Connecting Superultra 206 to air compressor
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Connecting Superultra 206 to air compressor

Hi y'all,

I've got an Everlast Super Ultra 206si, but I've lost the regulator for the plasma cutter to compessor. I have a water trap & regulator on my compressor, but I can't seem to figure out how I'm going to get my air hose 1/4" quick-connect compressor fittings to attach to the gas inlet on the 206

The gas inlet is a 5/8-18 female. I can't seem to find an adapter that is 5/8 male to 1/4 NPT, which would solve the problem.

Also, it would be super cool if there was a splitter, so I could turn on one side for the plasma cutter and the other for when I want to use the welder with argon. Anybody know of one of these that would thread into that 5/8-18 gas inlet?

Thanks!

Re: Connecting Superultra 206 to air compressor

You might be better off getting another regulator, unless you will run your compressor at the pressure for the plasma all the time, or remember to lower pressure when cutting. A little more hardware, use a Tee and valve each side, they do sell a valved Tee. It might take an extra fitting or two to adapt the different sizes, instead of just one adapter. I used hoses with quick disconnects, and switch it that way.

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

Re: Connecting Superultra 206 to air compressor

Western fittings should have something, but you can order a new regular tour from us.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT