Need advice On Lincoln wire matic 250
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Need advice On Lincoln wire matic 250

I have a chance on buying a lincoln wire matic 250 for $800 includes about a 120 cf bottle. I doesn't look like was used hard. I will be going back when they have a place to plug in and fire it up. my question is.....I am a Miller fan ...but this seems like a good deal...anyone have any input I would appreciate your advice good or bad...I need it soon because she wants to sell it by this week-end....TY in advance!

Re: Need advice On Lincoln wire matic 250

I think it's a wirematic 255. I wish I would have returned mine when I bought it. Fussy fugger and was a disappointment compared to the 180 class T I have which is near flawless. The 255 doesn't have much if any fan club. I wouldn't give 800 for it, the ottle does take a little edge off.
    No 2 rolls of wire ever run the same, I avoid using it actually. Would gladly trade it for a 251.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Sberry; 08-06-2019 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sberry View Post
    I think it's a wirematic 255. I wish I would have returned mine when I bought it. Fussy fugger and was a disappointment compared to the 180 class T I have which is near flawless. The 255 doesn't have much if any fan club. I wouldn't give 800 for it, the ottle does take a little edge off.
    No 2 rolls of wire ever run the same, I avoid using it actually. Would gladly trade it for a 251.
    No this is a Lincoln wirematic 250 for sure....not 255
    I would attach image but don't know how on here?
    Last edited by Flexo6; 08-06-2019 at 10:04 PM.

Here is image of welderName:  Lincoln.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  92.9 KB
    Not actual welder ...just a pic of what I am looking at.

I am not sure abut the 250. There certainly can be a difference from one to another. MM250 had some problems, the 251 was a star. My experience with it is loiter to 035 wire too.
    I have welded a lot of wire but not so many machines, I own 3 or 4 wire machines, used a dozen others and this is the worst I have used. I haven't ran all the stand alone Linc models. Have used all the modern Hobart, Miller 200, 210, 251. I was happy with my other red one when I bought this in early 90's, before putter stuff. They had digital and dial, dials were 300 cheaper, had I ran them side by side first I would have got blue in this class.
    How this applies to the 250 at that price is a guess, as I said, bottle is a factor.