What tools to carry in personal vehicle - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: What tools to carry in personal vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by bigb View Post
    Yes those old Cummins are some good engines too....if only they hadn't put them in a Dodge
    LOL!! I tell everyone the same thing myself! when the Dodge falls apart the engines goin in a Chevy...

Just about what everyone said. I always have a bottle jack and 4 way lug wrench. Bottle jack and 4 way lug wrench used for helping others. Many car jacks sucks.

25 foot cables in case you get a 3 way block in all night from those living in Super Walmart a dude can jump you from your trunk end. Couple cans of fix a flat and a 12V plug in compressor.Few flares to build a fire,machete or light axe 9mm w/ extra clip(In case deyz wants to be heppin yaz). Some reflective triangles for the morons screaming up behind
    Flashlight. Light rain gear yellow jacket. Cell phone. AAA card (travel)(or buddy with wrecker like I have).Ii you're a southern boy that can of Deep Woods Off sure is a pretty sight at night.I dont change a tire on the road. I pump that sucker up and find a well lit flat spot or flat open and start the fire with the flares/machete/axe.

I don't like keeping much in my pickup mainly because it's personal transport first, work truck second.

- 3 cell maglite
    - roll of duct tape
    - cable ties
    - 2L drinkable water
    - rainproof jacket
    - 2 small ratchet straps
    - generic emergency kit bag with high viz, spare bulb kit, can of emergency tyre gunk first aid, few other random things

All this stuff sits either in the door pocket or behind the rear seats. I hate clutter!

Quote Originally Posted by Mcm308 View Post
    Ronsi.. i aint quoting your post but I knew a guy who kept a Louisville Slugger in his car. He would also keep a glove with it... but he never played ball...lmao
    Your lawyer will thank you...
    Owner of Fast Leroy's Bar and Grill
    Liquor up Front, Poker in the Rear

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Leroy View Post
    Your lawyer will thank you...
    I keep a ball in here somewhere just in case someone has a problem with my slugger... I would generally offer to play with them and we'll use their balls or if they insist I can try to find mine

Name:  truck-tools-bkseat.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  184.1 KB

A spare set of 'Yosemite Sam' mud flaps??
    ' ' ' ' "Move along, move along, theres nothing to see here, , , ,"

Quote Originally Posted by ronsii View Post
    I keep a ball in here somewhere just in case someone has a problem with my slugger... I would generally offer to play with them and we'll use their balls or if they insist I can try to find mine

Name:  truck-tools-bkseat.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  184.1 KB
    i had a friend get pulled over on the grand central parkway; he had a bat but no other sporting equipment in the vehicle. after the lecture and threats the trooper flung the bat into the woods.
    i.u.o.e. # 15
    queens, ny and sunny fla

Quote Originally Posted by docwelder View Post
    i had a friend get pulled over on the grand central parkway; he had a bat but no other sporting equipment in the vehicle. after the lecture and threats the trooper flung the bat into the woods.
    Well that wasn't very 'sporting' of the trooper..... I mean what was I supposed to do after I was practicing hitting my ball and I lost it in the woods!!! So now if I lose a ball I can't take my bat home??? What if I can't afford a good ball so I meat up with a friend and we take turns hitting his ball with my bat???

so no baseball bats... but you guys are allowed to carry guns...

Got puilled over I-5 once just came down the Grapevine outsida Bakersfield ca. it was hot and the brakes on my 379 Pete were a lil too hot so I let it roll for a bit.. hadda pass a 4 wheeler turned out he was unmarked CHP... gave me a ticket for being in the left lane (calif, trucks are restricted unless passing which I WAS!) he noticed my loaded hickory tire thumper next to drivers seat and commented that it would make a hell of a club... I was tired and wanted to get the D-8 cat on my trailer delivered and get some grub so just casually agreed with him.... he wrote me a ticket for possession of a dangerous weapon... I beat the left lane ticket but that stupid a$$ ticket for the DW has followed me ever since..... in AZ my mother got pulled over in an H1 Hummer I used to have... the cop asked as they all do in AZ if there were any guns, grenades, rocket launchers in the vehicle... she looked him square in the face and said " well its my sons truck and he is a class 3 firearms dealer and weapons instructor, I know for a fact there is a 12 gauge Spas 12 behind the back seat, a .45 pistol in the glove box and another .45 under the drivers seat but there might be grenades and rocket launchers too I just haven't seen any yet" the cop looked at her and asked "hell whats he afraid of?" mom "not too much he usually has the tool he needs when he needs it" the cop smiled gave her back her license and told her to slow down.... that was back in 2007 and now that Az is a constitutional carry state the cops are so used to seeing weaponry they don't even comment just ask ya to leave it holstered while they have ya stopped....

I didn’t go over every post with a fine toothed comb but I did the OPs. I would suggest a small pipe wrench which together with the vise grips can take a lot of things apart. I also recommend a tube of JB weld. The type that you have to knead to activate. It comes in handy for patching oil pans etc.

If you own a late model truck that has the spare tire lowering access point secured by a lock that uses the ignition key.... do yourself a favor and go clean the crud out of it and make sure it works so you aren’t trying to do it on the side of the highway. You know why I’m tellin you this 😳

Pipe wrench is a good idea. I added that to my list I am keeping on my desk.