Views: 549
Size:  195.2 KB

Name:  tires2.JPG
Views: 549
Size:  191.8 KB

Name:  tires3.JPG
Views: 550
Size:  199.5 KB

Ten ply rating, with sidewalls that must be made of iron I have a feeling my tire machine won't handle these Never had the tires off this baler, I'm mostly used to ag tires that are made with what seems to be PAPER...………….soft and flimsy. We shall see...……………………………………..

Re: Baler Tires

My trucks need 10:00/20 load range F. My camper trailer swallowed tires often. In Maine one week years ago I found a tire dealer, one horse operation. He forgot more about tires than the others will ever know.

My local dealer couldn't get tires for my truck, couldn't find better (higher load rated) tires for my camper, or functional tires for my equipment trailer. I talk to him on Monday, he has tires for me on Thursday. I collect tires every year from him. The truck tires I took to my local dealer griped: "I could have gotten them." I responded: "Why didn't you?"
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

The only 10.00/20's Ive had were 2 piece rim, inner tube tires. Never tried messin with them because of the safety factor. I even let the air out before I touched the lug nuts. Then I installed 22.5 tubeless tires.
    "Where's Stick man????????" - 7A749
    "SHHHHHH!! I sent him over to snag that MIC-4 while tbone wasn't looking!" - duaneb55
    "I have bought a few of Tbone's things unlike Stick-Man who helps himself" - TozziWelding
    "Stick-man"

It seems to me that the replacement ag tires are getting to be lower and lower quality.

Years ago Farm Bureau had their local warehouse, and the tires and prices were pretty decent. Unfortunately they closed up years ago due to reduced farm demand.

Farm tires bought new 40 years ago still hold air today; however farm tires that I bought new 6 years ago have rotted away and have to be replaced.
    Miller Trailblazer Pro 350D
    Miller Suitcase MIG
    Miller Spectrum 2050
    Miller Syncrowave 250DX
    Lincoln 210MP

samm; if them baler tires don't work out you can always trade them to zap for racing slicks.
    i.u.o.e. # 15
    queens, ny and sunny fla

Quote Originally Posted by scsmith42 View Post
    It seems to me that the replacement ag tires are getting to be lower and lower quality.

Years ago Farm Bureau had their local warehouse, and the tires and prices were pretty decent. Unfortunately they closed up years ago due to reduced farm demand.

Farm tires bought new 40 years ago still hold air today; however farm tires that I bought new 6 years ago have rotted away and have to be replaced.
    They are designed that way, so's they don't stay around for 1,000 years and harm the environment. The brilliant designers don't realize that some folks run tires more than a few years.

I had a 9 ton trailer. I found the tires available in size, with weight rating were made in China. Few sources listed this specification in a new tire. The tires I could buy locally were Blue Star/Blue Stain/Blue Streak, (I can't remember).

The trailer destroyed 12 tires in 4 years. I was always under GVW of the trailer, but close when they exploded. Each was exactly the same. They blew off the rim. Sidewalls would fail, the bead was then unsupported. The bead would then hop off the rim at one point. The explosion was LOUD!

Tire dealer said I caused it by putting tubes in the tires, it caused heat build up.

Somebody explained that Chinese rubber is just plain awful. Their population explosion proves it..
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

Many lower cost tires have low speed ratings. Many of Carlyle’s trailer tires (RV size) have a 60 mph speed rating. When you exceed it by pulling your trailer 75mph down the highway, they blow out.
    Miller Suitcase MIG
    Miller Spectrum 2050
    Miller Syncrowave 250DX
    Lincoln 210MP

Quote Originally Posted by scsmith42 View Post
    Many lower cost tires have low speed ratings. Many of Carlyle’s trailer tires (RV size) have a 60 mph speed rating. When you exceed it by pulling your trailer 75 Name:  White Truck.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  199.4 KBmph down the highway, they blow out.
    You've seen my truck. 60 MPH would be out of the question loaded, and screaming empty! Uphill I'm down near the kitchen with the transmission, downhill also. Gentle downhill I might hit speed limit empty.

You can see a bit of the trailer. I sold it. New owner uses it to haul two antique tricycle tractors, weigh 10,000 combined. He reports no problems. I believe the tires are overrated as to capacity, and triaxle trailer design abuses sidewalls in a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie B View Post
    I had a 9 ton trailer. I found the tires available in size, with weight rating were made in China. Few sources listed this specification in a new tire. The tires I could buy locally were Blue Star/Blue Stain/Blue Streak, (I can't remember).

The trailer destroyed 12 tires in 4 years. I was always under GVW of the trailer, but close when they exploded. Each was exactly the same. They blew off the rim. Sidewalls would fail, the bead was then unsupported. The bead would then hop off the rim at one point. The explosion was LOUD!

