1941 SA 200 Lincoln Welder For Sale - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 1941 SA 200 Lincoln Welder For Sale

800 is right to buy,, not to sell,,, ha one in good running shape is worth 2000/2500 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Sberry View Post
    8k? 800 would be a stretch.
    I was being a little facetious at 8K... But it is amazing what people will pay for "Patina". I've sold trucks for 2 to 2-1/2 times what I paid for them just by asking a high number.

It's all about finding the 'right' buyer at the 'right' time

Quote Originally Posted by CEP View Post
    I paid $250.00 for the 1948. $200.00 for the 1966. $12,500.00 for the 2016.
    I hate to see ya beatin yourself up for over payin on that 1966 and as its the year I was born I'll give ya $250 for it that way ya can afford some cinder blocks to put under that Vantage 400 insteada it sittin on its shipping pallet an all...
    Last edited by monsoon-mech; 08-12-2019 at 12:16 AM.

I paid $250.00 for the 1948. $200.00 for the 1966. $12,500.00 for the 2016.
    I want the 66 machine if you pass on,,, that one is a sweet looking
    MM215, soon to be ex miller
    Victor torch set
    Lincoln ranger 10000 plus

CEP,
    the 400,, how that weld compare to old 200"s? I know bunch guys love the 200's due it slick arcs. But recently I have seen some pipeliners are giving up on the ole 200s. some going to 300's which is the direct replacement of 200. some going to Millers.. which in my personal opinion is meh.. but very good with inverters machines.
    Victor torch set

We had another post on which welder was better, inverter or transformer. They both convert AC wall power from the electric company. Do engine (generator) welders give the best arc for stick welding? How are they for MIG and TIG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I was looking to weld much it would be something with cv and high amps. I understand having a machine around but guess it's eld timer hobby for Carl. The Vantage is probably cheaper than a boat.

Quote Originally Posted by irish View Post
    CEP,
    the 400,, how that weld compare to old 200"s?
    The SA-200s will out weld the Vantage with 7018, and 6010. But the Vantage has CV, and adjustable arc force. With an LN-25 the Vantage works really well!
    Don’t pay any attention to me
    I’m just a hobbyist!

Carl

Dynasty 300
    V350-Pro w/pulse
    SG Spool gun
    1937 IdealArc-300
    PowerArc 200ST
    3 SA-200s
    Vantage 400

The SA-200s will out weld the Vantage with 7018, and 6010. But the Vantage has CV, and adjustable arc force. With an LN-25 the Vantage works really well!
    The Vantage will use a lot less fuel. Can also provide power to your house during a power outage.

Thats same with my Miller Big 20 (vintage 1976) that thing is so smooth and will purr along all day long for stick it easily out performs both of my Trailblazers (and sounds ALOT better doing it with the flathead continental) but the Trailblazers have the CV advantage for wire feeders... whenever I got something big to get done I always fire up the Big 20 its just so sweet for ruinning stick,

Quote Originally Posted by guajilloweld03 View Post
    The Vantage will use a lot less fuel. Can also provide power to your house during a power outage.
    for $12k ya can get one heck of a whole house generator if ya live in blackout prone area.. welders are for joining steel and those old SA200s do it superbly, last power outage we had out here in Tucson was at house in town.. a drunk hit power pole 2 blocks away before that gotta go back 15 years.... so my welders primary use is... welding, customers offset the fuel usage and if I'm working in a retirement community or heavy residential I generally try to use the Big 20 as its so much quieter than the Trailblazers which sound like runaway lawn mowers I've gotten compliments of appreciation because of it not disturbing folks napping in the afternoon in retirement mobile home parks etc... those SA200s are same way unless your running a straight pipe even then its such a low pitch sound most don't notice it..
    Last edited by monsoon-mech; 08-15-2019 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by monsoon-mech View Post
    Thats same with my Miller Big 20 (vintage 1976) that thing is so smooth and will purr along all day long for stick it easily out performs both of my Trailblazers (and sounds ALOT better doing it with the flathead continental) but the Trailblazers have the CV advantage for wire feeders... whenever I got something big to get done I always fire up the Big 20 its just so sweet for ruinning stick,

for $12k ya can get one heck of a whole house generator if ya live in blackout prone area.. welders are for joining steel and those old SA200s do it superbly, last power outage we had out here in Tucson was at house in town.. a drunk hit power pole 2 blocks away before that gotta go back 15 years.... so my welders primary use is... welding, customers offset the fuel usage and if I'm working in a retirement community or heavy residential I generally try to use the Big 20 as its so much quieter than the Trailblazers which sound like runaway lawn mowers I've gotten compliments of appreciation because of it not disturbing folks napping in the afternoon in retirement mobile home parks etc... those SA200s are same way unless your running a straight pipe even then its such a low pitch sound most don't notice it..
    Hoping to find a used Vantage, living on alongTexas Gulf Coast every few years we get a storm and loose power. My trailblazer burns lot of fuel and it makes noise. Whole house generator is lot of money sitting there doing nothing most of the time, the Vantage is multi-use.

gauldweld,
    that why I brought a nice lincoln 10000 welder,, as a multi-use machine....
    Victor torch set

1941 SA 200 Lincoln Welder For Sale

SA200’s are cool but take up a ton of space. I sold one of mine and the other seems to be on permanent loan to a buddy who took it gold mining with him.

They only needed fuel tanks and carbs cleaned when I bought them.

I paid $500 CDN. ($375 USD) each for them.
    Last edited by Lis2323; 08-15-2019 at 10:14 PM.
    :

Quote Originally Posted by guajilloweld03 View Post
    Hoping to find a used Vantage, living on alongTexas Gulf Coast every few years we get a storm and loose power. My trailblazer burns lot of fuel and it makes noise. Whole house generator is lot of money sitting there doing nothing most of the time, the Vantage is multi-use.
    ahh but see everytime a storm takes out the power what do ya see consistently end up bein in short supply? We hauled houses and heavy equipment into many storm hit areas ever since our first FEMA contract during Katrina and the one thing that always gets me is the long lines to get fuel..... a dedicated generator can be plumbed for natural gas and or propane which means when that welder has run dry on gasoline or diesel that natural gas/propane genpac keeps on purring away and not really that expensive all depends on how much ya needa power.. if your just looking to match a welders output ya can do that for a few grand and not be overheating your welders generator running it for hours just to keep the freezer cold..... whats it cost to rebuild that vantage? cause those hours using it as a house power supply are not being paid for by customer dollars but are still putting wear and tear on the machine.... burn up a $12k welder doing the job of a $1k generator...... when we are on a big job I usually set an 8,000 watt generator in the bed of the truck thats pulling the big shop trailer so we aren't running the Trailblazers just to power grinders etc.. and the generator its powered by propane which in Tucson is $1.78 per gallon versus $2.89 per gallon gasoline... cost less in upkeep and repair than the millers too.... always gotta add that repair/upkeep cst in when figuring out whats the better use of any equipment

Does Lincoln still make a pure DC welder?
    Last edited by Mark_D; 08-16-2019 at 02:33 AM.
    Lincoln Ranger 305g
    Miller X-Treme 8VS Suitcase Feeder
    Lincoln Powermig 210 MP
    Lincoln AC225 Tombstone
    Everlast Powerarc 200ST
    A pile of grinders.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_D View Post
    Does Lincoln still make a pure DC welder?
    https://m.lincolnelectric.com/en-us/...s/classic.aspx