JD2 model 4
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Thread: JD2 model 4

JD2 model 4

Does anyone have any experience with this bender? I noticed that it bends the pipe around the die, instead of the die rotating to bend the pipe. Wondering if that gives a better bend quality?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Re: JD2 model 4

Considering the die and die follower are the same design as their model 3 and 32, it should not affect actual bend quality at all. The tube is still interacting the same way with the dies and follower, only difference is which end is swinging through the air.
    Who is John Galt?

I bought jd32 I dont remember it costing much more. I got it for beefier build and ability to easily upgrade to hydraulic.
    I bend 1 3/4x.120 tube. I think that's about the biggest I'd want to manually bend.
    Sometimes I have a hard time physically making the bend and seeing where the needle on the dial is.

Just guessing, the advantage of the mod 4 is the fact that pins do not need to be adjusted to complete the bend. It existed before the mod32 and innitially addressed the spring back issue. Appears the 32 and 4 are very close in capacity.

Speed over the 32 is probably a significant difference for production shops.

I have owned a Model 4 for about 15 years. The die design is close to a Model 3, but it uses a block instead of a U-strap to keep the tube from moving. In my opinion the biggest advantage over a Model 3 is the large degree ring that is integral to the bender. It's roughly 1/8" between degree marks so it's easier to be very accurate.

Mine is air over hydraulic powered. Someday I would like to upgrade to the electric setup because it bends faster and doesn't require the compressor. The air over hydraulic pump uses a ton of air.