Lincoln SP125 Plus parts and maker ?
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Lincoln SP125 Plus parts and maker ?

My first welder was a cheap import. My second , a Lincoln SP125 Plus, lots of years ago. Use it weekly. I mainly do body panel rust repair on vintage sports cars, ie thicker carbon steel.

My son is 50 miles away with projects too. I need to stage a welder there. I liked my welder so much I found one like it for him, but it needs some parts. I know Lincoln didn't make it. Who did and where are the parts most economically found?

Thanks in advance, BritCarDoc, Dan

Re: Lincoln SP125 Plus parts and maker ?

You should be able to get any parts you need from any Lincoln welding supplier (naturally would have to be ordered in) I have one and as far as I know Lincoln made them themselves. The later SP135s use the same mechanical parts so sourcing parts should not be an issue. What do you need in parts?

Quote Originally Posted by 131re View Post
    You should be able to get any parts you need from any Lincoln welding supplier (naturally would have to be ordered in) I have one and as far as I know Lincoln made them themselves. The later SP135s use the same mechanical parts so sourcing parts should not be an issue. What do you need in parts?
    Actually I read that they did not make them....subbed them out and I think the welder appeared under another brand name too. I read who did make them for Lincoln but cannot find the thread now. I need a new plastic piece that is the base for the wire feed and wand plug in and everything else.

post the serial number and the code number from the welder. From that we can see if it is a Lincoln machine and what country Lincoln had it made in. Also go to Lincoln's web site with the code number. www.lincolnelectric.com
    select the support tab the find parts. select the guest button and when the service navigator loads enter the code number and select the parts book. Then Order on line or from a local store.

Lincoln serial numbers start with a letter, this is the country code, U=USA, M=Mexico, I=Italy, P=Poland, N=Norwall in Norway. Unless you have the Chinese clone.

His question was answered in the other IDENTICAL thread.....

3 threads on the same question...

No reply back on any of them either....
    Last edited by John T; 06-09-2019 at 07:19 AM.
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221

True Wisdom only comes from Pain.