Looking for enclosed trailer plans.
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Looking for enclosed trailer plans.

Hi guys, I need to build an enclosed motorcycle trailer for a customer and would rather have a set of plans to work with. I already have one set of plans I bought from here, but I'm looking for something like this.

Name:  2019_Lark_6x10_Single_Axle_Cargo_Trailer__Enclosed_Trailer__Ramp__LEDs_me9CM4.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  46.4 KB

Re: Looking for enclosed trailer plans.

I like the ones in the plans. The linked picture has awkward looking angles on the front kick plate and roof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And it looks like it is falling off the frame.

Thanks for your reply. Honestly, I just want something slightly simpler to make. I could do the same design on my own, but it's just so much easier to work with a set of readymade plans.

Question; what do you plan on using for the panels? I just built a tilt bed and was thinking of building an enclosure that was removable for it.

Eric

Hi Eric, I'll either use 2mm fiberglass sheets or 0.8mm mild steel sheets. I used 1mm sheets on my previous trailer, but I feel it was kind of overkill. Too much weight where it's not needed.

p.s. I decided to go ahead with this same design, just with a taller fixed roof.

Name:  IMG_20190314_115224855_HDR.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  139.3 KB

Name:  IMG_20190314_115215182_HDR.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  142.5 KB

Better to buy a used trailer than building one from scratch. Very expense to buy all the parts new. Get a used one and modify.

The main problem with home built trailers has nothing to do with welding. It is getting the balance right so the user does not load it heavy in the back so it sways.

Quote Originally Posted by americaniron View Post
    Better to buy a used trailer than building one from scratch. Very expense to buy all the parts new. Get a used one and modify.
    I sell them as a part of my business.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey.penfield View Post
    The main problem with home built trailers has nothing to do with welding. It is getting the balance right so the user does not load it heavy in the back so it sways.

Not home built, factory built. I build motorcycle trailers for my customers.