Thor the God of Thunder & Lightning vs.the Serpent of Midgard - Jörmangund - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Thor the God of Thunder & Lightning vs.the Serpent of Midgard - Jörmangund

Another beautiful piece silverbullit. You are GROSSLY underpaid my friend. So much talent and artistic vision, your pieces are all really top notch.

Reminds me of a Kevin Caron video on youtube, a successful metal artist (he must be doing well, his house is AMAZING), where he talks about his difficulty in accepting that he was indeed an artist, and the struggles that ensued as a result. He thought of himself as a weldor, metal worker, tinkerer, fumbler, hobbyist etc that sometimes made artistic things and was barely making it as a result. As soon as he made up his mind that he was indeed an ARTIST he soon began to believe it and his pieces started to command prices that reflected their true value! (fake it until you make it, you ARE a top tier metal artist!!!)

It is hard to change your mindset as this is art, and a fulfilling hobby for you that you'd pay to do if you had to, but you are not getting fair compensation in the least.

Get your work out there. Online marketing is great but for big, ornate pieces like yours nothing beats seeing it in real life. The awe factor is so much stronger and more striking when seen in person. Get a small trailer and put your pieces on it and drag it around town or park on a busy intersection with a placard/poster stating your contact info and a brief description of what you can do. Drive it to shops and leave it in the parking lot for a while - the people asking about it inside will get them interested in buying something. Let potential customers know you can work with them and help bring their ideas to life (like a tattoo artist, working with customer designs).

List a piece for trade for a trailer!

Let hardware stores, material supply stores, welding supplies, and tool stores know you're willing to be paid in trade or store credit - great way to build up your kit and get your foot in the door. This kind of work is like drugs, you need to get them to try your product for them to get hooked, lol.

Many of us, myself included, have self defeating/deprecating tendencies that allow us to hold ourselves back. There is nothing basic or common about your work, don't be afraid to ask for fair compensation. After selling a few pieces for what they're really worth you'll wonder why you were so "charitable" in the beginning!
    Last edited by SlowBlues; 09-12-2019 at 03:55 PM.

Howdy mates,
    Your awesome feedback leaves me speechless, and I really appreciate your feelings towards my "art" as it means a lot for me coming from kind professionals as yourselfs.
    Sorry for playing hooky but quite frankly things have been a tad uphill here with closest family hospitalized and the given bonus obstacles life pranks one with.

Quote Originally Posted by psacustomcreations View Post
    Please post pictures many of us like to see projects as they're being built plus the finished outcome
    Thank you my friend! I will update

Quote Originally Posted by N2 Welding View Post
    ^ This x 10
    Haha, thank you N2

Quote Originally Posted by downhand View Post
    Grymt bra! (Transl; Awesome!)
    tack för att du delar med dig (Transl; Thanks for sharing)

Haha, tack kära granne. Det är jag som ska tacka för grymma komplimanger, domo arigatou gozaimasu! (Transl; Haha, thanks dear neighbour. It is I who should thanks for awesome compliments, thank you very much!)
    Vart är du planterad geografiskt kompis, är du Norrbottning? (Pitepalt här) (Transl; Wuzz your geography mate, are you a hillbilly too? (Northern Sweden here)

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBlues View Post
    Another beautiful piece silverbullit. You are GROSSLY underpaid my friend. So much talent and artistic vision, your pieces are all really top notch.
    - Your support is way to kind my friend. But I take it to heart and it really does mean a lot to me, especially right now!

Reminds me of a Kevin Caron video on youtube, a successful metal artist (he must be doing well, his house is AMAZING), where he talks about his difficulty in accepting that he was indeed an artist, and the struggles that ensued as a result. He thought of himself as a weldor, metal worker, tinkerer, fumbler, hobbyist etc that sometimes made artistic things and was barely making it as a result. As soon as he made up his mind that he was indeed an ARTIST he soon began to believe it and his pieces started to command prices that reflected their true value! (fake it until you make it, you ARE a top tier metal artist!!!)
    - Well mate, then you hav'nt seen my cardboard castle! *triumphant gaze in to the horizon*

It is hard to change your mindset as this is art, and a fulfilling hobby for you that you'd pay to do if you had to, but you are not getting fair compensation in the least.
    - Oh man, with the surprising attention it took precedence over most everything else and regarding fair compensation my economy in extension would be best compared to the Roland Emmerich movie "2012" with John Cusack.
    (Seriously man, it's baaaaaad with a lot of "a")

Get your work out there. Online marketing is great but for big, ornate pieces like yours nothing beats seeing it in real life. The awe factor is so much stronger and more striking when seen in person. Get a small trailer and put your pieces on it and drag it around town or park on a busy intersection with a placard/poster stating your contact info and a brief description of what you can do. Drive it to shops and leave it in the parking lot for a while - the people asking about it inside will get them interested in buying something. Let potential customers know you can work with them and help bring their ideas to life (like a tattoo artist, working with customer designs).
    - Great tips. I try to get it out there, we'll see if any bites. My town is quite small, in fact I can cover all of it by doing a turn in the local roundabout.
    (Feels like one of those western movies where the wagons circle the indians, hmm thats backward is'nt it?) Appreciate all thoughts here, thank you mate!

List a piece for trade for a trailer!
    - Good one, this struck me as I am trying to offer trade for materials as I gone impressively backward this year causing more or less a stop on my various projects from metal to paintings. But so far, nobody bite.

Let hardware stores, material supply stores, welding supplies, and tool stores know you're willing to be paid in trade or store credit - great way to build up your kit and get your foot in the door. This kind of work is like drugs, you need to get them to try your product for them to get hooked, lol.
    - I'm afraid I already buggered the few shops in my county to the point they either barricade their doors or put on their earmuffs an assume the position when they see me parking outside. Could be I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time?

Many of us, myself included, have self defeating/deprecating tendencies that allow us to hold ourselves back. There is nothing basic or common about your work, don't be afraid to ask for fair compensation. After selling a few pieces for what they're really worth you'll wonder why you were so "charitable" in the beginning!
    - I might be in the wrong geography or something mate. Really trying here for quite some while here I can only conclude I'm no salesman, either that or I need breathmints or a bath or something?
    Anyway mates, it was nice to crank up the PC and find all this amazingly kind feedback. (And you had great timing mates) Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
    Last edited by Silverbullit; 09-26-2019 at 12:52 PM.

That...is just awesome!!!!!