1941 SA 200 Lincoln Welder For Sale
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 42
  1. #1

    1941 SA 200 Lincoln Welder For Sale

    Serial # D 21310

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    northeast USA
    Posts
    4,928

    Re: 1941 SA 200 Lincoln Welder For Sale

    you keep posting the same crap, how many times you going to post something for sale with no info..probably some scammer..

  3. #3

    Re: 1941 SA 200 Lincoln Welder For Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbytime View Post
    you keep posting the same crap, how many times you going to post something for sale with no info..probably some scammer..
    Sorry for the multiple post! New to the site. Not a scam, just trying sell the welder due to heart problems. I got the welder from Erath County, Precint #2 in Dublin TX.

    I worked there back in 1995 on bridges and used this machine. It sat for years and I purchased it. had to put a starter on it. My mechanic says it has a Hercules engine. Got it running and I have a guy putting in new brush springs! The plate on the front with serial # D 21310. It is on a trailer which you can see in the attached photos

    Please fell free to contact me!
    254-592-5338
    Attached Images Attached Images      

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    northeast USA
    Posts
    4,928

    Re: 1941 SA 200 Lincoln Welder For Sale

    gotcha, good luck selling, it sucks to get sick and have to sell off your stuff, seen too many people have to do that...

  5. #5

    Re: 1941 SA 200 Lincoln Welder For Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by 88bubba1 View Post
    Sorry for the multiple post! New to the site. Not a scam, just trying sell the welder due to heart problems. I got the welder from Erath County, Precint #2 in Dublin TX.

    I worked there back in 1995 on bridges and used this machine. It sat for years and I purchased it. had to put a starter on it. My mechanic says it has a Hercules engine. Got it running and I have a guy putting in new brush springs! The plate on the front with serial # D 21310. It is on a trailer which you can see in the attached photos

    Please fell free to contact me!
    254-592-5338
    Can anyone give me a estimated value of the machine?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Central Wa. state
    Posts
    2,563

    Re: 1941 SA 200 Lincoln Welder For Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by 88bubba1 View Post
    Can anyone give me a estimated value of the machine?
    That will be between you and the buyer... If it's running and welding with a working idler, Ask $8K and see what you get for offers. It's a nice original machine, don't give it away.
    Just curious, do you have a pic of the controls? That almost looks like an SAE generator. If it is both controls will have continuous settings rather than the 4-5 notches on the Current control. I had an old SAE 200 machine that was cobbled onto a willy's jeep engine with a chain coupler, but it could weld.

  7. #7

    Re: 1941 SA 200 Lincoln Welder For Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by 12V71 View Post
    That will be between you and the buyer... If it's running and welding with a working idler, Ask $8K and see what you get for offers. It's a nice original machine, don't give it away.
    Just curious, do you have a pic of the controls? That almost looks like an SAE generator. If it is both controls will have continuous settings rather than the 4-5 notches on the Current control. I had an old SAE 200 machine that was cobbled onto a willy's jeep engine with a chain coupler, but it could weld.
    I have attached a photo of the controls. Name:  IMG_2451.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  82.3 KB

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brethren, Mi
    Posts
    713

    Re: 1941 SA 200 Lincoln Welder For Sale

    8k? 800 would be a stretch.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    321

    Re: 1941 SA 200 Lincoln Welder For Sale

    What are specs? AC or dC or both? Stick only? Amperage output?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Under a Rock
    Posts
    4,650

    1941 SA 200 Lincoln Welder For Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Sberry View Post
    8k? 800 would be a stretch.
    $800 for a running SA200 ?

    line em up... I'll buy as many as you have. That way I can quadruple my money and quit my day job.

    .
    Last edited by John T; 08-11-2019 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Picture
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221


    True Wisdom only comes from Pain.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    northeast USA
    Posts
    4,928

    Re: 1941 SA 200 Lincoln Welder For Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by 88bubba1 View Post
    Can anyone give me a estimated value of the machine?
    best bet is to look at ebay and see what other people are asking for similar welders and go from there...Ive seen a few of your vintage going between 4k to 6k..what they actually sell for I dont know.....but you have nothing to lose by starting high and dropping in price to make the sale..

