HTP taking ProPulse 200 trade-in's for ProPulse 300 purchases - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: HTP taking ProPulse 200 trade-in's for ProPulse 300 purchases

Quote Originally Posted by DawgBus View Post
    I guess all I'm saying, I like the products offered. I like the platform this company seems to be built on; customer service and quality product trumps suit pockets stuffed with bills. My mind is open to new things and I don't see myself regretting my HTP purchase in five or ten years. Just have to wait and see I guess!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Thanks for keeping it on-track! I saw some old posts on the AWS forum, some dating back to 2002, where people were wondering if they purchased a (then available) invertig 201, if the company HTP would still be around in 10 years in case they needed service. Well granted the 201 is NLA due to the successor Invertig 221, but here we are almost 20 years later!

Speaking of old posts, I found this one too:

My, my! How times change!
    1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling signature!

HTP Invertig 221
    HTP ProPulse 300 MIG
    HTP ProPulse 200 MIG x2
    HTP ProPulse 220 MTS
    HTP Inverarc 200 TLP
    HTP Microcut 875SC

Quote Originally Posted by vpd66 View Post
    An XMT doing everything better is your opinion. I weld at work everyday with XMT and MPA welders on steel, aluminum, and galvanized. I bought a Pro Pulse 200 for at home use and I think it welds better. It has a smoother arc on steel and the Pro Pulse's aluminum pulse program is way better then anything Miller has to offer. You may think different but this is my real world comparison and opinion.
    While I'm a bit of an XMT fanboy, I agree really - the Miller synergic pulse programs have been outdated for years. My 20 yearold XMT and optima has the same synergic lines as a new 350MPA, which is kinda disappointing if you're buying new, not so bad if you're happy with old...! The hardware is still top notch, that's why it's so friggin expensive to buy new.

Lincoln, Lorch, HTP/Stel, Fronius, Kemppi, GYS - all doing new and innovative things with pulse arc. ESAB and Miller seem to be falling behind in the cutting-edge tech development.

I still think Oscar has more to do with HTP than he lets on. Or maybe he just fancies Heather
    Last edited by Munkul; 08-07-2019 at 11:01 AM.

Lol, not at all. Call them and ask them if you wish. I've just become a good customer over the years, as they have treated me very well, so I'm paying it back/forward. I have a good job in public education on an almost-administrator-level here in Texas at a STEM charter school, so I'm able to afford a lot of cool toys, such as metal working stuff, welders, $10k stereo for music, guitars. Cool stuff. And I'm getting a massive raise this year thanks to Texas House Bill-3 for public schools. So who knows what the future will bring for me!
    Last edited by Oscar; 08-07-2019 at 02:09 PM.

HTP Invertig 221
    HTP ProPulse 300 MIG
    HTP ProPulse 200 MIG x2
    HTP ProPulse 220 MTS
    HTP Inverarc 200 TLP
    HTP Microcut 875SC

Oscar: "I want one as well but can't justify buying one..."

-**7-1/2 years later**-

Oscar: "... just picked up my sixth machine today!"

Hahaha! How times have changed, indeed.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Lol, not at all. Call them and ask them if you wish. I've just become a good customer over the years, as they have treated me very well, so I'm paying it back/forward. I have a good job in public education on an almost-administrator-level here in Texas at a STEM charter school, so I'm able to afford a lot of cool toys, such as metal working stuff, welders, $10k stereo for music, guitars. Cool stuff. And I'm getting a massive raise this year thanks to Texas House Bill-3 for public schools. So who knows what the future will bring for me!
    Thanks none of that has anything to do with this thread try the off topic section, hahaha, easy Rockafeller, I'm sure the taxpayers are thrilled you have a 10k stereo and 6 welders that are basically unused, worst thing for a inverter is sitting, and I was just saying the other machine glues metal together also, I used to think you were ok but now I see anyone who doesn't agree gets shut down, now go watch the drive roll for a year make sure it doesn't have run out, even though it doesn't make a difference in the bottom line, another equipment junky

HTP Invertig 221
    HTP ProPulse 300 MIG
    HTP ProPulse 200 MIG x2
    HTP ProPulse 220 MTS
    HTP Inverarc 200 TLP
    HTP Microcut 875SC

Let's be fair, you're just jealous.

