Thermal Dynamic Cutmaster 81
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Thermal Dynamic Cutmaster 81

I have the cutmaster 81. It's never been used and it says that it's 400V 1/3phase. When I look at the eletrical hook up it says that it can be setup 120/240/400/600 1/3 phase. Does anyone know if I can hook it up 240 1 phase? If not then i guess I'll just sell it.

Re: Thermal Dynamic Cutmaster 81

I'll give ya $1 for it.

There should be jumpers in it. Check your manual.
    My name's not Jim....

yeah i wish that I had a manual for it. I wonder if I can get a pdf for it. And I'll take a lot more then a $1. I would sell that damn thing for $800 if I could get that.

I'd be glad to send you a .pdf manual for Cutmaster 81. I've had a CM81 for 5 yrs. It's been a very good machine. File is about 1.3 meg.

PM sent
    Richard

I went to look in my manual, but it's already been packed up and moved to my other place. Where ya located? Consider trades?
    My name's not Jim....

Brand new?? Never been used??? No owner's manual??? how hot is it???

No it's not hot. I got it off a shop that was going out of buisness. The bought it and didn't know it was 460V so they couldn't use it since they only had 240V 1Phase. They had to unload it and the rest of there stuff and I figured I would get it since it was cheap and I could sell it for more then what I paid if I couldn't use it.

I'm in Texas and what do you have for a trade? I'll have to think about it if I cant get it to work.

Never mind, I just opened mine up to take a peek. Looks like you're fooked.
    My name's not Jim....

does yours not say on the powersupply that it can be used for all those volt's? I guess I'll send thermal dynamic a email tomorrow and see what I can do about it.

I don't think so. Inside, the power cord is hooked to a something I would call a contactor or relay. Behind that is a board that has a few different choices for power.

208/230

Mine has a little sticker next to the 208/230 option. That says to me that the same board is used for all options, but the components differ and they label them afterwards. So....I think you would have to get a whole new board and it's a biggie and prolly expensive too. That's just my opinion though. I could be wrong. Maybe if you kiss the right ***, a sales rep or service center would swap you boards? Maybe cost you a fraction of buying the board outright?

I know I paid about $2k for my cutmaster 81 new and there are sometimes I don't know what I would do without it.
    My name's not Jim....

If you want and manual. go to the thermal dynamics wed site. select the literature tab
    then service or operators manuals. Then find cutmaster 81.
    It looks to me like there are three machines. A single phase 208/230 volt.
    a 400 volt ce 3 phase and a 460 three phase. the 400v ce machine has an extra
    filter on the line. and is made for use outside the USA
    http://www.thermadyne.com/IM_Uploads...0_300X2957.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by OHT View Post
    I'd be glad to send you a .pdf manual for Cutmaster 81. I've had a CM81 for 5 yrs. It's been a very good machine. File is about 1.3 meg.

PM sent
    Richard
    I just picked up a custmaster 81 and am looking for pdf manual for unit would gratly appricaiate if you could send file.

Thanks Mike

You can download them from TD. First link below is OM for CM81. Second link is there download page. On the left you can choose what you want. I like TD because you can even download service manuals! If you have problems let me know. I can e-mail you .pdf.

http://www.thermadyne.com/IM_Uploads...0_300X2956.pdf

http://www.thermadyne.com/thermaldyn...s&categoryID=4

PS. You should also download the torch manual 0-2962 (for SL60 if thats what you have)

There were 5 versions of the CUTMASTER 81 made. Each had a unique main pcb and these units are single voltage. The 400 volt version was made for Asia, although somebody could have bought one in the US.
    Call or e-mail the TD tech line with the serial number and they will tell you whatever you need to know.

Hello, Hoping you can assist me. Just purchased a used Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81..(I have a Hypertherm 1250-G3, I've used for 8 years) 1st attempted power up failure. Ran 80 PSI 'clean' air to it..(I could have run the Nitrogen line over from the Hypertherm, but this was just a test.) Unit Powers up 1/2 a second..You hear a somewhat loud "click" internally..The air flow control works..But no DC current or pilot arc. I just haven't gotten into it yet. Hoping this would be a well known issue to get a quicker answer...Rather than hours of going through the trouble shooting manual. Turning the machine on again... Simply repeats itself..You do hear the internal fan running.. Your thoughts ? Hoping I posted this correctly.. My 1st post in this forum.