All my bragging about the Jackson finally caught up to me.
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Broke the tab on the headgear on my 1989 Jackson lid. I'd really just like to get replacement headgear. I stole the headgear out of another lid I had laying around but the 'stop' didn't work with the Jackson so it would flip all the way down till it hit my face.

Someone got something on nice headgear that would work with the Jackson?

12v battery, jumper cables, and a 6013.
    I only have a facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/pages/VPT/244788508917829

I’ll have to take pictures, but I modified my old Jackson to accept the brand new Jackson headgear. Super comfortable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: All my bragging about the Jackson finally caught up to me.

LOL. Here man. Best headset on the planet

https://www.amazon.com/Jackson-Safet...gateway&sr=8-1

Is that a brown recluse on the head gear in the first picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Yes it is, but they don't bother VPT. It's his pet.

I don't know I got a Jackson of the same era I've seen guys at work put the big knob Jackson head gear in theirs, I don't know what they cost now but 35 years ago the hood was 25 or 30 bucks don't think their much more than 50 now, not the end of the world, but I get it you get used to something, 5 or so others have come and gone but the jackson is always there, I always liked it even better than the cardboard huntsman 2x4

The newer Jackson headgear is really nice.
    Miller xmt304, Miller S22 p12, Miier Maxstar SD, Miller 252 w 30A, Miller super32p12, Lincoln Ranger 9, Thermal Arc 181I with spoolgun, Hypertherm 10000 ,Smith torches. Esab 161lts miniarc.

I thought the new Jackson headgear was the same mounting, I just ordered mine off amazon to replace my old worn out headgear same as yours. Can't remember if I had to modify or not but works like a champ.
    ESAB Rebels 215/235, Hypertherm 85, 45xp, Miller 350p, Synchrowave 350 LX, Thermal Arc 185, Everlast 255EXT, TD 60i

Quote Originally Posted by pat h View Post
    I don't know I got a Jackson of the same era I've seen guys at work put the big knob Jackson head gear in theirs, I don't know what they cost now but 35 years ago the hood was 25 or 30 bucks don't think their much more than 50 now, not the end of the world, but I get it you get used to something, 5 or so others have come and gone but the jackson is always there, I always liked it even better than the cardboard huntsman 2x4
    I paid about $60 for my flip down Honeywell about 6 years back. I paid $20 for the Jackson head gear and maybe $80 for an arc-one auto dark 10.
    I bought the previous on in 1987. Fixed 10 Gold lens, no flipper.
    Coconuts older brother uses it every day. Yeah 1987. I forget what head gear I put in the thing....Miller or something from the LWS...30 years back. It was decent. Still is.AC insulation makes a great band cover...LOL

I had that cardboard Hunter rivets model with the pull down lever lens. It was nice and light.That slider sucked. I've owned them all over the years. I like Millers and pipeliners.
    Blind in one eye and older than dirt I like an auto dark lens and has an ophthalmologist make me a pair of specs to wear under my hood. Good stuff ! +5 or so at 16-20 inches !
    Yeah. I took a hood and stinger when I went for the exam. She laughed.I put the hood on. She moved the chin rest thingy out. Click....better or worse. CLICK. The usual stuff.
    Her ol man is blind in one eye and is an electrician. His pocket glasses are similar to my under hood specs !
    Go to a real eye doctor. Those people are awesome for welders, machinists....anyone really.
    The dolt optometrist with the white dress are eyeglass salesman with a jacket. Nothing more

I was kinda thinking that the spider could hold up the hood since it's his pet.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC MIG/STICK/TIG
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
    We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream".
    RONALD REAGAN

Quote Originally Posted by Bonzoo View Post
    I paid about $60 for my flip down Honeywell about 6 years back. I paid $20 for the Jackson head gear and maybe $80 for an arc-one auto dark 10.
    I bought the previous on in 1987. Fixed 10 Gold lens, no flipper.
    Coconuts older brother uses it every day. Yeah 1987. I forget what head gear I put in the thing....Miller or something from the LWS...30 years back. It was decent. Still is.AC insulation makes a great band cover...LOL

I had that cardboard Hunter rivets model with the pull down lever lens. It was nice and light.That slider sucked. I've owned them all over the years. I like Millers and pipeliners.
    Blind in one eye and older than dirt I like an auto dark lens and has an ophthalmologist make me a pair of specs to wear under my hood. Good stuff ! +5 or so at 16-20 inches !
    Yeah. I took a hood and stinger when I went for the exam. She laughed.I put the hood on. She moved the chin rest thingy out. Click....better or worse. CLICK. The usual stuff.
    Her ol man is blind in one eye and is an electrician. His pocket glasses are similar to my under hood specs !
    Go to a real eye doctor. Those people are awesome for welders, machinists....anyone really.
    The dolt optometrist with the white dress are eyeglass salesman with a jacket. Nothing more
    Must be a bunch of us one eyed cyclops mfers around hahaha too many concussions and rough stock rides gone bad

Pretty sure I have the same shield (though not as old) and same lens.

Here's the $15 headgear:

https://www.amazon.com/Jackson-Safet...dp/B004RIFGE6/

He keeps me awake.

Thanks for the links guys! I assume thats the 'new style' headgear in the links?

I had to modify mine to fit that style of headgear in the links, but mines not a sugar scoop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bonzoo View Post
    LOL. Here man. Best headset on the planet

https://www.amazon.com/Jackson-Safet...gateway&sr=8-1
    I’ve got it on my nexgen and it pulls on my hair all the time. Harbor freight head gear is better I think

Quote Originally Posted by pat h View Post
    Must be a bunch of us one eyed cyclops mfers around hahaha too many concussions and rough stock rides gone bad
    Amen. Blind in one and can't see out the other but I can run 7018 building 4 x 3/16 colmnz with 10 x 10 x 1/4" tops and bottoms behind my back. No helmet needed

Ordered.

That's awesome you dont need a helmet. Stuff it in the joint and burn no eyes needed

Quote Originally Posted by evan View Post
    That's awesome you dont need a helmet. Stuff it in the joint and burn no eyes needed
    Little bit harder to feel the joint with tig.

Quote Originally Posted by motolife313 View Post
    I’ve got it on my nexgen and it pulls on my hair all the time. Harbor freight head gear is better I think
    Quote Originally Posted by VPT View Post
    Ordered.

Installed. It pulls the hair. wtf? What does the hair pulling? Other than that it feels great!

Oh yeah, popped right in the lid, no mods what so ever.

You need to shave the head, that'll stop the hair pulling. I bought a chinese hood from Amazon a while back, it came with kind of a goofy headgear, super comfortable and very adjustable, the rear section is hinged and seems to help it stay put.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC MIG/STICK/TIG
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
    We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream".
    RONALD REAGAN

A funny thing.

After opening up the box that the headgear came in I had to try on just the headgear itself. I put it on my head, looked down at the table and did the 'head bob' to try and flip the lid down (that wasn't there). Natural reaction I guess.

Similar thing that has happened to me a few times. Get all set up for welding, grab the torch, grab the filler, position, do the 'head bob' and realize I don't even have the welding lid on my head.