They call them "R-Tech" in the UK - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

Re: They call them "R-Tech" in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by metalman21 View Post
    None of that makes any sense to me. You are stating R-tech is an out dated, not as good version of a design Everlast developed and are made in a factory owned and controlled by Everlast? Why wouldn't that place in England simply be a dealer selling the same green machines as the rest of the Everlast market? Why the negative competition? Despite the smaller geographic area the R-tech warrantee policy doesn't present their customers much risk other than not having the use of the machine while being repaired. To me that says they think the equipment is reliable and will work as advertised but if there is a problem they will make it right. The Everlast policy seems to be more of a risk, take a chance kind of deal. If Everlast had multiple service centers, such that shipping costs would be reduced, would they have a better warrantee policy and cover the shipping like R-tech? It is being offered already in this country by others in one fashion or another on models that when compared for function sell for quite a bit less and I believe are some of your market competitors.
    We've actually done that in some markets. But like I said, R-tech and Everlast started manufacture in the same factory about the same time. At one time they had dropped a lot of our factory products, and started mixing in other products but once they saw the development in the factory and products and had problems with their new product, they got back in. And yes, if you know our former product from our company, you will see much older product we left behind in 2011-2013. Yes, you may ask why not make it green? Well we also have the capability and development to private label and split brands. Really, though, I doubt anything we'd say or answer wouldn't lead to another string of disbelief or barrage of questions or insults. But when you are prejudiced against something like a company or a person, nothing makes sense, and you often get left in the dust or stepped over and left to your own inner lashing out over and over while the world and object of your prejudice has passed you by and moved on sooooo far on by.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    If you compare potentiomers side by side, the mexican built one that SSC uses has a more gritty feel and is 1 million cycle with less degrees of rotation. Less degrees makes it less sensitive and less feel. Although a good welder can adapt, and without a reference would feel it is pretty good. But when you compare side by side in a blind test, the one with more rotation would feel more responsive. The Japanese potentiometer of the NOVA has nothing to do with skinny-ness. The potentiomer is smoother and is rated for 2 million cycles. While SSC claims to be built in the US, there is very little of it built in the US. Very little of it from what I can tell as I have one too.
    There are twice as many windings in your potentiometer to achieve the same results. Therefore the wires are smaller in diameter! And I bet dollars to doughnuts the sweep is the same width. So who give a rip if the resolution potential is doubled if the sweep is the same? Sounds to me like a cheaper small winding diameter excuse for a component. Rule of thumb for electronics design is to use the largest windings possible to get the job done, Nice going counterfeiting a cheap knockoff of a proven design.
    Weld like a "WELDOR", not a wel-"DERR"
    MillerDynasty700DX,Dynasty350DX3ea,Dynasty200DX,Th ermalArc400GTSW,LincolnSW2002ea., MillerMatic350P,MillerMatic200w/spoolgun,MKCobraMig260,Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm1250,HFProTig4ea,MigMax1ea.

We've actually done that in some markets. But like I said, R-tech and Everlast started manufacture in the same factory about the same time. At one time they had dropped a lot of our factory products, and started mixing in other products but once they saw the development in the factory and products and had problems with their new product, they got back in. And yes, if you know our former product from our company, you will see much older product we left behind in 2011-2013. Yes, you may ask why not make it green? Well we also have the capability and development to private label and split brands. Really, though, I doubt anything we'd say or answer wouldn't lead to another string of disbelief or barrage of questions or insults. But when you are prejudiced against something like a company or a person, nothing makes sense, and you often get left in the dust or stepped over and left to your own inner lashing out over and over while the world and object of your prejudice has passed you by and moved on sooooo far on by.
    But when you are prejudiced against something like a company or a person, nothing makes sense, and you often get left in the dust or stepped over and left to your own inner lashing out over and over while the world and object of your prejudice has passed you by and moved on sooooo far on by.

