OLD Sears Welder
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

OLD Sears Welder

Good day:

I am new to the site and am seeking information regarding an old Sears and Roebuck Model 2019 portable generator/welder.

It is a 180 amp @ 25 volt welder and a 5 kw 120/240 generator. See attached photos.

I am seeking an owners manual and/or wiring diagram. Most of Sears welders were made by others so any leads, play on words intended, would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Re: OLD Sears Welder

That is an Onan model #. It looks to be in pretty good shape, for its age. Good luck with it.
    Regards
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by smilindave View Post
    That is an Onan model #. It looks to be in pretty good shape, for its age. Good luck with it.
    Regards
    Dave
    Dear SmilinDave: Is the 2019 an Onan model #. I Googled it an could not find it.

Chuck

That is hardcore Onan down to the ID plate Onan is no more bought by Cummins you may have trouble finding info what do you need info for ? Does it work ?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Dear Mike:

As I research it, it is an Onan 5.0TJ-343E, early to mid 70's. Does it work? interesting question. The engine runs but needs some TLC. I have 25 v on the weld lead and 120/240 on the power leads. It appears to be missing the welding amperage control from the front.

Maybe when I get the engine speed stabilized I can try to load up the power outputs and throw an arc, 180 amp only, to see if it REALLY WORKS. $100.00 at a garage sale

I think you may have something worth using for $100. Just need to get it in running trim now. You can do a pretty good bit of stuff with "only" 180 amps. Most 1/8" rods require no more than 130. Maybe want to give it a heavy dose of carb cleaner in the gas tank while you tinker with it, to help clean that out some. Can't hurt nothin'.

I wondered where the amp control is and where the welding leads connect. I see a battery tray with what appears to be battery cables hanging over it.
    Mike
    Ol' Stonebreaker
    "Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes"

Miller 175 mig
    Miller thunderbolt ac/dc stick
    Victor O/A setup
    Makita chop saw

Thank you that is of great assistance

The welding leads should connect on the front but the amp control and connections are missing. I suspect that I can jury rig something from an old welder, perhaps even with continuous control

Go back to the location of the garage sale and ask them if you can look for the missing parts?!

already done at time of purchase, Thanks though