Looking for a Millermatic 135
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    82

    Looking for a Millermatic 135

    I am looking for a Millermatic 135 MIG welder. It is an older welder, but for the materials and process that I work with, it is perfect. Do you have this welder in your shop gathering dust? I would like to talk about buying it from you. Thanks

    -Eddie

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Delavan WI
    Posts
    436

    Re: Looking for a Millermatic 135

    Sold mine to my cousin two years ago, sorry. It was a nice machine for 3/16" or less, smooth arc with c25.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    n.w. of chicago
    Posts
    850

    Re: Looking for a Millermatic 135

    Don't leave out the lincoln sp 125 130 135 140, I'm not much of a mig fan but they always seemed way smoother and better built, I had a miller 130, 90% of the sheetmetal companies I worked with used the lincolns, and I'm definitely in the blue belt region

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    82

    Re: Looking for a Millermatic 135

    Quote Originally Posted by flushcut View Post
    Sold mine to my cousin two years ago, sorry. It was a nice machine for 3/16" or less, smooth arc with c25.
    Thanks for the reply. yes, I use c25, but for stainless... a very specific use.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    82

    Re: Looking for a Millermatic 135

    Yes, I've used a 125 in my application in the past. But now, all my machines are Miller. I use my current Millermatic 135 on a daily basis, and want to make a second welding station to increase productivity, using the same exact setup. Helps with interchanging parts and repairs if needed. Makes life easier. I'll keep looking. Thanks-

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    82

    Re: Looking for a Millermatic 135

    Quote Originally Posted by pat h View Post
    Don't leave out the lincoln sp 125 130 135 140, I'm not much of a mig fan but they always seemed way smoother and better built, I had a miller 130, 90% of the sheetmetal companies I worked with used the lincolns, and I'm definitely in the blue belt region
    Yes, I've used a 125 in my application in the past. But now, all my machines are Miller. I use my current Millermatic 135 on a daily basis, and want to make a second welding station to increase productivity, using the same exact setup. Helps with interchanging parts and repairs if needed. Makes life easier. I'll keep looking. Thanks-

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    138

    Re: Looking for a Millermatic 135

    I have a millermatic 130 gathering dust, any interest?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    city of Four Flags
    Posts
    1,853

    Re: Looking for a Millermatic 135

    Some of the older Hobart Handlers may be very similar.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    82

    Re: Looking for a Millermatic 135

    Quote Originally Posted by winniweld View Post
    I have a millermatic 130 gathering dust, any interest?
    never used the 130, so, though it might do the job, I can't be certain. Thanks for replying though.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    82

    Re: Looking for a Millermatic 135

    Quote Originally Posted by vwguy3 View Post
    Some of the older Hobart Handlers may be very similar.
    I have heard that. thanks.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    8,811

    Re: Looking for a Millermatic 135

    The Miller first generation 140 autoset would be perfect too. Basically the same just a few more amps and autoset.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    82

    Re: Looking for a Millermatic 135

    Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    The Miller first generation 140 autoset would be perfect too. Basically the same just a few more amps and autoset.
    yes, I have this welder too. It is the autoset that doesn't work for me. I need full wire speed, amps and gas flow immediately. The 140 cant do that. And I have a 252 that CAN be set for all that, but with 023 stainless wire, the high amperage doesn't work right.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    8,811

    Re: Looking for a Millermatic 135

    Quote Originally Posted by HokieEd View Post
    yes, I have this welder too. It is the autoset that doesn't work for me. I need full wire speed, amps and gas flow immediately. The 140 cant do that. And I have a 252 that CAN be set for all that, but with 023 stainless wire, the high amperage doesn't work right.
    I use my 140 auto set with .023 stainless and it works for me on autoset.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    82

    Re: Looking for a Millermatic 135

    Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    I use my 140 auto set with .023 stainless and it works for me on autoset.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, it does. I have welded stainless with mine, too. My application just needs a setup the 140 can't produce, but the 135 can.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Southern CT
    Posts
    550

    Re: Looking for a Millermatic 135

    Quote Originally Posted by HokieEd View Post
    I am looking for a Millermatic 135 MIG welder. It is an older welder, but for the materials and process that I work with, it is perfect. Do you have this welder in your shop gathering dust? I would like to talk about buying it from you. Thanks

    -Eddie
    I know someone who inherited the 135 practically new, used once or twice and still in the box. He has another MIG already and I can ask if his is interested in selling the 135. What do you think would be a fair amount for both parties? I will relay the info.
    Ernie F.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    82

    Re: Looking for a Millermatic 135

    Quote Originally Posted by metalman21 View Post
    I know someone who inherited the 135 practically new, used once or twice and still in the box. He has another MIG already and I can ask if his is interested in selling the 135. What do you think would be a fair amount for both parties? I will relay the info.
    If it is as you describe, I think a fair market value would be around $600. Maybe more, if it is really a Gem. Used units have recently sold on FB and ebay for between $400 and $550. But the most I've seen one go for was I think an unused and new Millermatic 135 for $675 on ebay. What state is your friend in?

    Thanks.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Southern CT
    Posts
    550

    Re: Looking for a Millermatic 135

    First I will ask if he is interested in selling it and I'll let you know. I know he has yet to do anything with it or even try it out. We are in CT.
    Ernie F.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
RSS | Home | Penton Media | Contact Us | Subscribe | For Advertisers | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement