Questions about Purox and Linde w-200 torch
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Questions about Purox and Linde w-200 torch

I have several questions concerning My inherited Linde W-200 torch. I like the torch, But.....
    1) Mine says Linde W-200 Torch on the handle, but I can't find a linde dealer; distributor in my area, or, when I made 6 calls to several linde phone numbers I found on line at Linde's web sites, all were for gas manufacturing plants!?? what is going on there? Has Linde stopped making torches? Stopped servicing their torches? And Only makes gasses now? Counter men at My local welding suppliers have never heard of Linde torches, only Victor, and Smith? is that crazy?

2) Is my W-200 now obsolete?
    3) Are rebuild kits available for me to rebuild my torch?
    4) Was My Linde torch, actually made by Purox?
    5) Are the brazing tips for my torch, just a push in type and there is no nut to tighten? because the tip with mine has no nut and no threads, just 2 o rings on the 'shaft' that goes inside the torch handle. Ive not used the brazing tip just the cutting head.
    6) Why does the cutting head body for my torch say Purox on it? And instead, why not Linde?
    7) why is there black soot inside the w-200's torch 'handle' just above the fuel and oxy, nobs, and where, the cutting head would thread onto the body?
    8) Is Krytox still the recommended lube for the o rings and seals in a oxyacetylene torch? or are there others?

Re: Questions about Purox and Linde w-200 torch

At work most of us use a w-200 torch for brazing copper pipe. I have seen them with different names on the handle such as prest o lite, and purox. I know for sure that they don't make them anymore, but you can still get tips for them. Their is a nut that you slide over the tip and threads on the handle to hold the tip in. Black soot in the handle is normal, just make sure when you are using it that you have it turned up enough that your flame isn't burning inside the tip.

I don't know all the past history of Linde torches (and Purox, Oxweld and some others) but those brands now belong to ESAB. The ESAB web site will have owners manuals and parts listings. Google search on the part numbers and you can usually find what you need on line. I have bought welding and cutting tips for my Purox torch from Amazon, gossonline.com, atlweldingsupply.com, and weldingsupply.com

Is this the torch you have? https://www.esab.com.br/literature/a...attachment.pdf

Here is a newer version of the manual for basically the same torch https://www.esabna.com/literature/ar...attachment.pdf
    Millermatic 252
    Syncrowave 250
    Purox Metalmaster

Thank you! helpful info!!

Very helpful info! thank you!
    and yes those links do show my torch.
    thank you to all, for now I have answers! and I now know what to Linde torches.