Installing a terabit hard drive in an older computer that only has 220,000 RAM ?
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Installing a terabit hard drive in an older computer that only has 220,000 RAM ?

Just wondering if a terabit hard drive I have will operate properly in an older Windows 7 computer which has 220,000 Ram? Thanks for any information. I only want it for pictures and computer back ups.
    I've been everywhere but the electric chair, seen everything but the wind...the only two things I can't weld is the crack of dawn and a broken heart!

Re: Installing a terabit hard drive in an older computer that only has 220,000 RAM ?

Quote Originally Posted by tackit View Post
    Just wondering if a terabit hard drive I have will operate properly in an older Windows 7 computer which has 220,000 Ram? Thanks for any information. I only want it for pictures and computer back ups.
    its not the size of the hard drive thats the issue, its the speed of accessing the data on the hard drive...older computers with not alot of memory will just be slower but it will work fine.. just use an external hard drive with a usb connection, this way if the computer goes boom you can access the hard drive with any computer..even if the computer dies you can put the internal hardrive into an external case and use it on any computer..
    Last edited by Hobbytime; 06-06-2019 at 08:15 PM.

Re: Installing a terabit hard drive in an older computer that only has 220,000 RAM ?

Windows 7 good to 2 TB with nothing special needed.
    Lincoln Invertec V205-T Tig/stick
    Millermatic 211 Mig Welder
    Speedglas Adflo PAPR 9100 FX-Air
    CertiFlat FB2430 fabBlock U-Weld Kit Welding Table
    FW3012 CertiFlat fabWing 30" X 12" Extension Table

Thanks guys for the help. I have a 250 GB pocket drive, but it's not quite big enough, I have the backups set to delete past backups and only keep the latest one.
    I've been everywhere but the electric chair, seen everything but the wind...the only two things I can't weld is the crack of dawn and a broken heart!

Gary, here is the 1 terabit HD I was talking about and I have two of each 500GB Segate Barracuda 12s and a 10s HD. I have the red flat wires for them. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I have the backups set to delete past backups and only keep the latest one.
    I stopped backing up to physical media about 4-5 years ago. I use Dropbox now, and its great. I just am sure to encrypt anything sensitive that I put out there.
    Millermatic 252
    Syncrowave 250
    Purox Metalmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Louie1961 View Post
    I stopped backing up to physical media about 4-5 years ago. I use Dropbox now, and its great. I just am sure to encrypt anything sensitive that I put out there.
    Louie I believe you need Windows 10 for Dropbox, I have Windows 7 Professional.

I used to use Dropbox on Windows 7 all the time . According to their website their software will run on Win 7 still
    Millermatic 252
    Syncrowave 250
    Purox Metalmaster

Dropbox runs with anything. I've used it for years with Linux/Debian.
    Pay a lil extra for another cloud too................just..........in ......case. I run a Yandex backup too.
    Hillary taught me about Trumps so I figured it was the best.

Oh. If you dont care to be tied to kinky headed rats, have a look.Download a Vodka before you install it.
    https://browser.yandex.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Louie1961 View Post
    I used to use Dropbox on Windows 7 all the time . According to their website their software will run on Win 7 still
    When I checked the website noted a windows 10 operating system, I must have taken the info wrong.Thanks Louie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonzoo View Post
    Dropbox runs with anything. I've used it for years with Linux/Debian.
    Pay a lil extra for another cloud too................just..........in ......case. I run a Yandex backup too.
    Hillary taught me about Trumps so I figured it was the best.

Oh. If you dont care to be tied to kinky headed rats, have a look.Download a Vodka before you install it.
    https://browser.yandex.com/
    Bonzoo, I want to install more memory and possibly two 500 GB hard drives before I download any more programs on this computer. Thanks Mr. bonzoo.