What's the latest in Clarity for helmets -- Could use a recomendation please
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

What's the latest in Clarity for helmets -- Could use a recomendation please

Getting old and the the 20 year old Speedglas is no long as clear as it used to be, I change out the covers inside and out all the time. I'm just not seeing the weld puddle and immediate surroundings like I use to. I could use use some help or suggestions

I can't be the first guy to have this problem, and was wondering if there's a recommendation for a good new technology auto darkening helmet that's clear.

In advance, thank you for the assistance, it's much appreciated!

Re: What's the latest in Clarity for helmets -- Could use a recomendation please

Everyone's eyes are different in how they see and interpret, I have the Optrel e684 and a Lincoln 3350, both are very clear. It comes down to
    what you like, willing to spend, rebates available etc....
    Richard

Re: What's the latest in Clarity for helmets -- Could use a recomendation please

Thanks Richard, I am considering the Optrel 2.0 Crystal.

I have a newer miller digital elite, I have 3 of them but the newest one has a clear view. It's not green like before, it is clear/blue like looking at those blueish car headlights. It's nice but everyone is different

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Can't go wrong with the 680/684/2.0
    1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling signature!

HTP Invertig 221
    HTP ProPulse 300 MIG
    HTP ProPulse 200 MIG x2
    HTP ProPulse 220 MTS
    HTP Inverarc 200 TLP
    HTP Microcut 875SC

Jackson True Sight all the way baby! Real clear, AND REAL COLORS. Almost makes me the welder I ain'tName:  mutley.gif
Views: 744
Size:  9.3 KB

I wear reading glasses under my hood, much better!
    City of L.A. Structural; Manual & Semi-Automatic;
    "Surely there is a mine for silver, and a place where gold is refined. Iron is taken from the earth, and copper is smelted from ore."
    Job 28:1,2

Lincoln, Miller, Victor & ISV Bible

Danny

This is a pretty interesting question, I'm not welding anymore but if I were, last I had was a lincoln 3350 Non 4 c and it was ok not groundbreaking

Quote Originally Posted by 200mphbusa View Post
    Thanks Richard, I am considering the Optrel 2.0 Crystal.
    You’ll be happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gentlemen-thank you for your input it is greatly appreciated. I ordered the Optrel 2.0 Clear yesterday.

I'll report back on how its working.

Again, thanks for taking the time to provide the input!

I recently went through this too. What helped was adding 2.0 cheaters right into the hood and wearing my new bifocals every time. I am 49 this year. Once the puddle was large enough and clear enough I was back to normal.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
    Miller Syncrowave 300(s)
    Miller 330 A/BP
    Miller CP-200 Haas / Kamp'd / CP-300 in process
    Miller Radiator 1
    Miller 30A /S-52E feeders
    Hobart GR-303

I bought a Miller digital infinity and when the lens needed to be replaced under warranty I asked if I could pay to upgrade to the clear light lens and I was told no. Fast forward to last week, I ordered the the Optrel crystal 2.0. While waiting for it to show up, it became necessary to change the batteries in the Miller helmet, I noticed that the new lens is the clear light lens. I was a bit put out, especially since I almost bought a new digital infinity. At that point I figured I just wasted a lot of money.

I was in the shop welding when the Optrel was delivered, WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!

I'm so happy that I bought the Optrel!
    ESAB emp215ic
    Everlast 250EX / Watercooler
    Victor Cutmaster 42
    Victor Journeyman O/A
    Lincoln Electric Weldanpower 225 AC/DC

You might be surprised by the harbor freight vulcan. Great helmet for the money.

I got an Optrel, too. Excellent hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HTP Invertig 221H w/ CK20 water cooled torch
    Optrel Crystal 2.0

Cheaters under the hood,either as glasses, or part of the hood. Whatever magnifying you choose. As far as I know, if they specify 1/1/1/1, that's supposed to be best clarity, etc. At least that's one of the criteria I based my purchase on. Read as many unbiased reviews as possible. Just my opinion, check into Antra brand, works well, good bargain for me.