Tire dealer said I caused it by putting tubes in the tires, it caused heat build up.

Somebody explained that Chinese rubber is just plain awful. Their population explosion proves it..
    This is exactly what I tell people when they say "They're getting the NAME brand chinese tires that are actually better than the name brands people used to buy"

A few years ago I put some handkook tires on my personal truck because the guy at the tire shop said "they're as good as any of the tires out there!!! and they're cheaper!!!" well they lasted about a year and I didn't put that many miles on it....

Quote Originally Posted by ronsii View Post
    This is exactly what I tell people when they say "They're getting the NAME brand chinese tires that are actually better than the name brands people used to buy"

A few years ago I put some handkook tires on my personal truck because the guy at the tire shop said "they're as good as any of the tires out there!!! and they're cheaper!!!" well they lasted about a year and I didn't put that many miles on it....
    Couple of years ago I tried a set of Les Schwab branded tires on my single rear wheel F350... 9,000 miles and they were junk. Back to the Toyos for me.
    Ever been through Prineville, Oregon? That huge stack of seagoing containers at the LS distribution center ain't from the US.

Yeah been through prineville a lot... back in the day If fact I came through there with a D8 on a lowboy once.... I forget which LS we stopped in redmond,bend,prineville... had a pretty good covered area for semi's though... anyways we had a flat on one of the trailer rears and one of their 'techs' comes out and starts trying to jack the trailer under one of the tube braces for the axle put a slight bend in it before we caught him then on top of that they tried to lift it with a wimpy 12 ton bottle jack... they actually blew up one of their jacks oil all over the place!!! so they got another and that wouldn't lift it either... bout this time I ran over to my truck and grabbed my trusty 20 ton bottle jack lifted it with ease!!!

I think when buying tires about the danger of replacing a tire on a highway, the time wasted doing so, the inconvenience of taking a wheel to buy another tire. On a six wheeled trailer, buying 12 cheap tires costs far more than 6 good tires.

Still my vehicles seem often to be old enough the name brand manufacturers don't offer a tire to fit. The truck has Double Coin, the trailer has Blue Star. Both are Chinese. Not by choice.

I used to run Hankook tires on my tow trucks and had good luck with them, I have to admit that I was skeptical at first, but as far as I am concerned they proved themselves.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC MIG/STICK/TIG
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
    We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream".
    RONALD REAGAN

You've seen my truck. 60 MPH would be out of the question loaded, and screaming empty! Uphill I'm down near the kitchen with the transmission, downhill also. Gentle downhill I might hit speed limit empty.

You can see a bit of the trailer. I sold it. New owner uses it to haul two antique tricycle tractors, weigh 10,000 combined. He reports no problems. I believe the tires are overrated as to capacity, and triaxle trailer design abuses sidewalls in a corner.
    Bill, for the rest of my life I don't think that I’ll ever forget that trip following you in your C60 over the mountain... especially the part where my F450 and 40’ gooseneck trailer was sliding sideways downhill on that icy road...
    Miller Suitcase MIG
    Miller Spectrum 2050
    Miller Syncrowave 250DX
    Lincoln 210MP

My wife would describe that as "building memories". In my defense, I was driving about 20 MPH.

My wife would describe that as "building memories". In my defense, I was driving about 20 MPH.
    You did fine. On the other hand, the weather god’s were not so kind!

“Building memories”; I like that!
    Miller Suitcase MIG
    Miller Spectrum 2050
    Miller Syncrowave 250DX
    Lincoln 210MP

So Sam... how did u make out with the 10 plys? We had some on the back of a rental scraper that I'm fairly sure the local tire shop was able to change with his machine, but it's a good one. I used to run used aircraft tires on a honey wagon that needed split rims. The originals were split rims like the old killer truck rims, so I had to replace them with wheels that split in the center with 2 bolted sides. Expensive at the time, but they were sure nice if you had to fix a flat in the field. Jack it up (yes, I agree with the 20 ton jack comments... only way to go) unbolt the outer half of the rim and change the tube. Bolt it back together, blow it up and you were gone. The first ones I had were 47 ply and required a D-7 cat to break the bead when we took them off. Kind of handy though, if you had a flat in the field you could dump the load and run back to the yard with the tire and tank both empty with no problems. The ones I replaced them with were Good Year Flight leaders.... only 29 ply but I'm sure they will outlive me. Nothing gets through them so flats are only caused by tubes rubbing out inside.
    We ran nothing but Good Year on the ag equipment for years, but after the last corporate takeover they turned to garbage. We've switched to Firestone and Trellborge (on the combine) for the big ones, but I've had good luck with BKT's for the smaller sizes and the yard tractor.
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A

Les