Lincoln Aspect 230 AC/DC - Page 3
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Lincoln Aspect 230 AC/DC

Quote Originally Posted by Offwidth View Post
    I thought I did. I have received a plasma cutter instead from Amazon and just sent it back. Looking at a checkout cart with Lincoln power source and CK 26 flex torch and connector, and will get pedal fro USAweld. I think. Thinking.

If you get the Lincoln, you still need to buy the super expensive water cooler ($1000+), otherwise you are not benefiting from the extra amps, unless you are planning on adding that later, or another cooler that you switch on manually.

Have you considered the HTP Invertig 221? Very well made machine with excellent reputation. It can do 220 amps at 20% duty cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Miller Dynasty 280 DX TIGRunner
    Fronius Transsteel 2200

Quote Originally Posted by precivilization View Post
    If you get the Lincoln, you still need to buy the super expensive water cooler ($1000+), otherwise you are not benefiting from the extra amps, unless you are planning on adding that later, or another cooler that you switch on manually.

Have you considered the HTP Invertig 221? Very well made machine with excellent reputation. It can do 220 amps at 20% duty cycle.

I do consider Invertig. It’s the remaining option. Price wise all very close. I am planning on adding cooler later.

Lincoln on order. With Black Friday coupon and no tax online that’s just slightly above Invertig. Got just the supply. Decided to go with CK 26 series flex head to start with. Viktor regulator, and some eBay clamp and electrode holder. Will see what pedal.

SSC Controls make the pedals for lincoln, cool thing I believe any K870 Lincoln pedal will work. I think I posted a link to SSC in a previous post. I'm not sure what USAweld has but they are a good place to deal with also, know their stuff and fast service. Good luck with the welder.
    Ernie F.

I can’t find this price. At least a 100 more. Which is of course inconsequential.
    Local Welding Supply gave me that price, that is also how I got the five year warranty thrown in for free.

Quote Originally Posted by RideKTM350 View Post
    Local Welding Supply gave me that price, that is also how I got the five year warranty thrown in for free.
    Found online with no tax (9% in the communist rupeblic here) and 9% off list. Good enough for now.

Will see what pedal.
    Decided that for the 26 I would go with CK's slide control for handle. Never used such control, time to try. Will add pedal after I add 17 series flex loc and low profile 9... Damn, eager to try it all out..

Decided that for the 26 I would go with CK's slide control for handle. Never used such control, time to try. Will add pedal after I add 17 series flex loc and low profile 9... Damn, eager to try it all out..
    If you are not doing much out of position welding, pedal is the best option. Ideally you would have both. SSC Touch4 finger control is IMO better than CK slide control. CK flexloc is an absolutely fantastic torch.

https://www.ssccontrols.com/product/touch4/

Miller Dynasty 280 DX TIGRunner
    Fronius Transsteel 2200

Quote Originally Posted by precivilization View Post
    If you are not doing much out of position welding, pedal is the best option. Ideally you would have both. SSC Touch4 finger control is IMO better than CK slide control. CK flexloc is an absolutely fantastic torch.

https://www.ssccontrols.com/product/touch4/

/\ X2 /\
    Pedal is what I would recommend. The SSC finger control works great but I only plug that in when I have to get up on a 12' ladder to weld on the corner of truck body or any other position where the foot pedal is awkward. 99.9% of the time the foot pedal is used. Slide or north/south finger controls are hard to use, especially for beginners. I use the CK series 20 water cooled torches with the flexible hoses for many years. Never needed the flex head but if from CK I'm sure they are good too.
    Ernie F.

Hear you, but need to learn welding inside of large odd shaped things (experimental equipment). Will see how it goes. Will also need to build some odd shaped things, so flex loc will be paired with a pedal. Will be around in other parts of the forum for advice.

Nice, hope you enjoy the machine when you get it, post up your thoughts please