Shield fogging, what do you pros use?
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Shield fogging, what do you pros use?

I’m not a fan of wearing safety glasses all the time. I prefer like hearing stuff to have them all over yo toss on and off again. I normally prefer to use a shield, why ,it’s simple. I just won’t like most everyone else who is honest keep guards on my grinders. I’d rather tuck my chin and be careful.
    My one gripe is fogging! About the best I can do here in cold country is to breath out the side of my mouth as gently as possible. Put on a 3m dust respirator and forget it, almost hopeless. Any fantastic antifogs out there you find actually work??

Re: Shield fogging, what do you pros use?

Put on a 3M down draft respirator like one of these, and your hood or shield will never fog.

https://www.amazon.com/3M-Respirator...75MNG4Z0PHY5HP
    Millermatic 252
    Syncrowave 250
    Purox Metalmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Louie1961 View Post
    Put on a 3M down draft respirator like one of these, and your hood or shield will never fog.

https://www.amazon.com/3M-Respirator...75MNG4Z0PHY5HP
    Dohhhh, Homer Simpson time. I’ve been buying those 6000s for years and never once thought to wonder why those others looked different! Somebody kick me

Yep, they are good respirators, light, compact & cheap, I remember back in the day I had a facepiece that had 2 hoses that placed the filter cartridges behind you, sometimes they still interfered with your hood, they were expensive, for what they were
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC MIG/STICK/TIG
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
    We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream".
    RONALD REAGAN

Another vote for the 3M 7500.
    I just got one myself and no more fogging of safety glasses and welding helmet. Another plus is they seal so much better on your face than the disposable respirator caps. With the diposable ones there's always a gap somewhere so you still breath in some of the bad stuff and have black gunk coming out of your nose after grinding or welding.
    Kemppi minarc 150
    Esab powercut 400

Definitely gonna grab one of those. Those small P 100s I have a bag of should fit on there nicely enough. They’re flex as I ain’t Choosey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For cold weather fogging I like to heat the lenses up with a hair dryer.

Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post
    I’m not a fan of wearing safety glasses all the time. I prefer like hearing stuff to have them all over yo toss on and off again. I normally prefer to use a shield, why ,it’s simple. I just won’t like most everyone else who is honest keep guards on my grinders. I’d rather tuck my chin and be careful.
    My one gripe is fogging! About the best I can do here in cold country is to breath out the side of my mouth as gently as possible. Put on a 3m dust respirator and forget it, almost hopeless. Any fantastic antifogs out there you find actually work??
    got this from mine safety appliances.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    i.u.o.e. # 15
    queens, ny and sunny fla

personally i think every weld mask should come with a respirator like stated (not really, because be free do as you want as long as it dont harm others) but they really should always wear a resp and a hood welding.

no matter if you work hard enough long enough it will all fog. first step is fog wipes or spit. next step is forced air. miller makes a good unit as do others
    General Contractor
    Commercial Industrial & Custom Residential
    Specializing in all things Metal