Need help running a syncrowave 210 on a generator ?
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Need help running a syncrowave 210 on a generator ?

Hi y’all I have a syncrowave 210 and was wondering if it will be ok to run it off of a 240v 2500w generator the generator has a 240v/20A twist lock receptacle and and says genterator is rated for 60hz was going to make a pig tail to plug the welder in but wanted to confirm it would run it before I spend the money on making the pig tail
    Last edited by terp393; 08-04-2019 at 10:32 PM.

Re: Need help running a syncrowave 210 on a generator ?

2500 watts is a tiny generator.

Any time I'm going to run a miller off a generator I just send miller tech support an email and they tell me if it's ok.

Only takes a day or so.
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Airco 300 - Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by terp393 View Post
    Hi y’all I have a syncrowave 210 and was wondering if it will be ok to run it off of a 240v 2500w generator the generator has a 240v/20A twist lock receptacle and and says genterator is rated for 60hz was going to make a pig tail to plug the welder in but wanted to confirm it would run it before I spend the money on making the pig tail
    2500 watt Genset @240v is 11 amps. Isn't going to happen using a welder looking for 30 amps. And I doubt that is a clean 11 amp output.

Quote Originally Posted by kize View Post
    And I doubt that is a clean 11 amp output.
    Thats the first thing I was thinking...

Good way to fry a $3000 inverter machine.
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221

True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

Quote Originally Posted by terp393 View Post
    You are pulling our legs, right?
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Sales and Repairs--Ebay store
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's

Not gonna happen

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

The 210 is an odd little 120v/240v machine.

Since it has the MVP plug and can run on 120v, a simple 15amp 120v circuit should do. Any of those close by?

You'll be limited in output amps but it is what it is.

Obviously for max output, it does require a 30amp 240v circuit and as mentioned that little 2500watt generator isnt going to cut it.

Someone else mentioned "clean" power. The problem with little generators is that they don't have the mass to keep them running at a constant speed when it is hit with a power surge like a welding machine. No bueno.

Even though a wall receptacle is rated the same, the wall receptacle is backed up by the Power Company generator.
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.com/
    MM252
    MM211 (Sold)
    Passport Plus & Spool gun
    Lincoln SP135 Plus- (Gone to a good home)
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    SO 2020 bender
    Beer in the fridge

thats funny... I just demonstrated for onea my friends who thought he could run his plasma cutter off a 3500 generator why thats a non starter... took me a second to show him I plugged onea my miller 110 spot welders into his 3500 watt generator and gave it a 10 second run.. the generator was actually hopping around and struggling so bad I thought we'd needa do cpr on the thing.. let off the trigger and it went back to purring... yea it had a 20 amp outlet and yea the spot welder needed a 20 amp outlet and it did in fact make a solid spot weld.... but how long would the generator live being pulled dow n that hard and second.. thats a simple transformer spot welder what do ya spose it would do to something with delicate circuite boards like an inverter?

it was hilarious to watch though I mean that generator was hopping around like it was tryin to run away just didn't know which way to run..