I'm down to two welders personally, but if I had the budget I'd have the following from my preferred welder brand:

Lorch Micorstick - 240v inverter stick
    Lorch S5 Saprom - heavy duty pulse mig
    Lorch V30 - heavy duty production tig
    Lorch HT 200 - 240v portable tig
    Problem is, Lorch don't have a 240v portable inverter MIG so to complete the line-up I'd have to have something like an EWM pico mig...

See where I'm going with this? Would I need em? Not really... the XMT and the HT200 I have atm cover every actual business need right now. Although I probably will sell the XMT and get a Saprom when I break even on the £6k I've already invested in gear this year.

Just because Oscar has acheived his dream of a shed full of shiny machines... jealousy

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

This type of thing can also be viewed as a silent recall. Especially when they are doing a blanket deal. Not wanting to draw attention to some aspect of the unit and handling it by offering an upgrade at nominal additional expense. In most ways you look at it, it is going to cost money to HTP to do this if they've sold all it appears...UNLESS they are seriously overcharging for the units to begin with. Companies, even good ones don't loose money out of the goodness of their hearts. And they certainly don't glut the market and provide their own competition with reman or used units that compete with the very product they are trying to promote at an even cheaper, discounted price. It is totally counter productive to tie up money in used machines unless you blow them out, and then you take less profit on both units. It definitely is a good deal if you want to upgrade, but to offer such a deal, someone is going to have to pay for it. Not to be jaded or anything...but...
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

All welding companies have a very good margin built into their products. Dealers then have a good margin built on top of this. It's the nature of the business! Between the dealer and the manufacturer, they have to cover the entire R&D and returns budget from selling a very low volume product.

this special offer from HTP can only be a good thing. They want more brand recognition and more new units out into the marketplace, and to do that, they have to suck it up and offer special deals.

Why do Miller and Lincoln not have to do this? - Because every professional welder in the world knows and recognises their brand already, built up over many, many decades!

If it were a "silent" recall, we'd have heard of many more failures than we have already. No company recalls products unless they are absolutely forced to.

Quote Originally Posted by Munkul View Post
    They want more brand recognition and more new units out into the marketplace, and to do that, they have to suck it up and offer special deals.
    Yup, when I asked they said it's just an inventory-reduction type of promotion. They have the machines in stock, they want to get more of them out the door, so they're incentivizing the sale. If they needed to recall the smaller Pro Pulse unit's they wouldn't be offering ► this other crazy promotion ! ◄. So much for a "silent" recall on Pro Pulse machines.
    Last edited by Oscar; 08-08-2019 at 09:48 AM.

HTP Invertig 221
    HTP ProPulse 300 MIG
    HTP ProPulse 200 MIG x2
    HTP ProPulse 220 MTS
    HTP Inverarc 200 TLP
    HTP Microcut 875SC

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

There definitely can be a difference in in-stock units and ones already sold. The new ones can have a "fix" and can be sold. The old ones may not have the fix. It doesn't make sense to try to reduce inventory, by taking old units back in and putting them into inventory just to sell another unit. The numbers don't add up. It also doesn't make sense in light of the fact, they are expanding their market base by trading in old units and re- selling back to old customers. That's not expanding. That's status quo at best. Trying to increase their name I can understand, but it doesn't take a marketing genius to figure out that selling back to old customers doesn't do much for increasing sales through anything but a little word of mouth and good will in the least effective way possible.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Let's be fair, you're just jealous.

I'm down to two welders personally, but if I had the budget I'd have the following from my preferred welder brand:

Lorch Micorstick - 240v inverter stick
    Lorch S5 Saprom - heavy duty pulse mig
    Lorch V30 - heavy duty production tig
    Lorch HT 200 - 240v portable tig
    Problem is, Lorch don't have a 240v portable inverter MIG so to complete the line-up I'd have to have something like an EWM pico mig...

See where I'm going with this? Would I need em? Not really... the XMT and the HT200 I have atm cover every actual business need right now. Although I probably will sell the XMT and get a Saprom when I break even on the £6k I've already invested in gear this year.

