Heliarc 250hf Manual
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Heliarc 250hf Manual

Looking for a manual for a L_tec or ESAB Heliarc 250 hp. There's a link on one of the post in this ESAB Forum, I think something about "HF starting" but I couldn't get it to work. It is around a year old. Where's the best place to look for parts or service for these older machines? Thanks for any help.

Re: Heliarc 250hf Manual

Quote Originally Posted by jlmclean View Post
    Looking for a manual for a L_tec or ESAB Heliarc 250 hp. There's a link on one of the post in this ESAB Forum, I think something about "HF starting" but I couldn't get it to work. It is around a year old. Where's the best place to look for parts or service for these older machines? Thanks for any help.
    Get a picture. I don't recognize the model.
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

There are some real good pictures and information on the Heliarc 250hf (not hp, guess it may be high performance, HaHa) in the post
    "L-Tec Heliarc 250HF High Frequency Start Problem" about midway down in the ESAB Forum. I don't have the machine yet. Thinking seriously about buying it. I know it's an older machine but I have a Migmaster 250 and love it and this should be just as good a machine.

Quote Originally Posted by jlmclean View Post
    There are some real good pictures and information on the Heliarc 250hf (not hp, guess it may be high performance, HaHa) in the post
    "L-Tec Heliarc 250HF High Frequency Start Problem" about midway down in the ESAB Forum. I don't have the machine yet. Thinking seriously about buying it. I know it's an older machine but I have a Migmaster 250 and love it and this should be just as good a machine.
    Is it transformer based sine wave, 60HZ, 50/50 balance? If that old, these things make great steel welders, they lack features I want for aluminum.

Heliarc is a term I don't hear often these days. It came from a time when helium was a practical shielding gas. Helium enhances the behavior of any TIG welder, but only Donald Trump can afford it. Argon is the soup of the day. Some of the later technology, most specifically square wave improve aluminum welding with argon.
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

Name:  L-Tec.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  51.4 KB
    Here's a picture of it, It says Square Wave on it where the name is at.

So beautiful. I need an ice pack