V/A Adjustment Knob What Does it Do?
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

V/A Adjustment Knob What Does it Do?

I'm using a Miller XMT 350 cc/cv in MIG mode, the machine has V/A Adjustment Knob I don't know what it does, and the manual doesn't say. Volts and wire feed speed are set on a separate wire feeder unit.

Could not find any info about it searching internet.

Name:  VA adjust.JPG
Views: 259
Size:  73.6 KB

Re: V/A Adjustment Knob What Does it Do?

Is this a joke ?

You can't find anything most likely because anybody that is allowed to use one already knows what they are there for and what they do.

For setting volts and amps when using just the machine. It isn't just for powering a wire feeder obviously. If you are tig welding, stick welding or using a spool gun your gonna need to control the volts IN CV and the amps in CC

So the knob is non functional in MIG mode? because arc control knob for example controls inductance when in MIG mode.
    Last edited by SteelMind; 06-09-2019 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMind View Post
    So the knob is non functional in MIG mode? because arc control knob for example controls inductance when in MIG mode.
    No not normally but if it has a remote voltage control on the mig feeder unit then the full control is there at feeder and the V/A on machine is overridden and doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by danielplace View Post
    No not normally but if it has a remote voltage control on the mig feeder unit then the full control is there at feeder and the V/A on machine is overridden and doing nothing.
    This ^^

Also, if you switch to stick mode with the 14 pin feeder plug still plugged in, you may have to dial the voltage knob on the feeder to the top of the range in order for the machine to allow you full range control of amperage by the panel knob. Or just unplug the 14-pin control cable. That’s how my XMT and 12VS works anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk