W.T.F. HTP accepting COMPETITOR machines on trade-in for discounts!
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

W.T.F. HTP accepting COMPETITOR machines on trade-in for discounts!

Just got this in my email. These guys are nuts!

So yea, I guess they are doing a silent recall on other manufacturer's machines since they want to take them in off the streets on trade-in's for discounts on brand new HTP machines! LOL

1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling sig!

HTP Invertig 400
    HTP Invertig 221
    HTP ProPulse 300
    HTP ProPulse 200 x2
    HTP ProPulse 220MTS
    HTP Inverarc 200TLP
    HTP Microcut 875SC

Re: W.T.F. HTP accepting COMPETITOR machines on trade-in for discounts!

This is Amazing HTP is taking on the big boys!

Quote Originally Posted by John Baptist View Post
    This is Amazing HTP is taking on the big boys!
    Yup! Looks like it! Although I think there's a typo with the electrode holder for the Inverarc 200TLP. Mine came with a 10 or 12ft cable on the electrode holder not 5ft, lol.

HTP Invertig 400
    HTP Invertig 221
    HTP ProPulse 300
    HTP ProPulse 200 x2
    HTP ProPulse 220MTS
    HTP Inverarc 200TLP
    HTP Microcut 875SC

I think thats a great marketing strategy.

I wonder what they will do with all that HF scrap metal
    Last edited by John T; 09-01-2019 at 11:43 AM.
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221

True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

How are you getting all these promotional emails?! They have my email. We correspond frequently. I've not received a single one of these though!

That's awesome though. If I don't end up moving this winter, I might be looking to upgrade my mig setup. Definitely have my eye on the ProPulse machines.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DawgBus View Post
    How are you getting all these promotional emails?! They have my email. We correspond frequently. I've not received a single one of these though!

That's awesome though. If I don't end up moving this winter, I might be looking to upgrade my mig setup. Definitely have my eye on the ProPulse machines.

I dunno, maybe they have a tier'd system based on their own criteria. Thats the only thing I can think of. Who ever spends the most money gets the promo's first! Nah, i dunno.

HTP Invertig 400
    HTP Invertig 221
    HTP ProPulse 300
    HTP ProPulse 200 x2
    HTP ProPulse 220MTS
    HTP Inverarc 200TLP
    HTP Microcut 875SC

Honestly, wouldn't surprise me haha. I'll have to bug them tomorrow and see if I'm not just slipping through the cracks. Thank you for sharing these here!

That is neat that HTP is doing this! Unfortunately I dont have a need for another machine or have one that I would be willing to trade in right now.

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

Fiscally, this makes no sense. What will they do with the trade-ins? Sell them? If so, they become their own competition. And I've seen this in the past with other companies and when they did this, other mfgr's filed suit as it got into legal issues for remarketing trade names without authorization. Makes no sense. Are they going to dump/junk them? If so, then they are either overcharging the customer for the welder to begin with and have plenty of margin to do so, or they are paying a well-below market price for the other brand welder from the customer, which in that case is not a up and up thing to do. If it's the first case, non trade in customers should be asking for a bigger discount up front.

It may seem like a powerplay, but really, if you break it down, it seems more of one out of desperation, seeing how small their fan base is socially. It certainly is not a sustainable policy without a market for the used products.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

It simply means they are making so much profit for the cost of their machines they can give you a decent discount.... they just offer the trade in so people don't think they been getting screwed for so long now they probably don't even really want the other machines....

Oh!!! Forgot to mention I got the same email as oscar this morning at 6am... and I know I haven't spent more than 20-25k on htp stuff
    Last edited by ronsii; 09-01-2019 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ronsii View Post
    It simply means they are making so much profit for the cost of their machines they can give you a decent discount.... they just offer the trade in so people don't think they been getting screwed for so long now they probably don't even really want the other machines....
    So in this case, they are overcharging to begin with. That's why I said, customers should ask for a greater discount up front if they don't have a trade in, so they don't get left out.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

It's almost as if HTP has figured out that if you treat a customer right, help them get outfitted with their products, they'll see how well made their product is and become return customers! By keeping their overhead small, they're able to provide AMAZING customer service to EVERY customer.

