Tig Kit for Multimatic 215
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Tig Kit for Multimatic 215

Hey everyone, I am new to the forum and mainly created an account to begin with asking a question about my Multimatic 215.

I love this machine so far after about 2 years. I need a tig setup though. Obviously the MM215 is only DC, so I can't tig Aluminum. Not a huge deal at this point, but the TIG contractor kit seems a bit expensive at $405.

My dilemma is should I just buy the kit, try to make my own for cheaper, or just buy and alternative tig machine like the AHP Alphatig 200 for $700. I have never tig welding with my machine but I have heard it has a very nice arc. I'll mostly be welding mild and stainless.

If the miller has superior arc qualities, I'll just buy the kit. Also how is the foot pedal included in the kit?

Any information or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Anthony

Re: Tig Kit for Multimatic 215

I would go buy the kit from HTP America. https://www.usaweld.com/Miller-Multi...multi215ck.htm

its almost $100 cheaper, and in my mind better stuff than you get from Miller.
    Millermatic 252
    Syncrowave 250
    Purox Metalmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Louie1961 View Post
    I would go buy the kit from HTP America. https://www.usaweld.com/Miller-Multi...multi215ck.htm

its almost $100 cheaper, and in my mind better stuff than you get from Miller.
    That seems like a really good option. I see that the foot pedal looks bigger and substantially better. Also digging that red lead on the torch. Thanks for the recommendation, definitely considering that option now!

I bought mine with the tig kit, it is all high quality stuff as far as i can tell, including the foot peddle. But that HTP kit looks like a good deal also

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

If I had to guess the HTP pedal is an SSC pedal, just about the best you can buy. Likewise I am sure that is probably a CK torch. Also very good stuff. HTP America is now a member on this board (user name USAWELD) so maybe they will chime in and let us know what the deal is.

But I have to say I buy a LOT of stuff from them, and its always been great product with a great buying experience. I have purchased two water cooled TIG torches, an SSC pedal, a flex neck MIG gun, and virtually all of the tungsten, TIG cups, gas lens collet bodies, etc. that I have. Hard to go wrong with them.
    Millermatic 252
    Syncrowave 250
    Purox Metalmaster

The HTP (SSC Controls) pedal is real nice, I purchased one for my 215. Based on my personal preference, I'd contact HTP to see how much it would cost to upgrade the kit to a flex neck torch and gas lens consumables.

The 215 TIG arc is really good. Puddle control with the foot pedal is real good too. The lift arc starts are excellent- no stickiness to them.
    ESAB Migmaster 250
    Hobart Ironman 230
    Multimatic 215
    TWECO Fabricator 181i & 211i
    HH125EZ - nice little fluxcore only unit

Maxstar 150 STH - very nice