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Tucson Arizona
    Posts
    80

    Re: 1941 SA 200 Lincoln Welder For Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey.penfield View Post
    What are specs? AC or dC or both? Stick only? Amperage output?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    thats going to be 60-300 amps and all smooth DC current and yea Stick only nobody was building wire feeders for em back in 41, don't think they even had an ac plug on em that far back
    Last edited by monsoon-mech; 08-11-2019 at 09:03 AM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    321

    Re: 1941 SA 200 Lincoln Welder For Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by monsoon-mech View Post
    thats going to be 60-300 amps and all smooth DC current and yea Stick only nobody was building wire feeders for em back in 41, don't think they even had an ac plug on em that far back
    TIG was just being sold in 1941. MIG was not invented. Would anyone use this for anything besides a museum piece? It sounds like a repair nightmare for 300 amps of DC only stick.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,686

    Re: 1941 SA 200 Lincoln Welder For Sale

    I'd love to have one! They weld like honey running off ice cream...so smooth. How many working 71 year old welding machines do you know about?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Port Orchard, WA.
    Posts
    10,234

    Re: 1941 SA 200 Lincoln Welder For Sale

    I paid $250.00 for the 1948. $200.00 for the 1966. $12,500.00 for the 2016.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Don’t pay any attention to me
    I’m just a hobbyist!

    Carl

    Dynasty 300
    V350-Pro w/pulse
    SG Spool gun
    1937 IdealArc-300
    PowerArc 200ST
    3 SA-200s
    Vantage 400





  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    3,833

    Re: 1941 SA 200 Lincoln Welder For Sale

    Oooooooo!!!!

    I love new stuff but my wallet loves really old stuff

    I'm guessing that new welder is why you still have gravel on the floor... heh heh

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Port Orchard, WA.
    Posts
    10,234

    Re: 1941 SA 200 Lincoln Welder For Sale

    I keep the engine drive welders in a shed in front of the shop.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Don’t pay any attention to me
    I’m just a hobbyist!

    Carl

    Dynasty 300
    V350-Pro w/pulse
    SG Spool gun
    1937 IdealArc-300
    PowerArc 200ST
    3 SA-200s
    Vantage 400





  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    321

    Re: 1941 SA 200 Lincoln Welder For Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by CEP View Post
    I paid $250.00 for the 1948. $200.00 for the 1966. $12,500.00 for the 2016.
    When did you buy these and are you collecting them? Your 1948 and 1966 look amazing. They look cleaner than the 2016. Are you welding with the older models?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Port Orchard, WA.
    Posts
    10,234

    Re: 1941 SA 200 Lincoln Welder For Sale

    When I started out, all we had on the job was Short Hoods, and Red Face welders. So, I guess I’m some what collecting them.
    Here is what they looked like when I bought them.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Don’t pay any attention to me
    I’m just a hobbyist!

    Carl

    Dynasty 300
    V350-Pro w/pulse
    SG Spool gun
    1937 IdealArc-300
    PowerArc 200ST
    3 SA-200s
    Vantage 400





  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Port Orchard, WA.
    Posts
    10,234

    Re: 1941 SA 200 Lincoln Welder For Sale

    Here is a picture of my 1954, and 1974.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Don’t pay any attention to me
    I’m just a hobbyist!

    Carl

    Dynasty 300
    V350-Pro w/pulse
    SG Spool gun
    1937 IdealArc-300
    PowerArc 200ST
    3 SA-200s
    Vantage 400





  21. #21
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    321

    Re: 1941 SA 200 Lincoln Welder For Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by CEP View Post
    Here is a picture of my 1954, and 1974.
    Out of all those years, which one do you think welds the best?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brethren, Mi
    Posts
    713

    Re: 1941 SA 200 Lincoln Welder For Sale

    They are all fundamentally the same machine. I got 2 I would part with now at the right price. Too old, heavy for me. Got no use for them. Only reason I kept them was if I wanted to contract, cheaper than buying new or paying rental. Was contemplating putting crank seal in one.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

  23. #23
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Port Orchard, WA.
    Posts
    10,234

    Re: 1941 SA 200 Lincoln Welder For Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey.penfield View Post
    Out of all those years, which one do you think welds the best?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I love the 1966 Red Face. The short hoods, when I go from 1/8-inch rod to 5/32-inch rod I have to switch gears. But with 100 % copper generator they all weld really nice.
    Don’t pay any attention to me
    I’m just a hobbyist!

    Carl

    Dynasty 300
    V350-Pro w/pulse
    SG Spool gun
    1937 IdealArc-300
    PowerArc 200ST
    3 SA-200s
    Vantage 400





  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,161

    Re: 1941 SA 200 Lincoln Welder For Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Sberry View Post
    I got 2 I would part with now at the right price.
    So...$800?

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    3,833

    Re: 1941 SA 200 Lincoln Welder For Sale

    Naw.... 800's a stretch, but I'd go 7..... 600 but it better have good sheet metal and paint too...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
RSS | Home | Penton Media | Contact Us | Subscribe | For Advertisers | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement