PrimeWeld Cut60 Plasma Cutter
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

PrimeWeld Cut60 Plasma Cutter

Hello Everyone,

Looking for a new plasma cutter. I current have the small Miller Spectrum 125C with built-in compressor. Only cuts 1/8 at best so want to get something that would do 3/8.

Was looking at a Miller 375 and also the Hypertherm 30 XP. Both of these are used on craigslist. I then came across the PrimeWeld Cut60. It is new and has a 3 year warranty. Comes with the ipt-60 torch and has adjustable post flow. Trouble is there is not a lot of information out there about this unit.

Would love to help others advice on which direction to go.

Thanks a bunch, Gimpl

Re: PrimeWeld Cut60 Plasma Cutter

All you have to do is call me and I will answer any questions you have on the plasma cutter and all the different consumables you can get for it.
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Sales and Repairs--Ebay store
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's

I have a Primeweld CUT60 and I like it so far. This is my first hands-on exposure to plasma cutting. So note where my opinion is coming from. I have cut a few things with it(up to 3/4" stainless plate-test cut) and I it works well but I need more air compressor but that has nothing to do with Pimeweld. I will say Primeweld needs to update their web site and advertising and information distribution. I purchased consumables from George, and I am led to believe that he is a fountain of information on this (and other?) plasma cutters but I have only communicated with him via email and found him good to deal with. It might well be worth it for you to call to him or Primeweld directly.
    https://www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com/
    ---Meltedmetal

Thank you MeltedMetal.

How long have you had the machine? Have you used any other machine to make a comparison?

Thanks

Gimpl

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpl View Post
    Thank you MeltedMetal.

How long have you had the machine? Have you used any other machine to make a comparison?

Thanks

Gimpl
    Not long, about a month. I come from the world of oxy/acetylene so this is my first plasma cutting experience. I was pleasantly impressed. No plasma can completely replace oxy/acet but for cutting, plasma works pretty slick as you are already aware. A relative recently bought a Hypertherm Powermax 30 XP and loves it. I wanted to try a little more cut capacity and couldn't justify a Hypertherm so I bought the Primeweld. Part of my decision was price and part was the availability of service/info/parts/consumables via George if I should need it.
    ---Meltedmetal