Easy fast way to get pipe fence rail installed
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Easy fast way to get pipe fence rail installed

Made these little gadgets. I wanted fast, adjustable, repeatable, easily removable, and cheap. Just some allthread and perforated flat strap. No helper needed!

═══════════════════════════════════════════

Re: Easy fast way to get pipe fence rail installed

Good technique but i was taught a bit different, with two 45 degree slices on two opposing corners, cutting about 1/3rd the diameter off when looking down from the top, you are left with a pretty close fishmouth. Really easy cut and minimal blade wear. Easy and accurate to clean up with a grinder. this link has pics to show better, cheers and great tip! https://www.instructables.com/id/Mak...a-bandsaw-or-/
    Last edited by SlowBlues; 04-16-2019 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBlues View Post
    Good technique but i was taught a bit different, with two 45 degree slices on two opposing corners, cutting about 1/3rd the diameter off when looking down from the top, you are left with a pretty close fishmouth. Really easy cut and minimal blade wear. Easy and accurate to clean up with a grinder. this link has pics to show better, cheers and great tip! https://www.instructables.com/id/Mak...a-bandsaw-or-/
    Yep. No Helper needed and there never late for work.

I like the strap idea. Thanks for sharing. Something else to add to the tool box.

Does the 45 degree notching hold the pipe in place and spaced?

what i used to use was rebar. bend 4 pieces of rebar sorta like a fishhook. then overlap the shanks so the points of the fishook are pointing at oneanother, and tack the shanks (now you have two parts, not four). then you can hang hook over top rail, and bottom hook acts as a cradle to lay your other rail into. easy on, easy off. the spacing on the horiz rails stays the same per job anyway, next job, cut retack together for desired space.

in other words, shanks are extra long for adjustment, the lay shanks side by side, so you got like a "double flare or U" weld. tack together. thin rebar, just strong enough to hold rail - light and quick to use.
    Last edited by 123weld; 04-16-2019 at 01:53 PM.

Sorry, the reply was meant for the OPs other thread on coping pipe railing. I signed in and replied to the wrong thread by the same user as they were right next to one another, apologies. I keep extra ratchet and pull straps on hand for this kind of thing, comes in really useful in a number of ways when working alone. The pull straps are great for hanging as they are infinitely adjustable and the ratchets are great to close up gaps, pull things square etc. Great idea here with the quick hangers Q-fab (gonna have to steal it), nothing speeds things along like a "spacer" for repetitive, accurate work!

Hey, I cant view the original post. My antiquated Kindle Fire doesent show the attachment. And I was rejected by the web site "postimage.cc" Can you upload in a jpeg or something else? I can view pictures in other posts.
    I tried the J-hooks with rebar, works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by CPO_Dave View Post
    I tried the J-hooks with rebar, works fine.
    right, quick-n- easy, and no fumbling around

Plasma cut the holes is quicker these days. Then cut the pipe 1" longer