Looking for a Millermatic 135
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Looking for a Millermatic 135

I am looking for a Millermatic 135 MIG welder. It is an older welder, but for the materials and process that I work with, it is perfect. Do you have this welder in your shop gathering dust? I would like to talk about buying it from you. Thanks

-Eddie

Re: Looking for a Millermatic 135

Sold mine to my cousin two years ago, sorry. It was a nice machine for 3/16" or less, smooth arc with c25.

Don't leave out the lincoln sp 125 130 135 140, I'm not much of a mig fan but they always seemed way smoother and better built, I had a miller 130, 90% of the sheetmetal companies I worked with used the lincolns, and I'm definitely in the blue belt region

Quote Originally Posted by flushcut View Post
    Sold mine to my cousin two years ago, sorry. It was a nice machine for 3/16" or less, smooth arc with c25.
    Thanks for the reply. yes, I use c25, but for stainless... a very specific use.

Yes, I've used a 125 in my application in the past. But now, all my machines are Miller. I use my current Millermatic 135 on a daily basis, and want to make a second welding station to increase productivity, using the same exact setup. Helps with interchanging parts and repairs if needed. Makes life easier. I'll keep looking. Thanks-

Quote Originally Posted by pat h View Post
    Don't leave out the lincoln sp 125 130 135 140, I'm not much of a mig fan but they always seemed way smoother and better built, I had a miller 130, 90% of the sheetmetal companies I worked with used the lincolns, and I'm definitely in the blue belt region
    Yes, I've used a 125 in my application in the past. But now, all my machines are Miller. I use my current Millermatic 135 on a daily basis, and want to make a second welding station to increase productivity, using the same exact setup. Helps with interchanging parts and repairs if needed. Makes life easier. I'll keep looking. Thanks-

I have a millermatic 130 gathering dust, any interest?

Some of the older Hobart Handlers may be very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by winniweld View Post
    I have a millermatic 130 gathering dust, any interest?
    never used the 130, so, though it might do the job, I can't be certain. Thanks for replying though.

Quote Originally Posted by vwguy3 View Post
    Some of the older Hobart Handlers may be very similar.
    I have heard that. thanks.

The Miller first generation 140 autoset would be perfect too. Basically the same just a few more amps and autoset.

Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    The Miller first generation 140 autoset would be perfect too. Basically the same just a few more amps and autoset.
    yes, I have this welder too. It is the autoset that doesn't work for me. I need full wire speed, amps and gas flow immediately. The 140 cant do that. And I have a 252 that CAN be set for all that, but with 023 stainless wire, the high amperage doesn't work right.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieEd View Post
    yes, I have this welder too. It is the autoset that doesn't work for me. I need full wire speed, amps and gas flow immediately. The 140 cant do that. And I have a 252 that CAN be set for all that, but with 023 stainless wire, the high amperage doesn't work right.
    I use my 140 auto set with .023 stainless and it works for me on autoset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    I use my 140 auto set with .023 stainless and it works for me on autoset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, it does. I have welded stainless with mine, too. My application just needs a setup the 140 can't produce, but the 135 can.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieEd View Post
    I am looking for a Millermatic 135 MIG welder. It is an older welder, but for the materials and process that I work with, it is perfect. Do you have this welder in your shop gathering dust? I would like to talk about buying it from you. Thanks

-Eddie
    I know someone who inherited the 135 practically new, used once or twice and still in the box. He has another MIG already and I can ask if his is interested in selling the 135. What do you think would be a fair amount for both parties? I will relay the info.
    Ernie F.

Quote Originally Posted by metalman21 View Post
    I know someone who inherited the 135 practically new, used once or twice and still in the box. He has another MIG already and I can ask if his is interested in selling the 135. What do you think would be a fair amount for both parties? I will relay the info.
    If it is as you describe, I think a fair market value would be around $600. Maybe more, if it is really a Gem. Used units have recently sold on FB and ebay for between $400 and $550. But the most I've seen one go for was I think an unused and new Millermatic 135 for $675 on ebay. What state is your friend in?

Thanks.

First I will ask if he is interested in selling it and I'll let you know. I know he has yet to do anything with it or even try it out. We are in CT.
    Ernie F.