I was honestly considering an Everlast machine while shopping for my TIG power source. What pushed me away? That severe hit and miss customer service. It's that important, that I was willing to pay over twice the price for a machine. I don't know you, Lugweld. Perhaps YOU provide great service. Can't say, but, your negative post history here would lead one to question that. That "fanbase" crap only shows how many machine owners go online to share cat pics.

Quote Originally Posted by DawgBus View Post
    It's almost as if HTP has figured out that if you treat a customer right, help them get outfitted with their products, they'll see how well made their product is and become return customers! By keeping their overhead small, they're able to provide AMAZING customer service to EVERY customer.

I was honestly considering an Everlast machine while shopping for my TIG power source. What pushed me away? That severe hit and miss customer service. It's that important, that I was willing to pay over twice the price for a machine. I don't know you, Lugweld. Perhaps YOU provide great service. Can't say, but, your negative post history here would lead one to question that. That "fanbase" crap only shows how many machine owners go online to share cat pics.

Severe? Hit and miss? I think that is a perception that isn't founded in reality given the scale and size of what we do.
    Go to the Everlast owner's page on facebook, and instagram for the reality.

As far as fan base, that is a determining factor in many areas, including a good and relevant gauge of customer loyalty and brand/model popularity. Customers that have a good experience, who share it is far less common that people who have a negative experience and share it. 10 to 1 customers are more likely to post negative than positive. If our customers are going online to post about their good experiences, out of their own volition, it means something is being done right. If you have customers that feel neutral, uninspired by the product, oreven with no exactly bad experience nor outstanding experience, then you will have near zero loyalty and low levels of posts about their "meh" feelings about a product.

Fanbase "crap"? Maybe if you are 80, but most people with smart phones or computers are active on the internet these days. Sure there are many that don't, but ratios typically hold true of the amount of people that will and won't, regardless of brand. So it is still a reliable factor that can be used to determine breadth, and scope of a product, and pretty accurate way to sample what you can expect, with or without the input of people who wouldn't typically post online. Not sure how cats have anything to do with it.
    Last edited by lugweld; 09-01-2019 at 06:53 PM.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    Fiscally, this makes no sense. What will they do with the trade-ins? Sell them? If so, they become their own competition. And I've seen this in the past with other companies and when they did this, other mfgr's filed suit as it got into legal issues for remarketing trade names without authorization. Makes no sense. Are they going to dump/junk them? If so, then they are either overcharging the customer for the welder to begin with and have plenty of margin to do so, or they are paying a well-below market price for the other brand welder from the customer, which in that case is not a up and up thing to do. If it's the first case, non trade in customers should be asking for a bigger discount up front. It may seem like a powerplay, but really, if you break it down, it seems more of one out of desperation, seeing how small their fan base is socially. It certainly is not a sustainable policy without a market for the used products.
    They are going to unload the "neverlast" and "nolongevity" piece of crap machines on ebay! HTP has great customer service which is more than I can say about neverlast and nolongevity! Yes, I owned HTP, neverlast, and nolongevitty machines in the past and HTP always treated me right! More than I can say about neverlast and nolongevity machines which I have found to be worthless POS products! Both of those companies customer services suck and more times than usual their products arrived to my door as DOA! As a heads up to all of you guys and gals, lugweld is connected to neverlast, most likely on their payroll and most likely a paid member running interference for their company. Just saying
    Last edited by astronut; 09-01-2019 at 07:30 PM.

