Clean generator power for a inverter. - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

Re: Clean generator power for a inverter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingenuity View Post
    Interestingly, I purchased a Ranger 330 MPX (10 kW continuous, 11.5 kW peak) today and the Lincoln Owner Manual states:

"Auxiliary power quality is the best in its class – less than 5% total harmonic distortion throughout the entire power range.
    Quality of the auxiliary power is fully independent of the weld setting."
    But there are issues with that. If you read through the literature, there are stipulations that it is not if it is run on auto, or it is loaded under variable load. It is only for a stable load. It can dip low as 40Hz and then drop voltage well below stated voltage. This is also stated in the manual. I believe that there is some fine parsing of words there. It is clean if everything is perfect. In some places they say voltage variance is less 5% and others it says it is 10%, but then again, that is only under steady load. A welder isn't steady load in general.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

Re: Clean generator power for a inverter.

Quote Originally Posted by thegary View Post
    I purchased my TB302 in 2014 . At that time I searched all over for The THD of several generators. At that time finding what the THD on almost any was next to impossible. About the only one that listed it was Honda. Many claimed clean power but I could not find documentation including my TB302. Yes miller claimed it would run their inverters. That is a different claim than saying less than 5% THD. As we see in this thread makers are starting to list it NOW. This includes the powerhouse line you talk about. I even purchased one before I got my TB. I sent it back because there was no documentation and it did not live up to some of their other claims. Don't get me wrong I like my Everlast machines but I call it like I see it.

By the way your web site title says Everlast generators yet the only gens you sell are the little ones that can hardly run a washing machine much less a welder. Why is that? If you are so confident about your machines and the claims are to protect your customers then sell a gen that will run them.

For all you guy who think I am down on Everlast forget it I like their stuff and own 3 units. I would buy more if I need it. I just call a spade a spade! Everlast put you money where your mouth is on this generator stuff. If you do not want to sell one at least list some on your web site that your units are compatable with.
    TB have been clean for the past few years. We've had a number of customers use the Northern PowerHorse line. It seems to cause little problems.

We've largely dropped the generator line since January of this year. Product is still listed, but it was such a small part these days and anybody with a trunk on their car was selling them from one place or the other. Just not worth it. The generators name will stay a while since this is the original product line. But you can get there by typing in everlastwelders.com too.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT