Impacts
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Thread: Impacts

Impacts

Found this pic of my Impacts I bough a few years ago, they look so I nice I thought I would post the pic of them. The first gun is My 20 yr old? 3/4" IR impact I use mostly to sharpen and change blades on the bush hog when they dull and wear out.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I've been everywhere but the electric chair, seen everything but the wind...the only two things I can't weld is the crack of dawn and a broken heart!

Re: Impacts

Those are nice Jim.
    JOHN

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by johnrbauer View Post
    Those are nice Jim.
    JOHN

Thanks John, I have grandsons who will use them more than me.
    I've been everywhere but the electric chair, seen everything but the wind...the only two things I can't weld is the crack of dawn and a broken heart!

Probably I have a 5/8 drive electronic Ingersal Rand so I don't know how old that thing is. It was my dad's
    JOHN

I got a new Dewalt cordless XR impact last fall. I have not picked up one of my other ones since I got it. This thing is a beast. About the only reason I will use my air impact is if the Dewalt is too long to fit in a spot where I need to remove a bolt. My next purchase is going to be the 1/4" xr screw /impact gun. Then on to a 71/4 saw and so on. I want to get to where I hardly ever pull out a cord or an air hose.

Quote Originally Posted by johnrbauer View Post
    Probably I have a 5/8 drive electronic Ingersal Rand so I don't know how old that thing is. It was my dad's
    JOHN

It's amazing how long the life span is of quality made tools, pretty neat you have your dads tool, I have some of my dads too. I keep them separate from mine, every time I open his tools box it takes me back to when I would help him work on his cars, that was back in days when points and condensers were used. I remember every few years before winter set in, he would use lye to boil the engine out in his 49 Plymouth before putting in new antifreeze and replacing hoses that looked bad. Later he bought a Cal Equipment dwell and tachometer to set the idle on his later vehicles. He was always tinkering with the automatic choke, it took a while for it to behave the way he wanted it to. My pop's tools brings back good memories of him.

Yes I just used it yesterday to change my mower blades it I'd heavy.
    JOHN

I love my IR's, I have several.
    1/2" compact, 1/2", 1/2" HD, 3/4"
    City of L.A. Structural; Manual & Semi-Automatic;
    "Surely there is a mine for silver, and a place where gold is refined. Iron is taken from the earth, and copper is smelted from ore."
    Job 28:1,2

Lincoln, Miller, Victor & ISV Bible

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by tanglediver View Post
    I love my IR's, I have several.
    1/2" compact, 1/2", 1/2" HD, 3/4"
    I have the same combination in 3/8 drive as you do in 1/2", a regular power and high power 3/8. The 1/4" gun is a CP.