I think the above statement is directed at me. Wow! Ask some questions and get accused of being prejudiced against you or your company?
    And sorry, you are the one here who is lashing out over and over on multiple threads.
    It's not clear what your function is at Everlast but I hope one of the jobs is not public relations . Now I understand what all the negative posts about Everlast, and you are about.
    If anyone is going to get left in the dust it will be Everlast and especially you. Now I will move sooooo far on .
    Ernie F.

Maybe I'm reading all the input wrong but its sounding like, if you read between the lines,
    that R-tech is indeed a sub underling of the everlast product line and most likely owned and ran,
    behind some smoke and mirrors, by the same company that runs everlast/ahp .
    When i grow up i want to be a welder

PRIMEWELD TIG225ACDCP
    Millermatic 215
    Everlast PowerPlasma 50
    oxy/ac
    Not enough talent to use any of it very well

Quote Originally Posted by shovelon View Post
    There are twice as many windings in your potentiometer to achieve the same results. Therefore the wires are smaller in diameter! And I bet dollars to doughnuts the sweep is the same width. So who give a rip if the resolution potential is doubled if the sweep is the same? Sounds to me like a cheaper small winding diameter excuse for a component. Rule of thumb for electronics design is to use the largest windings possible to get the job done, Nice going counterfeiting a cheap knockoff of a proven design.
    No, it has more rotational angle.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Quote Originally Posted by bevis28 View Post
    Maybe I'm reading all the input wrong but its sounding like, if you read between the lines,
    that R-tech is indeed a sub underling of the everlast product line and most likely owned and ran,
    behind some smoke and mirrors, by the same company that runs everlast/ahp .
    Entirely possible, but then I would have expected them to carry essentially the same lines, minus those that are specific to US power requirements. I.e. I didn't see the newer AC/DC mig/tig/stick welders which would be just as unique over there as it is in the 'States. That kind of points to potentially Everlast having multiple suppliers and R-tech only buys from one of them. Just a guess, I am completely neutral in this.

No, it has more rotational angle.
    So what I think you mean is that the Nova pot turns farther? Does that mean the pedal has more stroke for a wider ohm range?
    MillerDynasty700DX,Dynasty350DX3ea,Dynasty200DX,Th ermalArc400GTSW,LincolnSW2002ea., MillerMatic350P,MillerMatic200w/spoolgun,MKCobraMig260,Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm1250,HFProTig4ea,MigMax1ea.

So what I think you mean is that the Nova pot turns farther? Does that mean the pedal has more stroke for a wider ohm range?
    id also like to know the answer to this question please as I'm in the market for a pedal

PRIMEWELD TIG225ACDCP
    Millermatic 215
    Everlast PowerPlasma 50
    oxy/ac

No, the ohm range is the same. It means the potentiometer rotates more degrees around for the same ohm value. If I recall correctly, it is something like 220 degrees versus 270. 50 degrees or so extra rotation. Yes, that does mean the pedal has a bit more travel, but it means the amps go up and down in a more incremental, controlled fashion. But I don't think the travel translates to a lot more though as the gearing can be changed as well. It doesn't have anything to do with the wires being reduced in size to fit more resolution in the same degree of rotation.

And it comes in this Snazzy little box with a 2 year warranty.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by lugweld; 04-05-2019 at 10:27 PM.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Now if the pot has a bigger radius of travel, then does the pedal have more stroke to use it? If the pedal does not have more stroke, then there is a larger ohm difference per millimeter of pedal stroke. And if the stroke is the same (because of what I see your offshore factory counterfeited the internals exactly) then is there part of the pot going unused?

Also I don't get the need for those caps on the pot. Are they needed because the small windings are more sensitive to RF interference?

Both have the same measurements

8 1/2" Long
    5 7/16" Wide
    5 7/16" Front to pivot pin
    .300 Cable
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Sales and Repairs--Ebay store
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's

More pictures

Well then lets try thisName:  20190406_105536.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  92.6 KBName:  20190406_105455.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  113.2 KBa few more
    Last edited by mechanic416; 04-06-2019 at 11:51 AM.