Just because Oscar has acheived his dream of a shed full of shiny machines... jealousy
    I don't know if you are aiming this at me,but I tried a 221 before and it was just another welder and hard to navigate my dynasty was way more user friendly and when I bought it only cost 2100 bucks ( long time ago) the lincoln precision tigs 275 375 arc puts anything else I've tried to shame and over the years I tried machines from a lot of countries, hell I tried a primeweld 220 or 225 and except for the pedal I would put it up against the dynasty or htp, I sold my precision tig years ago cause I have an aerowave 375 which is admittedly better on aluminum than the lincoln , I am jealous hahaha but at the end of the day I'd rather have what I have, maybe during fabtech this year I'll check these htp out more, they are having a open house at their warehouse only a few miles from my shack

Quote Originally Posted by pat h View Post
    I don't know if you are aiming this at me,but I tried a 221 before and it was just another welder and hard to navigate my dynasty was way more user friendly and when I bought it only cost 2100 bucks ( long time ago) the lincoln precision tigs 275 375 arc puts anything else I've tried to shame and over the years I tried machines from a lot of countries, hell I tried a primeweld 220 or 225 and except for the pedal I would put it up against the dynasty or htp, I sold my precision tig years ago cause I have an aerowave 375 which is admittedly better on aluminum than the lincoln , I am jealous hahaha but at the end of the day I'd rather have what I have, maybe during fabtech this year I'll check these htp out more, they are having a open house at their warehouse only a few miles from my shack
    Nah it's all good mate, I'm not hating on you because you know what you prefer brand-wise, that's your personal preference, i don't have any particular brand loyalty other than what's currently the "best" for my needs at any given time, including value for money, technology, and quality. I prefer "1st tier" machines though, not through brand snobbery (athough there is a bit of it), but through resale value, warranty, and a top notch dealer.
    These days most of them are good, even second tier brands, and the second tier (mostly chinese good quality machines) generally comes down to dealer support now.

I do like the look of the offerings from Stel/HTP though, they're offering things and features that 1st tier brands are not, and the only thing keeping them out of "1st tier" is market share and brand recognition. If they didn't have a quality product, I think we'd know about it by now.

I dunno... I'm probably just rambling
    Last edited by Munkul; 08-09-2019 at 04:38 AM.

Nah it's all good mate, I'm not hating on you because you know what you prefer brand-wise, that's your personal preference, i don't have any particular brand loyalty other than what's currently the "best" for my needs at any given time, including value for money, technology, and quality. I prefer "1st tier" machines though, not through brand snobbery (athough there is a bit of it), but through resale value, warranty, and a top notch dealer.
    These days most of them are good, even second tier brands, and the second tier (mostly chinese good quality machines) generally comes down to dealer support now.

I do like the look of the offerings from Stel/HTP though, they're offering things and features that 1st tier brands are not, and the only thing keeping them out of "1st tier" is market share and brand recognition. If they didn't have a quality product, I think we'd know about it by now.

I dunno... I'm probably just rambling
    Hahaha me prefer miller, never, just very common in Chicagoland, Lincolns 10 years ago were almost impossible to find around here they are common place, I sold 3 lincoln welders in my life and they were all sold with in 4 hours of putting on craigslist, millers usually within a week, because of the yearly price increases I almost always got back what I payed, I am definitely not a miller cheerleader if you read some of my posts, I just use what works and when I'm done I sell it, I ain't much of a mig welder fan but the Panasonic 260 was probably the best I used,

Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    There definitely can be a difference in in-stock units and ones already sold. The new ones can have a "fix" and can be sold. The old ones may not have the fix. It doesn't make sense to try to reduce inventory, by taking old units back in and putting them into inventory just to sell another unit. The numbers don't add up. It also doesn't make sense in light of the fact, they are expanding their market base by trading in old units and re- selling back to old customers. That's not expanding. That's status quo at best. Trying to increase their name I can understand, but it doesn't take a marketing genius to figure out that selling back to old customers doesn't do much for increasing sales through anything but a little word of mouth and good will in the least effective way possible.
    I do see your points, but as you yourself said, "can", "may" are not a definitive assertions since neither you or I work there at HTP, so it's all speculation on your behalf at this point. It doesn't make sense to me either, but then again I'm not an accountant/finance officer nor anything at HTP so I'm not gonna draw any conclusions on my own. Obviously, they will do what they want to do, and I'll leave it at that.
    Last edited by Oscar; 08-12-2019 at 10:46 AM.

HTP Invertig 221
    HTP ProPulse 300 MIG
    HTP ProPulse 200 MIG x2
    HTP ProPulse 220 MTS
    HTP Inverarc 200 TLP
    HTP Microcut 875SC