Copper scraper on sa 200 coming out welding barrel need replace
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Copper scraper on sa 200 coming out welding barrel need replace

Got sa 200 bought awhile back, copper thief cut all of the leads coming out of barrel at lead block and as far up selector switch so planning to split barrel and silver solder new wires if this correct way to do it?got any pointers? ,,try google it nothing pop up but that my game plan

Re: Copper scraper on sa 200 coming out welding barrel need replace

I'm glad you posted this. I am restoring my generator end as well and will need to do considerable lead replacement. I want to replace all the leads going to the selector switch (going thru the lead block) and a few others. Currently I am determining what size cable, length, lug requirements, and heat shrink requirements I will need. Some of the internal connections are the old school connect stranded to flat copper wrapped with copper wire and soldered. Those may pose a challenge. I am thinking about buying one of those hydraulic crimpers that crimp lugs in a hexagonal fashion for the eye lugs. I want all my connections to be mechanically sound as well electrically sound. Well insulated goes without saying. I want suggestions for high quality cable, lugs, and heat shrink tubing..........You probably do as well so let's see what kind of responses you get.

Thanks again for starting this thread.

Search the 1936 Sa 200 restoration page 8 and he goes over how to solder and crimp these cables.

https://weldingweb.com/showthread.ph...00-Restoration

Quote Originally Posted by guajilloweld03 View Post
    Search the 1936 Sa 200 restoration page 8 and he goes over how to solder and crimp these cables.

https://weldingweb.com/showthread.ph...00-Restoration
    wow going kill me again read that thread ,, he never finish the story! okay guess check it out again

There is a video of this guy making the repairs on the generator end. Also waiting to see finished machine.