Canadian red seal test
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Canadian red seal test

Anybody got any idea how long it takes to see test results show up online from the welding 456A test in Ontario? I got a hot tip that if you have your membership set up online to OCOT you see your status change to journeyman if you passed. I did it last wednesday, figure thats enough time for them to get the test and run it through a scantron machine.

While Im at it I really only weld pipe so anybody taken a look at the 456P (pressure systems welder) apprenticeship Ontario has online? I'm wondering what the deal with that is?

Thanks,

Mike

Re: Canadian red seal test

mike; i have no clue but i'm pulling for you.
    i.u.o.e. # 15
    queens, ny and sunny fla

Quote Originally Posted by docwelder View Post
    mike; i have no clue but i'm pulling for you.
    Thanks man!

I've got no idea what my mark was but I passed, Just for anyone who searches for this same thing later I wrote the test on a wednesday and the results showed up online today (Thursday) so 8 calendar days. What I did was phone up OCOT to get a pin code to set up my online account, when you pass your exam your status changes to "journeyman" online. I also had an email this morning to check for my exam results online, no actual results, just showing my status as being a journeyman.

You do see it online in their membership records before you get the letter in the mail.
    If I remember correctly, mine was a couple weeks before I found out I had passed.
    Jason
    Lincoln Idealarc 250 stick/tig
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Miller Bobcat 250
    Torchmate CNC table
    Thermal Arc Hefty 2
    Ironworkers Local 720

I got HET red seal it took weeks to show the results

I just got my actual results in an email today, I just want my damn card and all that crap already, Ontario college of trades said its another 4 weeks to get it because its handled by a third party so no idea what they do, I'm not working right now and it doesnt seem to make sense to me to apply for jobs before i get it.

Yes. It does take that long to get your card and C of Q.
    If your already a paid member of the OCT, it should be being processed. If your not a paid member yet, you will have to pay the yearly membership fee then it will start the process of getting the card produced and your C of Q.
    Jason
    Lincoln Idealarc 250 stick/tig
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Miller Bobcat 250
    Torchmate CNC table
    Thermal Arc Hefty 2
    Ironworkers Local 720

Quote Originally Posted by snoeproe View Post
    Yes. It does take that long to get your card and C of Q.
    If your already a paid member of the OCT, it should be being processed. If your not a paid member yet, you will have to pay the yearly membership fee then it will start the process of getting the card produced and your C of Q.

Ya i checked, I dont owe money apparently, I would have thought I did, I was paying dues as an apprentice but theyve ended dues for apprentices now.

I actually just got my "journeymans candidate card in the mail, the delay seems ridiculous.