Sa200
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Thread: Sa200

Sa200

Hey everyone. I am new to welding web. I have got the SA200 fever! I got a really good deal on a 69 Redface. I havent welded with it yet but I m trying to get it ready. What do you guys use to clean up the dirt the grime and surface rust. My machine has sat for a few years. I ve rebuilt carb, put fresh oil in , new plags, inspected points, I dont have a battery yet. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated about restoring this machine. Getting it running us my first priority. It still has R57 and it has Marvel Shiebler carb.

Re: Sa200

Congratulations, you have a great welder. I have a 1966 Redface and really enjoy it. I would concentrate on getting the mechanical things lined out. You have done several so far. I would look on EBay and get a hand tachometer to set your low and high idle speeds accurately as those are critical for it to operate properly. Also you should download all the manuals available from Lincoln. Check the brushes in the generator end and make sure they are free then stone the main and exciter armature. Learn all you can because you have to tinker with them at times. Good luck with your machine. As far as the body, if I were to do it over, I would take my sheet metal to be powder coated. If your sheet metal is straight and not beat up that is the fastest and cheapest way to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Steve

Miller Dialarc 250 (1990)
    Miller Maxstar 140 STR (2003)
    Lincoln SA200 Redface Pipeliner (1966)
    Lincoln MP210 (2015)
    Victor and MECO torches

Welcome!
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC MIG/STICK/TIG
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
    We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream".
    RONALD REAGAN

welcome

Ok. I got a battery and got no spark at the magneto. I ordered a condenser hoping thats the issue. Not sure how to check coil but if condenser dont give me spark I ll get a coil. I realized I had to take the oil bath off to get my head down there to see the points. The mag looks very clean. Anybody got any suggestions about how to check the coil?

Welcome from NE GA