editing comments
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

editing comments

It's happened a few times where my final edited comment has not reached the screen, but an unfinished being edited version of the comment has.

Is there a limit on how long a comment can be?
    I've been everywhere but the electric chair, seen everything but the wind...the only two things I can't weld is the crack of dawn and a broken heart!

Re: editing comments

yes but im not sure how long but its not longer than an hour or so...you asked once before but no actual answer was given, maybe this time it will..lol..
    https://weldingweb.com/showthread.ph...t+editing+time
    Last edited by Hobbytime; 04-15-2019 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbytime View Post
    yes but im not sure how long but its not longer than an hour or so...you asked once before but no actual answer was given, maybe this time it will..lol..
    https://weldingweb.com/showthread.ph...t+editing+time
    It's a pain in the azz to re-edit a comment once it's been posted, I'll have to remember not to let a comment sit for too long. Thanks, Hobby.
    I've been everywhere but the electric chair, seen everything but the wind...the only two things I can't weld is the crack of dawn and a broken heart!

Quote Originally Posted by tackit View Post
    It's a pain in the azz to re-edit a comment once it's been posted, I'll have to remember not to let a comment sit for too long. Thanks, Hobby.
    I make a post and reread it right away and edit if needed within 10 to 15 minutes...just hit the edit button before it goes away...

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbytime View Post
    I make a post and reread it right away and edit if needed within 10 to 15 minutes...just hit the edit button before it goes away...
    Yep. My login times out but does not tell me until it is too late. So before hitting send I copy.
    Weld like a "WELDOR", not a wel-"DERR"
    MillerDynasty700DX,Dynasty350DX3ea,Dynasty200DX,Th ermalArc400GTSW,LincolnSW2002ea., MillerMatic350P,MillerMatic200w/spoolgun,MKCobraMig260,Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm1250,HFProTig4ea,MigMax1ea.

i think its an hour flat, then you cant edit anymore. i think it used to be 90 min along time ago. i edit alot. i find it easier to rough it in, then re read it myself, and fix it. the problem i have here, is , if i write a long post, and take about more than 20 min or so, then i go to click to post the post, the whole post of dissapears, and everything i just wrote dissapears. i cant figure that one out. thats another reason why i try to hurry through it, and then edit it after its live
    Last edited by 123weld; 04-15-2019 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 123weld View Post
    i think its an hour flat, then you cant edit anymore. i think it used to be 90 min along time ago. i edit alot. i find it easier to rough it in, then re read it myself, and fix it. the problem i have here, is , if i write a long post, and take about more than 20 min or so, then i go to click to post the post, the whole post of dissapears, and everything i just wrote dissapears. i cant figure that one out. thats another reason why i try to hurry through it, and then edit it after its live
    It is timing out on you. When I have something that is going to take some time to type I either do like was already mentioned and copy before I hit post or if I know for sure it is going to time out I will type it in word or notepad and then copy and paste it to a post.

jrw159

thanks jrw, i dont understand what your saying, but i got someone that will, next time they come over