CWI interview dress code
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    13

    CWI interview dress code

    Hello everyone recently I got my CWI license and have landed an interview at a very large company for a QC position. My question is what should I wear to this interview. I know it seems silly but I’ve been in the welding industry since out of high school and every time I went for a new job I showed up in jeans and a long sleeve shirt with my hood in hand ready for the weld test. Thanks in advance.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Groves, Texas
    Posts
    2,643

    Re: CWI interview dress code

    Tuxedo?

    Name:  mens-sailor-moon-tuxedo-mask-costume.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  73.8 KB
    Last edited by TimmyTIG; 08-28-2019 at 11:25 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    3,861

    Re: CWI interview dress code

    ^^ This.... but make sure you order the NON-flammable version!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lockhart,Tx (BBQ capitol of the world)
    Posts
    980

    Re: CWI interview dress code

    Ok, I can't hardly believe this but I'll be the serious one here!
    Since it is for a QC position that means you will be out on the production floor with a real chance of getting dirty if you get the job.
    I don't know about anywhere else but here in Texas new or nearly new long sleeve shirt and blue jeans with boots would be the way to go for an interview for a position like that.
    Of course in Texas cowboy boots are considered formal wear!
    Absolutely no shorts or sneakers! I know that seems like a given but you would not believe how some people show up for interviews at our place.
    A lot of applications go in the trash before the door shuts behind them!
    Use good manners and proper grammar. No "like" and "ya know" for every other word.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    13

    Re: CWI interview dress code

    Quote Originally Posted by rexcormack View Post
    Ok, I can't hardly believe this but I'll be the serious one here!
    Since it is for a QC position that means you will be out on the production floor with a real chance of getting dirty if you get the job.
    I don't know about anywhere else but here in Texas new or nearly new long sleeve shirt and blue jeans with boots would be the way to go for an interview for a position like that.
    Of course in Texas cowboy boots are considered formal wear!
    Absolutely no shorts or sneakers! I know that seems like a given but you would not believe how some people show up for interviews at our place.
    A lot of applications go in the trash before the door shuts behind them!
    Use good manners and proper grammar. No "like" and "ya know" for every other word.
    Thanks for the advice my friend


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    579

    Re: CWI interview dress code

    Sent you a private message.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Not there
    Posts
    3,930

    Re: CWI interview dress code

    Dickies long blue. White shirt, sleeves rolled up. Steel toes work shoe-boot. Pen in pocket with safety glasses.Small tape on belt ?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    new york city
    Posts
    6,633

    Re: CWI interview dress code

    Quote Originally Posted by alejandromarquez View Post
    Hello everyone recently I got my CWI license and have landed an interview at a very large company for a QC position. My question is what should I wear to this interview. I know it seems silly but I’ve been in the welding industry since out of high school and every time I went for a new job I showed up in jeans and a long sleeve shirt with my hood in hand ready for the weld test. Thanks in advance.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    look like this at the interview and the gig is yours.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    i.u.o.e. # 15
    queens, ny and sunny fla

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    new york city
    Posts
    6,633

    Re: CWI interview dress code

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzoo View Post
    Dickies long blue. White shirt, sleeves rolled up. Steel toes work shoe-boot. Pen in pocket with safety glasses.Small tape on belt ?
    pretty much this. a small spiral notebook along with the mentioned top pocket pen wouldn't hurt either.
    i.u.o.e. # 15
    queens, ny and sunny fla

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    minnesota
    Posts
    1,958

    Re: CWI interview dress code

    Possibly bring weld gauges?
    Millermatic 252
    millermatic 175
    miller 300 Thunderbolt
    lincoln ranger 250
    smith torches
    lots of bfh's
    If it dont fit get a bigger hammer

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    387

    Re: CWI interview dress code

    Go commando, and make sure to mention it time or twelve. Be sure to ask the secretary if she's wearing a thong

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brethren, Mi
    Posts
    714

    Re: CWI interview dress code

    The tux,, but add striker and tape measure.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    new york city
    Posts
    6,633

    Re: CWI interview dress code

    Quote Originally Posted by Rock knocker View Post
    Go commando, and make sure to mention it time or twelve. Be sure to ask the secretary if she's wearing a thong
    loose the razor a week or so prior to the interview. a cheap bottle of sneaky pete in the back pocket won't hurt either.
    i.u.o.e. # 15
    queens, ny and sunny fla

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Groves, Texas
    Posts
    2,643

    Re: CWI interview dress code

    Why would a CWI need a striker?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brethren, Mi
    Posts
    714

    Re: CWI interview dress code

    To show the rest how its done and to light cigs with a torch.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
RSS | Home | Penton Media | Contact Us | Subscribe | For Advertisers | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement