user deletes his own post, say a double post or something, that shows up as a deleted post/thread too. We rarely edit or delete any comments unless it is spam or someone just trying to dump on the forum with no real history with us.

But I guess since no one else is going to go I'll show and prove to you that what I have said is true, I'll have to do it myself. Here, you can see one thread that had one post deleted a while back. But your threads and many more have never been touched. Deleted threads show up regular under a mods sign in too. They look just the same with a notification that it was deleted and a check box option to undelete a thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

lugweld, a deleted, but not removed, post or thread will still show up to moderators.

Deleted and removed is gone, they will not show up.
    Dave J.

Airco 300 - Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc

We don't have the power to remove a thread. We can delete, but we can't remove. That's up to you boys(girls?). Our power is much more limited than people imagine. If I have the power to permanently delete a thread, I sure don't remember how.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

So... 2 cents here... I have, in my opinion been burned bad by the " Blue" company... was pi$$ed off for about a year but now just aggravated with them.. I decided to give Everlast a shot and bought the Supercut 51P and the 200DV welder... So far both have been working great and as advertised! .. I did damage the 51P.. it was my fault and lugweld spent about 30 - 40 min. on the phone while I went through the troubleshooting... I bought the replacement parts ..a week later they arrived and I installed... The machine works as advertised and I am very happy with it!
    To be honest, I am a semi retired fabricator.. I don't run a 24x7 shop some my welders are used about 20 hours a week. For me, they work great! ... full time job shop..? .. you will have to ask someone that does that.

Have a great night!
    Kell
    Kell in Florida

Everlast Powertig 200
    Everlast Supercut 51P Plasma

Several vintage Idealarc 250 Round Tops
    Miller Dialarc 250 AC/DC - circa 1976

"I don’t care that they stole my idea … I care that they don’t have any of their own."

Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    We don't have the power to remove a thread. We can delete, but we can't remove. That's up to you boys(girls?). Our power is much more limited than people imagine. If I have the power to permanently delete a thread, I sure don't remember how.
    Everything I stated on this Forum is true.
    Only way to correct this mess is to return this defective machine and issue a full refund, I do not want anything Everlast...............................

Everything I stated on this Forum is true.
    Only way to correct this mess is to return this defective machine and issue a full refund, I do not want anything Everlast...............................
    And did you reply to my message or contact Oleg to ask about it?
    And did you get your post through? What does it tell you? And you've never stated your problem with it publicly.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Twin2CS

2016 welder?
    Let me impart knowledge to you. You now have the attention of everyone.
    This spotlight has given you leverage!

My 2 Millers have both been in the shop for repair and the Miller warranty is shorter than the Everlast!!
    Should I demand a refund from Miller? (The Everlast and Primeweld have never missed a beat)

Hell, better yet, my Chevy pick-up has 2 factory recalls, I got tired of F'ing with Chevy and fixed one myself for $377.
    Do you think I can get a refund? I'm all in for that!

We all know about the Everlast's rep, honestly some is warranted and some is bleed over from their previous sins!
    (So Marky I think you guys realize you have to give above excellent customer service to get the pendulum to swing back to the middle)

Now 2cs state your welder's problem and leverage your way into getting it repaired!

No company is giving you a full refund for a 2016 model of anything, GET REAL!

WAIT A MINUTE, IS YOUR MACHINE BROKEN OR ARE YOU WHINING ABOUT SOME ADAPTER YOU BUILT AND ADAPTING IT TO THE EVERLAST?