Longevity? Hadn't heard that name in a while. Yes, I do work for Everlast and have since the second quarter of 2009. I joined this forum, a good bit before I ever heard of Everlast. I think people can see that from the list of welders under my name. Never try to hide it. I am known on several forums. And if you think the service sucks, then fine. But hundreds of thousands of other customers apparently don't think so. Again, check out the social media sites that have customers volunteering their experiences both good and bad. For all people know about you, you could be a paid person by HTP. Considering the late join date and the coincidental posting. Not saying it is so. But who knows in an open forum? No way of telling. No location info, or anything basic under your name for at least some credibility and history.
    Last edited by lugweld; 09-01-2019 at 08:26 PM.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    Longevity? Hadn't heard that name in a while. Yes, I do work for Everlast and have since the second quarter of 2009. I joined this forum, a good bit before I ever heard of Everlast. I think people can see that from the list of welders under my name. Never try to hide it. I am known on several forums. And if you think the service sucks, then fine. But hundreds of thousands of other customers apparently don't think so. Again, check out the social media sites that have customers volunteering their experiences both good and bad. For all people know about you, you could be a paid person by HTP. Considering the late join date and the coincidental posting. Not saying it is so. But who knows in an open forum? No way of telling. No location info, or anything basic under your name for at least some credibility and history.
    I dont work for anyone and am not afflilated with any brand what so ever. I am 61yrs old, retired, or retarted how ever you want to refer to it as! I own Lincoln, Miller, Thermal Dynamics, Harbor Freight, and GiantTech equipment. I used to own neverlast and nolongevity for a short time until they proved to be not worth what I paid for them!

Great answer to my post! I expected more negative. We obviously have different views about it but, I respect that you're promoting not just a name, but your employer which you represent. Who knows, maybe one day I'll pick up an EXT and see what happens. Worst case, I'll leave a negative review.

And while I see what you're saying about checking social media stuff, some companies just aren't big into that. Doesn't mean they're doing bad because they don't own a page but, it also doesn't mean you're doing great if you have a page with a lot of followers. I'm sure if HTP started pushing the social media bit, they'd see a huge page follower growth. I think they're just more old fashioned and given all these sweet deals for customers lately, I think they're doing just fine. It's all speculation though, of course.

just because they say they will give you up to $800 rebate doesnt mean most rebates will be between $100 to $300 or less......just like when a new car dealer takes in a junker on trade, it has a small value in scrap or parts, i, sure most of the welders traded in will be scraped or parted out, or sold off wholesale to another country ....but a company isnt going to make the offer unless they can make money...

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbytime View Post
    just because they say they will give you up to $800 rebate doesnt mean most rebates will be between $100 to $300 or less......just like when a new car dealer takes in a junker on trade, it has a small value in scrap or parts, i, sure most of the welders traded in will be scraped or parted out, or sold off wholesale to another country ....but a company isnt going to make the offer unless they can make money...
    They will if they have a short term goal. I agree that most people will not get that much. That is a hook no doubt, but when people read and see the fine print on what they are getting, they may not be so ready to sell. In most every case, the person interested in the new product would be far better off listing it on their own. But it is still a large dent in their profit margin on a unit, even if they sell one for scrap or parts, because there's a lot of labor involved in that, and some overhead in storage and processing. Of course this deal doesn't have an expiration date unless I missed it. It could be a short term promotional stunt with an expected short term loss, with a hail mary grab for attention, unless of course, they have insanely high profit margins.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Nice promotion! I think it's likely aimed at pro users who own many machines, and likely have a welder that is seldom used though it is in good working condition.

I would bet they are just trying to get people in the door so to speak to their brand. I believe they have confidence that once the type of people that have a machine to trade in and the budget to buy HTP (pros) use their machines, they will likely consider them for future purchases. They have confidence in their machines and customer service, and for good reason IMO. Their brand loyalty is mainly amongst pros, only lately has it grown to the youtube segment.

I'm not on anyone's side, I do like HTP and love their customer service. I've had the pleasure of using their welders and would buy one without hesitation if my budget allowed. I've tried a few higher end everlast welders as well and wouldn't hesitate to use them as a prosumer and below level user. Using it as my ownly industrial machine that feeds my family might not inspire as much confidence.

