Any new thoughts on bump welding? - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Any new thoughts on bump welding?

Quote Originally Posted by Munkul View Post
    the independent amps EN/EP - that's something that I think up til recently only Miller had, with a patent on it... confirmed by a sales guy recently who had to admit some places would only take Dynasty's over the Lorch machines he usually sells as the "premium" offering, because of this feature.

The Lincoln Aspect 300 has independent amps EN and EP, they did something funny to get around the patent I think. I've had a bit of a play with the Aspect at work but it's not my machine so i can't really spend the time finding out its capabilities.

Zank's settings - for anyone who doesn't want to google:

http://forum.weldingtipsandtricks.co...php?f=5&t=6391

Basically if you don't have a Dynasty/Aspect of the right spec, you can't do what Zank was doing.
    Thanks for the link, been looking for that but no googlefu skills here. There was another thread by him or another that went a little more in depth.

Anyhow, I have ordered the sd card for my 280...

I am thinking that for anodized I will want the EP section of the wave on advanced square because my understanding of bump welding leads me to believe that the extreme cleaning comes from the instantaneous HF high amp burst caused by the finger switch. This high ep burst when coupled with the ac pulse feature may allow for something similar to bump welding. The en side could then be triangle and lower amps to possibly be a little more forgiving on the relatively thin wall tubing I find myself doing. Either way it will be fun to experiment and I have the extra cash right now.
    Last edited by jakedaawg; 07-16-2019 at 09:11 PM.
    Miller Dynasty 280 DX, Lincoln 210 MP

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    I beg to differ. Here in the US (and in Europe) there is one killer TIG machine in the 200A class that has independent amplitude on AC TIG welding, that doesn't cost what a Miller Dynasty 200/210dx costs. It's basically in a class of it's own. 220A, loaded AC TIG features, cheaper than a Miller, all while being just as stout if not more. Oh and it's been out since 2011.
    If they had a ~300 amp machine when I bought the Miller I may have gone that way...but while they have the independant amplitude they lack the ac pulse and wave shape, correct me if I am mistaken. The better half worked for a company bought by ITW and I have no, none, absolutely zero respect for that corporation!!! At the time of purchase I didnt know they owned Miller or I would have bought the lincoln. I find it enlightening that none of the products they sell have any visible "proud to be an ITW company sticker " or anything on them. They seem to own a lot of once great brands...paslode, Miller, Hobart, etc...
    Last edited by jakedaawg; 07-16-2019 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jakedaawg View Post
    If they had a ~300 amp machine when I bought the Miller I may have gone that way...but while they have the independant amplitude they lack the ac pulse and wave shape, correct me if I am mistaken. The better half worked for a company bought by ITW and I have no, none, absolutely zero respect for that corporation!!! At the time of purchase I didnt know they owned Miller or I would have bought the lincoln. I find it enlightening that none of the products they sell have any visible "proud to be an ITW company sticker " or anything on them. They seem to own a lot of once great brands...paslode, Miller, Hobart, etc...
    It has "a little" AC pulse, lol. Up to 10Hz, and correct on the lack-of wave-shape. The new one will probably have wave-shape though. Time will tell.
    1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling signature!

HTP Invertig 221
    HTP ProPulse 300 MIG
    HTP ProPulse 200 MIG x2
    HTP ProPulse 220 MTS
    HTP Inverarc 200 TLP
    HTP Microcut 875SC

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    I beg to differ. Here in the US (and in Europe) there is one killer TIG machine in the 200A class that has independent amplitude on AC TIG welding, that doesn't cost what a Miller Dynasty 200/210dx costs. It's basically in a class of it's own. 220A, loaded AC TIG features, cheaper than a Miller, all while being just as stout if not more. Oh and it's been out since 2011.
    ah, ok, I beg apologies! The thing is, absolutely no-one has heard of a HTP where i am, nor any Stel dealers anywhere near here, and of course dealers are only going to know what they have to know about the models they come up against.

Been searching about a bit more on this subject of independent EP/EN, here's Zank and Dave's comments on a thread found on here:

https://weldingweb.com/showthread.ph...nd-EP-amperage

Thanks for finding that link