I tried to purchase a Nova pedal twice but was always out of stock, ended up getting another SSC. I spend a lot of time on aluminum tig and definitely wanted to try one out. I am always looking for minor improvements anywhere I can. Would be nice if there was somebody using the Nova that thought it had better fine tuning over the SSC with this pot?
    ESAB Rebels 215/235, Hypertherm 85, 45xp, Miller 350p, Synchrowave 350 LX, Thermal Arc 185, Everlast 255EXT, TD 60i

I only posted the pictures because I have both pedals. I use the Nova, SSC and stock pedal on my AHP and Primeweld I really can't see any difference all three work very well. I guess its all in what your use to using.

No, the ohm range is the same. It means the potentiometer rotates more degrees around for the same ohm value. If I recall correctly, it is something like 220 degrees versus 270. 50 degrees or so extra rotation. Yes, that does mean the pedal has a bit more travel, but it means the amps go up and down in a more incremental, controlled fashion. But I don't think the travel translates to a lot more though as the gearing can be changed as well. It doesn't have anything to do with the wires being reduced in size to fit more resolution in the same degree of rotation.

And it comes in this Snazzy little box with a 2 year warranty.

so are you saying it has a wider resolution for the same resistance as opposed to the sac pedal ?

PRIMEWELD TIG225ACDCP
    Millermatic 215
    Everlast PowerPlasma 50
    oxy/ac

Quote Originally Posted by mechanic416 View Post
    Both have the same measurements

8 1/2" Long
    5 7/16" Wide
    5 7/16" Front to pivot pin
    .300 Cable
    thanks for posting these pics. it looks like a 1 to 1 knockoff of the SSC for $60 less

PRIMEWELD TIG225ACDCP
    Millermatic 215
    Everlast PowerPlasma 50
    oxy/ac

In a more layman's term it spreads the same amount of ohms out over a larger distance.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

In a more layman's term it spreads the same amount of ohms out over a larger distance.
    so, is this like a 10 turn pot with a longer throw that creates better resolution ?

PRIMEWELD TIG225ACDCP
    Millermatic 215
    Everlast PowerPlasma 50
    oxy/ac

The point of having more rotational angle if gearing is the same to provide better resolution.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

The point of having more rotational angle if gearing is the same to provide better resolution.
    More resolution, same gearing, less range?

This pedal thing has got my interest. So I took them apart again and did some checking. So they both have the same gearing, they both rotate about 300 degrees (they will rotate a little more but you don't want them bottoming completely out on a pedal) and they both read about 987 at fully depressed. Now it would take a lot better equipment and meters then I have to brake this down to get finer readings but I really cant see any differences in them and as a foot pedal even if there was a finer swing reading you would never see it or feel it. So other then the pot being made (maybe) a little better on the Nova pedal I can't see any difference under my foot.

This pedal thing has got my interest. So I took them apart again and did some checking. So they both have the same gearing, they both rotate about 300 degrees (they will rotate a little more but you don't want them bottoming completely out on a pedal) and they both read about 987 at fully depressed. Now it would take a lot better equipment and meters then I have to brake this down to get finer readings but I really cant see any differences in them and as a foot pedal even if there was a finer swing reading you would never see it or feel it. So other then the pot being made (maybe) a little better on the Nova pedal I can't see any difference under my foot.
    Thanks George. That is what I was surmising as well. Do you have any idea why the caps were added?

Thanks George. That is what I was surmising as well. Do you have any idea why the caps were added?
    I really don't know why they put them there. I see this a lot on chinese built welders, plasma cutters and electronic stuff.

I really don't know why they put them there. I see this a lot on chinese built welders, plasma cutters and electronic stuff.
    My best guess is that pot is sensitive to RF spikes and the erroneous resistance values encured.