HTP is a top tier machine, in price and quality, let's get that out of the way first. They don't sell $250 dollar machines, They don't set out to compete with other brands that make most of their business with "low" budget buyers (in volume), even if those brands have industrial models as well. They also have a very streamlined company (probably possible due to their targeted market), that hasn't changed much in years (most people still call and order). I don't see them having much overhead.

I can't speculate about their markup but it's likely higher than everlast, who, like any "budget" product relies mainly on volume. Not knocking either strategy or company but there are important business philosophy differences.

As for the promotion itself, I don't think it's dishonest or misleading. At least not more so than ANY similar buyback style promotion. Any sale or discount is really a gimmick, if you think otherwise you're a great customer lol. I can't think of ANY non utilities company that doesn't offer promotions of some sort.

I think Slowblues has summed it up pretty well there. HTP are in the position where they aren't big enough to rely on thousands of dealer branches, but are big enough, and have a good enough product, to do some creative marketing like this. Probably flogging the old machines in bulk trade sales, or just scrapping them... can't imagine they'll be giving more than the machines are worth anyways.

Bit of a predictable trend here. I opened this thread for the first time this morning, knowing that Oscar would bring his usual brand devotion, Lugweld would be highly critical as usual, someone would make a comparison with Everlast, and Lugweld would instantly be highly defensive, as usual

I think Munkul summed it up very well, and Slowblues as well. What ever they're up to with these promo's, it's their thing, whether we like it or not. Just goes to show how much they're doing to appreciate [potential future] customers, or even just current customers. What other manufacturer is doing anything even remotely similar to this? Not Lincoln, not Miller, not Esab, not anybody. I mean others run sales/rebates as well, yes, as we all know, but most who are thinking of upgrading don't want a rack of older antiquated machines sitting around. If you wanted to sell in Craigslist, you have to wait until you get a bite and even then you're sure to get low-ball'ed. Where as here you get an offer right away (even if you could potentially get more for it selling it on your own to someone).

I just hope they have a good promo when the new 400A Invertig AC/DC TIG comes out! Now that should be a real treat! But for now, these promo's will hopefully help someone out. Back in the day the only promo they ran was on the Invertig 221, and you had to wait until black Friday to get in on it. Like others have said, its the customer service that really gets people in the door and coming back. And now that they have these killer machines being brought over from Stel in Italy, well its a real treat let, let me tell you! If anyone is in South Texas passing by, you're welcome to try mine out (no criminals/psycho's/anyone I dislike, please, lol). Not that I care if you buy one or not; these machines are just a real treat to weld with! We can make a 1st time ever South Texas Weld-o-rama! B.Y.O.S. (Bring-Your-Own-Scrapmetal)

HTP Invertig 400
    HTP Invertig 221
    HTP ProPulse 300
    HTP ProPulse 200 x2
    HTP ProPulse 220MTS
    HTP Inverarc 200TLP
    HTP Microcut 875SC

Oscar wrote:
    I just hope they have a good promo when the new 400A Invertig AC/DC TIG comes out!

That would be fantastic, I am waiting for that to show up. The USAweld (HTP) folks are about good service.
    Ernie F.

Quote Originally Posted by metalman21 View Post
    Oscar wrote:

That would be fantastic, I am waiting for that to show up. The USAweld (HTP) folks are about good service.
    You'll have to wait behind me, I'm numero-uno on that list.

HTP Invertig 400
    HTP Invertig 221
    HTP ProPulse 300
    HTP ProPulse 200 x2
    HTP ProPulse 220MTS
    HTP Inverarc 200TLP
    HTP Microcut 875SC

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    You'll have to wait behind me, I'm numero-uno on that list.
    I think trying to jump the line and getting between you and a new HTP machine would be dangerous .
    The 400 is still not available according to the Stel web site. Hope they (HTP) have it for the open house they are having in Nov. Not that I'm going to that or FabTech.
    Ernie F.